CAM/No.10 role

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CAM/No.10 role

Postby JConway44 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Just wondering what fans' thoughts are on that number 10 role behind the striker?
Glatzel looked great today but does seem like a striker willing to work and challenge for the high balls but will link with the player behind superbly on the deck.
I love Patterson and how he plays, non stop worker and won't take any prisoners but felt he was let out to dry a bit today in a crucial role. He and Glatzel would be going for similar balls on some occasions and the little inter-play around the box isn't his strongest point. I think this also didn't help in us keeping possession for very long.
We had Camarasa in this role a lot last season and it'll be tough to get anyone near that good.
Do we keep Patterson there and hope it will gel or try a new approach with that position?

Not being negative at all as I was very chuffed with the win and content with the performance :ayatollah:
JConway44

CAM/No.10 role

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CAM/No.10 role

Postby neilst » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Lee Tomlin it has to be. Also switch hoilett for whyte thought he looked shyte.
neilst

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 pm

neilst wrote:Lee Tomlin it has to be. Also switch hoilett for whyte thought he looked shyte.

Nice comment hope the young whyte dont read this board
Imo
He got better as the game went on
Many on here saying he done well
Hmmm
troobloo3339

Postby salopiancity » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:34 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
neilst wrote:Lee Tomlin it has to be. Also switch hoilett for whyte thought he looked shyte.

Nice comment hope the young whyte dont read this board
Imo
He got better as the game went on
Many on here saying he done well
Hmmm

I’d give Vassell the 10 berth, as for Whyte, yeah he looks raw and it’s a big step up but he looks like he has the makings of something decent. :ayatollah:
salopiancity

Postby streamfeeder » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:37 pm

great of you to show your support for the young lad :clap: he had a good debut, looked a bit nervous and played the wrong ball twice but he will be a big player for us as the season goes on
streamfeeder

Postby moonboots » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Heard he don't think much of you either :thumbup:
moonboots

Postby neilst » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Sorry being a bit harsh but the way everyone was talking I was excited to watch him and was expecting a Craig noone when he first come. Needs to get involved more don't think I seen him touch the ball the first half and people where critising Murphy when made a mistake but he was doing everything the first half felt sorry for the defender marking him he run rings round him
neilst

Postby LiamD1991 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Personally think Warnock will persist with Pato/Glatzel and try steam roll teams. This may take a while to gel with Pato coming off the back of a bad ankle injury not being match fit combined with Glatzel not knowing this league. Think it will come good eventually but we may have to be patient.

I’d love to see Tomlin get the nod and see what he can do now his heads screwed on. However think he may be shipped out to league one or kept on the bench at best for when Pato has run himself into the ground!
LiamD1991

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:33 am

I like Paterson but I have to be honest id much rather start with Tomlin and bring Paterson on with 20 mins left. Feel we lacked so much creativity in the middle and Glatzel would probably work better with a player who can pick a pass when he makes a run in behind imo.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:48 am

It's going to be Patterson. Surprised he didn't bring in another, maybe that Gory guy was going to be it? If Patterson gets injured then Tomlin may make the bench at some point.

I think if Patterson got injured he would just tweak the formation and use Pack, Ralls and one of Bacuna / Vaulks rather than Tomlin.
2blue2handle

Postby JConway44 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:53 am

Considering he's young and it was his first Championship game I thought Whyte worked superbly well. Composure went on a few occasions but that happened with some of our most experienced players. Personally think he will grow and become a favourite of Warnock's with that attitude.
JConway44

Postby JConway44 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:57 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I like Paterson but I have to be honest id much rather start with Tomlin and bring Paterson on with 20 mins left. Feel we lacked so much creativity in the middle and Glatzel would probably work better with a player who can pick a pass when he makes a run in behind imo.

That is what I got from his play today. I think with Pato we were more direct than we needed to be today. Luton are a better team than people will make out and we needed to try keeping the ball slightly longer as they play that slow build-up, wear you down football. I worry against some other teams who do that we may not create enough and could be under pressure more often.
JConway44

Postby JConway44 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:01 am

2blue2handle wrote:It's going to be Patterson. Surprised he didn't bring in another, maybe that Gory guy was going to be it? If Patterson gets injured then Tomlin may make the bench at some point.

I think if Patterson got injured he would just tweak the formation and use Pack, Ralls and one of Bacuna / Vaulks rather than Tomlin.

Thought Vaulks looked decent when he came on. Really got into it. Was nice seeing him sprint from one side of the pitch to take the throw at the end. Can see he has that determination that the City fans want to see.
I'd like Tomlin to have a shot in that role as he seems like he'd fit in games like today. Be interesting to see if he will be used
JConway44

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:01 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I like Paterson but I have to be honest id much rather start with Tomlin and bring Paterson on with 20 mins left. Feel we lacked so much creativity in the middle and Glatzel would probably work better with a player who can pick a pass when he makes a run in behind imo.

I agree with regards to Tomlin but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
As a footballer and skill wise, Patterson offers little but Warnock loves him for his headers, work rate and enthusiasm.

Hell of a fat arse on him though!!
What’s happened?
:laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby JConway44 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:03 am

LiamD1991 wrote:Personally think Warnock will persist with Pato/Glatzel and try steam roll teams. This may take a while to gel with Pato coming off the back of a bad ankle injury not being match fit combined with Glatzel not knowing this league. Think it will come good eventually but we may have to be patient.

I’d love to see Tomlin get the nod and see what he can do now his heads screwed on. However think he may be shipped out to league one or kept on the bench at best for when Pato has run himself into the ground!

Glatzel and Paterson linked brilliantly a few times so it could eventually work out. Amazing if so and fair play to Paterson if he can adjust to that role with a new striker up top. Easy to forget this guy was signed as a right back!

Warnock does love Paterson and it is easy to see why. I'm just worried against some teams with more quality up top they could finish us off if we don't take the sting out of a game and keep the ball only for small periods of a match.
JConway44

Postby actionman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Another thought what about playing ralls higher up 4231 pack and vaulks as the 2 and ralls middle of the 3
actionman

Postby actionman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:53 pm

Another thought what about playing ralls higher up 4231 pack and vaulks as the 2 and ralls middle of the 3
actionman

Return to General Chat