MY VIEW: AFTER SOME GREAT DEFENDING BY CITY & LOOKING GOOD T

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION

AFTER SOME GREAT DEFENDING BY CITY & LOOKING GOOD TODAY V NEWLY PROMOTED LUTON IN THE DYING MINUTES LUTON WERE GIVEN A FREE HEADER TO EQUALISE / BUT THEN IN THE 95TH MIN NEW SIGNING VESSELL RESCUED CITY 2-1 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

City got what they deserved 3pts :bluebird: :bluebird:

Isaac Vessell scored :bluebird: :bluebird:

Terrific start to the second-half by City with my man of the match Aden Flint scoring early on & also some top class defending, Flint won everything :thumbright: :bluebird:

Luton pressed and pressed for an equaliser and in the 86th min Matty Pearson had a free header in 1-1 :cry:

First-half :New signing Glaztel & Murphy were a continual nuisance to Luton. Luton had one good chance which Smithies saved, but over all Cardiff deserved to at least scored one goal 0-0.

Gavin Whyte has still got a lot to learn and hopefully will get better every game.

Cardiff had Five changes from last weeks defeat at Wigan, Smithies,Paterson & new signings Marlon Pack &
Robert Glatzel started.

CARDIFF CITY 2 LUTON TOWN 1 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
H/T 0-0
Crowd 24,724 Away Support ( 2,064 Luton fans)

City: Alex Smithies Lee Peltier Sean Morrison Aden Flint Joe Bennett Joe Ralls
Marlon Pack Callum Paterson Gavin Whyte Josh Murphy Robert Glatzel

Subs: Joe Day Curtis Nelson Leandro Bacuna Will Vaulks Junior Hoilett Omar Bogle Isaac Vassell

Cardiff started brightly with two chances from Josh Murphy, One he should of done better.

16th min City Hit the bar, a delightful, chipped ball into the box from Ralls allowed Morrison to latch on to it, but his header rattled the crossbar before Flint’s followed-up sailed over.

New signing Glaztel & Murphy were a continual nuisance to Luton.

37th min a great save from Alex Smithies kept the tie level :ayatollah:

Over all though Cardiff by far the better team in the first-half.

H/T 0-0

52nd min Murphy whipped a freekick in deep towards the far post. It seemed to elude everyone, but Aden Flint was there to tap home 1-0 City :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

62nd min What a tackle from Flint, Luton should of scored, well done Flint :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

66th min Hoilett on for Murphy.

72nd Gavin Whyte is off for Will Vaulks

It was all Luton now and they continually pressured Cardiff.

Luton pressed and pressed for an equaliser and in the 86th min Matty Pearson had a free header in 1-1 :cry:

New signing Vessell brought on in the 90th min.

Yes Vessell scores 2-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

F/T 2-1

Callum Paterson & Josh Murphy both booked.

MY MAN OF THE MATCH ADEN FLINT :thumbright: :bluebird:

UP NEXT READING V CARDIFF CITY SUNDAY 18TH AUGUST 12PM LIVE ON SKY :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
0_JS189776746.jpg
0_JS189776746.jpg (40.61 KiB) Viewed 9598 times
0_JS189777211.jpg
0_JS189777211.jpg (30.26 KiB) Viewed 9598 times
0_JS189777253.jpg
0_JS189777253.jpg (34.85 KiB) Viewed 9598 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: AFTER SOME GREAT DEFENDING BY CITY & LOOKING GO

Postby CardiffBatman888 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:59 pm

Impressive how you can type so fast and post this straight after the whistle lol
CardiffBatman888

Postby thomasblue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:00 pm

You've got to question the decision to go defensive with tens minutes to go when you are in control of a game and coasting.

That decision nearly cost us 3 points , it's exactly what we did last season and got relegated. Once he changed it back with vassell going up top we went on the attack and scored.

WHY CHANGE IT, WE ARE BETTER THAN THESE TEAMS SO JUST ATTACK THEM AND BEAT THEM !!!!
thomasblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Odd conceding a header with such height in the team.

Great win in the end though, a late winner can sometimes push a team on.

If we had drawn I think it would have such put even more pressure on the next game, the longer a team goes without a win the worse it is.

First three points now push on. Glad to see Vassell get a goal as well.
2blue2handle

Postby CardiffBatman888 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Massive 3 points, great boost of confidence and morale.
CardiffBatman888

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:02 pm

We deserved the win.

Great confidence booster for Vassell to get the winner!

Glatzel, Flint and Pack were all brilliant.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:06 pm

[quote="CardiffBatman888"]Impressive how you can type so fast and post this straight after the whistle lol[/ :bluebird: quote]

:lol:

Cheers , I nearly said we need a striker :lol: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby mistaflux75 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Buzzing for everyone!!
Well done lads, first 3 pts. Congrats to Flint and super sub Vassel. Bluebirds Bluebirds Bluebirds!!!! :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
mistaflux75

Postby RageJon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Happy with the 3 points
Still not sure we are competitive enough to get near promotion
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby KWest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Given how well some other teams are already playing, I won’t lie and say that I’m feeling confident after what I saw today. Murphy still as lazy as ever (could’ve had 3-4 today, if he actually put a little more effort in), and our central midfield literally missing on a lot of occasions. Worrying stuff, but we’ll see where we sit come the end of the month.

