Luton Town manager Graeme Jones:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:34 pm

"We didn't control the moment. We were slicing things and putting it out for throw-ins. That's how they play. It's not how we play. We played really well for 94 minutes and competed but the game is about 95.

"We made some rash decisions when we were fatigued. I am disappointed with the first goal because we had worked at that a lot.

"The only thing I asked the players to do was be themselves before the game. Overall they were, it's just the last minute of the game, we got punished."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Luton Town manager Graeme Jones:

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:51 pm

If he thinks Luton played well for 94 minutes I am glad I am not a Luton fan. They had one attempt on target and that went in. They hardly threatened all day and we should have won with ease despite not playing particularly well.
JJ1927

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:58 pm

JJ1927 wrote:If he thinks Luton played well for 94 minutes I am glad I am not a Luton fan. They had one attempt on target and that went in. They hardly threatened all day and we should have won with ease despite not playing particularly well.

3 months ago Both Cardiff & Luton were 2 divisions apart. Don’t be so critical because he’s right, of course they played well. If we were Luton in the premier league facing Man City and we lost in the same manner, of course we would say we played well.

And in my opinion they looked like a good little side, especially for a team that was playing in league one last season
Deep Blue FC

Postby phildavies » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:13 pm

If we had been clinical (particulary Murphy) we should have buried them in the first half. Other than their goal, the one save and the awesome tackle by Flint in the box they did nothing but pass it about in their own half. They will be battling relegation this season.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:25 pm

phildavies wrote:If we had been clinical (particulary Murphy) we should have buried them in the first half. Other than their goal, the one save and the awesome tackle by Flint in the box they did nothing but pass it about in their own half. They will be battling relegation this season.

Been said before possessing the ball is good if it brings opportunities to score they didn't ! He was having a dig at our style of play but we play quick get ball forward football and had better chances than their kind of football its that simple.....
Ps nice to see head tennis back! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby valleyrambill » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:06 pm

I watched his interview and didn't disagree with much he was clearly annoyed thinking they earned a point away from home against a team that was in the premiership not long ago and lost in the last minute so understand his view and we do long throws.

Still don't give a shit what other managers say as long we keep getting 3 points as Long as Warnock is waving his arm and punching the air with the City faithful at the end of every home game I will be very happy and will enjoy seeing the losing managers moaning
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby phildavies » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I watched his interview and didn't disagree with much he was clearly annoyed thinking they earned a point away from home against a team that was in the premiership not long ago and lost in the last minute so understand his view and we do long throws.

Still don't give a shit what other managers say as long we keep getting 3 points as Long as Warnock is waving his arm and punching the air with the City faithful at the end of every home game I will be very happy and will enjoy seeing the losing managers moaning

Their goal was from a set piece though :lol:

It not like they were ripping us apart like Man City or something. I hate these managers who think because their teams pass the ball along the back pointlessly going nowhere they are somehow superior to the teams that beat them by getting it forward quickly.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:15 pm

phildavies wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:I watched his interview and didn't disagree with much he was clearly annoyed thinking they earned a point away from home against a team that was in the premiership not long ago and lost in the last minute so understand his view and we do long throws.

It not like they were ripping us apart like Man City or something. I hate these managers who think because their teams pass the ball along the back pointlessly going nowhere they are somehow superior to the teams that beat them by getting it forward quickly.

Just about sums it up Phil :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:19 pm

phildavies wrote:

Spot on. Football is about creating chances and scoring goals and not about how many passes you play.

In fact the top passer in the opposition half by some way yesterday was Joe Ralls.

One of which was when he pulled the ball down after the head tennis from BOTH teams to lay on for Hoillet to cross.

Seems like when these teams lose they try to console themselves with ‘well we might have lost , but we play prettier football ‘

It’s a load of bollox
Lawnmower

Postby actionman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:58 pm

I’ll say it again why play 20 passes when 3 will do
actionman

Postby Danny Says » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Mmm Warnock’s excuses when we lose aren’t any better :roll:
Danny Says

Return to General Chat