Genuinely felt like I was watching Slade’s Cardiff again, in that last half hour. Look no further than the 72nd minute, when we had a great break on and outnumbered them in their half, yet Paterson is standing in front of Pack telling him to slow it down. Incredible, and we paid the price.

We deserved the win, and this is a good Luton side, but if we play like that against other teams, we’re going to lose more than we win.
KWest

Postby Mike Strinati » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Looked very good defensively for most of the match, FairPlay to the new guys coming in all had a good game. Would have been robbery if they had got the draw. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Mike Strinati

Postby exile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:39 pm

KWest wrote:Given how well some other teams are already playing, I won’t lie and say that I’m feeling confident after what I saw today. Murphy still as lazy as ever (could’ve had 3-4 today, if he actually put a little more effort in), and our central midfield literally missing on a lot of occasions. Worrying stuff, but we’ll see where we sit come the end of the month.

Genuinely felt like I was watching Slade’s Cardiff again, in that last half hour. Look no further than the 72nd minute, when we had a great break on and outnumbered them in their half, yet Paterson is standing in front of Pack telling him to slow it down. Incredible, and we paid the price.

We deserved the win, and this is a good Luton side, but if we play like that against other teams, we’re going to lose more than we win.

some people just love to criticise,we won,enjoy.we'll get a lot better,early days :bluebird:
exile

Postby buckleys brewery » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Shocking equaliser. Good timely substitution, though.
buckleys brewery

Postby KWest » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:42 pm

exile wrote:
KWest wrote:Given how well some other teams are already playing, I won’t lie and say that I’m feeling confident after what I saw today. Murphy still as lazy as ever (could’ve had 3-4 today, if he actually put a little more effort in), and our central midfield literally missing on a lot of occasions. Worrying stuff, but we’ll see where we sit come the end of the month.

some people just love to criticise,we won,enjoy.we'll get a lot better,early days :bluebird:

I don’t “just love to criticise” at all, mate - I’m pretty bloody fair with how I analyse our performances, to be fair ;)
KWest

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Overall, I would say I am happy. We got the 3 points and the new players all did well. It was a slow start and we were playing a new level of hoof ball but as the game went on, especially into the second half, we looked a lot better I thought.

My main concern is that at 1-0, in a position of control, rather than press on and kill the game off we allowed Luton to push forward and get back into the game. We did the same at Wigan.

I hope we learn and start working to kill games off going forward.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Thought the new signings showed a lot of promise, and none of them failed to impress. Obviously only going to improve as the team gels and gets used to Warnock's style of play. I always had more trust in Warnock's choice of player than the pundits on here who criticised him throughout the transfer window, and while it's early days and way to soon to get too excited on the back of one win, once again it looks as if Warnock is showing the difference between a manger who lives in the real world, rather than one who lives on computer games.
Steve Zodiak

Postby exile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Thought the new signings showed a lot of promise, and none of them failed to impress. Obviously only going to improve as the team gels and gets used to Warnock's style of play. I always had more trust in Warnock's choice of player than the pundits on here who criticised him throughout the transfer window, and while it's early days and way to soon to get too excited on the back of one win, once again it looks as if Warnock is showing the difference between a manger who lives in the real world, rather than one who lives on computer games.

well said,agree 100% :occasion5: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
exile

Postby theclaw » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Deserved the 3pts today in very difficult conditions,Flint was awesome and Murphy was on fire early doors when he really should have got a goal.
Well done to Vassell for the winner from a great Hoilett cross.
Onwards and upwards :bluescarf:
theclaw

Postby BobbyBlue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Very happy with that results against a promoted team which can always be a banana skin, I think Luton will cause a few upsets this season.
Considering all these new players we have who have had no time to gel I think we done well, glatzel looked very promising, Patterson looked unfit so the match fit was will do him great, pack looked solid and vassell looks a good buy.
IMO we will only get better glad to get those first points on the board yesssssss
BobbyBlue

Postby BobbyBlue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Thought the new signings showed a lot of promise, and none of them failed to impress. Obviously only going to improve as the team gels and gets used to Warnock's style of play. I always had more trust in Warnock's choice of player than the pundits on here who criticised him throughout the transfer window, and while it's early days and way to soon to get too excited on the back of one win, once again it looks as if Warnock is showing the difference between a manger who lives in the real world, rather than one who lives on computer games.

Spot on Steve, how anyone can question a manger with so many promotions, yet again I’m sure there are loads on here with plenty of promotions, on championship manager :lol:
BobbyBlue

Postby wez1927 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Overall, I would say I am happy. We got the 3 points and the new players all did well. It was a slow start and we were playing a new level of hoof ball but as the game went on, especially into the second half, we looked a lot better I thought.

My main concern is that at 1-0, in a position of control, rather than press on and kill the game off we allowed Luton to push forward and get back into the game. We did the same at Wigan.

I hope we learn and start working to kill games off going forward.

I agree i would like us going for the killer goals
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:06 pm

The result was much more important than the performance today with 5 players making a debut. Warnock's post match comment "We are a better dressing room for the window" is very telling too. The squad needed to freshen and with patience this season, as I think we will lose a few, I think we can get in to the play offs.
EastleighBlue

Postby 7777 glt » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:10 pm

RageJon wrote:Happy with the 3 points
Still not sure we are competitive enough to get near promotion

5 changes from last week and we will be better when they bed in .... well happy with the new players
7777 glt

Postby cantonbluebird1959 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:22 pm

A strong performance and on another day could have scored a few more. I thought Luton were lightweight and will struggle as the season progresses. Flint was outstanding.
cantonbluebird1959

Postby Danny Says » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Not sure if anyone really thinks that was good. As usual, lots of punting up the pitch rather than passing it on the floor into space and direct balls onto forwards.

City’s lack of skill and creativity and flair in the middle of the park will cause us real issues this season.

Better teams will do a lot more with the endless possession in central midfield and with so much space and time than Luton did.

Only but for 2 quality assists did City get 3 points as a result of poor finishing in first half.

The defending for their equaliser was so amateur. Zonal marking; why? Why was there nobody on the goal post?

Yes City won but for 75 minutes out of the 90 it was dire, dull, devoid of skill and creativity.

No doubt I’ll watch the championship highlights of other games green with envy at the attacking flair of other teams.
Danny Says

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Danny Says wrote:Not sure if anyone really thinks that was good. As usual, lots of punting up the pitch rather than passing it on the floor into space and direct balls onto forwards.

City’s lack of skill and creativity and flair in the middle of the park will cause us real issues this season.

Better teams will do a lot more with the endless possession in central midfield and with so much space and time than Luton did.

Only but for 2 quality assists did City get 3 points as a result of poor finishing in first half.

The defending for their equaliser was so amateur. Zonal marking; why? Why was there nobody on the goal post?

Yes City won but for 75 minutes out of the 90 it was dire, dull, devoid of skill and creativity.

No doubt I’ll watch the championship highlights of other games green with envy at the attacking flair of other teams.

Agree with some of that, I personally thought it was an awful game and that neither team really deserved anything more than a point, but luckily we got 3 :ayatollah: The ball spent so much time in the air it was horrible watching us head it back and four all game. Thought there were some good individual performances such as Flint, Pack and Glatzel but with Paterson at 10 their doesn't seem to be any creativity or anyone who can pick a pass in the final third at times. I thought Luton were poor as well.

But anyway we picked up 3 pts and that's the main thing, but personally id like to see us not playing head tennis so much and try and bring the ball down more.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby lord raglan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Fair assessment by Bluebird warrior .

Very happy with the 3points , could have been a banana skin today .
Lads new and old all contributed amicably.
Yes would love to see football on the ground but it’s warnock and that’s what he does it’s not pretty but it does get results .
Don’t know why he said we had a problem with the pitch in his press conference on Friday because we didn’t play much on the carpet at times .
But hey ho.....3 points are in the bag . :bluescarf:

Roll on Reading .
lord raglan

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:58 pm

thomasblue wrote:You've got to question the decision to go defensive with tens minutes to go when you are in control of a game and coasting.

That decision nearly cost us 3 points , it's exactly what we did last season and got relegated. Once he changed it back with vassell going up top we went on the attack and scored.

WHY CHANGE IT, WE ARE BETTER THAN THESE TEAMS SO JUST ATTACK THEM AND BEAT THEM !!!!

Couldn't agree more. It didn't look as though we wanted to score again until they equalised. Just thankful we got the result in the end
CF23 Bluebird

Postby Dbenson1991 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Anyone else seen Callum Paterson shouting in the Luton GK’s face seconds after Vassell’s goal? The guy is an absolute legend
Dbenson1991

Postby Danny Says » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Not sure if anyone really thinks that was good. As usual, lots of punting up the pitch rather than passing it on the floor into space and direct balls onto forwards.

Agree with some of that, I personally thought it was an awful game and that neither team really deserved anything more than a point, but luckily we got 3 :ayatollah: The ball spent so much time in the air it was horrible watching us head it back and four all game. Thought there were some good individual performances such as Flint, Pack and Glatzel but with Paterson at 10 their doesn't seem to be any creativity or anyone who can pick a pass in the final third at times. I thought Luton were poor as well.

But anyway we picked up 3 pts and that's the main thing, but personally id like to see us not playing head tennis so much and try and bring the ball down more.

Yes but under Warnock it’ll never happen. The no 10 player has to be the most important part of the attacking element of the team. Paterson is great at head flicking it on and yes he’ll score a few but the no 10 needs to be deft and skilful on the floor with the ball. Tomlin eg now Reid has gone.

But Tomlin won’t be picked. It’s just not the Warnock way. It’ll be attrition and long balls all season long and if we’re leading going into the last quarter, it’ll be ultra cautious and defensive.
Danny Says

Next

Return to General Chat