' Just an early observation '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:23 am

Just an early observation.

I will judge City after our first 10 games, what I do believe is that we won't be in the bottom half come May as Warnock will get his players grafting and fighting to the end :bluebird:

The clubs that City have played so ,I think Luton & Wigan will be in the bottom half come May and at least one of them relegated.

I also believe the Championship is far stronger than when we were in it last time.

ANY OPINIONS ?
Attachments
39388141_10160663824330468_3232368648685355008_n-3-2.jpg
39388141_10160663824330468_3232368648685355008_n-3-2.jpg (45.47 KiB) Viewed 9509 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Just an early observation '

Postby caerblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:32 am

In my opinion we have a stronger squad,but not a stronger team,from our last promotion season,the lack of creativity in our midfield will be our downfall,could tomlins be the answer?,as of yet warnock don’t seem to think he is
caerblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:35 am

caerblue wrote:In my opinion we have a stronger squad,but not a stronger team,from our last promotion season,the lack of creativity in our midfield will be our downfall,could tomlins be the answer?,as of yet warnock don’t seem to think he is

Creatitivity? We should have been 4 up at halftime created that many good chances! Besides take time to gel into NW style of play, creating chances from wherever is not going to be a problem this season if Saturday is anything to go by. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:43 am

Totally agree Annis
Much more tougher games to come. Hopefully, the team will start to gel. Yesterday was the first time some of them have played together. We should have been 4 up by half time yesterday. We will not always get that many chances.
Reading is another very winnable game.
I am not convinced yet but hugely optimistic as always. Mainly, because of Sir Warnock.
Bridgwater Blue

Postby caerblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:49 am

pembroke allan wrote:
caerblue wrote:In my opinion we have a stronger squad,but not a stronger team,from our last promotion season,the lack of creativity in our midfield will be our downfall,could tomlins be the answer?,as of yet warnock don’t seem to think he is

Creatitivity? We should have been 4 up at halftime created that many good chances! Besides take time to gel into NW style of play, creating chances from wherever is not going to be a problem this season if Saturday is anything to go by. :thumbup:

Against the lesser sides I think we will be ok,but when we play the top sides,it will become a problem,I might be wrong but time will tell
caerblue

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just an early observation.

I will judge City after our first 10 games, what I do believe is that we won't be in the bottom half come May as Warnock will get his players grafting and fighting to the end :bluebird:

The clubs that City have played so ,I think Luton & Wigan will be in the bottom half come May and at least one of them relegated.

I also believe the Championship is far stronger than when we were in it last time.

ANY OPINIONS ?

Should hope we wont be in bottom half! Think the league is stronger this year and it will be a battle to get in top six but expect us to be at least challenging for a spot. Think Luton will go struggle to stay up as from what I have seen of them in the two games their defence is awful. I think Wigan will be alright though.
JJ1927

Postby Blueman39 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm

10 games is a good benchmark....still concerned about the lack of pace in centre of defence and hope that Tomlin is going to turn up properly this season as he’s class when on song ...see us between 6th-10th in May tbh as agree squad looks stronger but starting 11 not as good as when we went up.....
Will be interesting to see what happens in January if we are around top 6 ....will Warnock go for it with a few signings ?!???
Blueman39

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:13 pm

caerblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Against the lesser sides I think we will be ok,but when we play the top sides,it will become a problem,I might be wrong but time will tell

We do well against top sides but probably lose games in last 10mins :o
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Always a tough league to get out of. I have a feeling Tomlin will get his chance, and play a crucial role this season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Agree with most in that it is too early.

One thing I would argue is the the spine of the team is as strong if not stronger.

Etheridge will be back, Flint and Morrison look good (although we will have be aware of pace), Pack was excellent and Glatzel on first impressions looks as good a striker as we’ve had for a good while.

The key is can we create ? Let’s see but after seeing a team with 5 players making their league home debuts this team can only improve.
piledriver64

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:37 pm

All I know for sure is a NW side will grind out results and will play until the final whistle. That happened yesterday and in 207/18 and was good enough to get us promoted.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:38 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Agree with most in that it is too early.

One thing I would argue is the the spine of the team is as strong if not stronger.

Etheridge will be back, Flint and Morrison look good (although we will have be aware of pace), Pack was excellent and Glatzel on first impressions looks as good a striker as we’ve had for a good while.

The key is can we create ? Let’s see but after seeing a team with 5 players making their league home debuts this team can only improve.

Personally I thought we created loads of chances yesterday, the problem was not converting them into goals.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Logie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Against tough teams play defensive and score from set pieces. Will be disappointed if we dont get a goal a game from set pieces ;)
Logie

Postby Crayfish » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Always a tough league to get out of. I have a feeling Tomlin will get his chance, and play a crucial role this season.

I think Tomlin should play he deserves his chance and would be our most creative midfielder unfortunately when Warnock takes against you he his completely stubborn and won't play a player even when he should. The fact that Tomlin was not even on the bench yesterday tells it's own story.
Crayfish

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Tomlin was not on bench because he had a dicky tummy during the week (ie: gastroenteritis)
Tuna Pasta Bake

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Tomlin was not on bench because he had a dicky tummy during the week (ie: gastroenteritis)

Why not at Wigan tho?
2blue2handle

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:49 pm

I think we will make top 6,not sure of automatic, although we have the most experienced manager in the division, so who knows what this guy can achieve, winning the league wouldn't surprise me :thumbup:
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby valleyrambill » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:00 pm

I agree accept I dont think Luton or Wigan will go down and Luton are going to be a hard team to beat as other teams will find this season its a tough one to call as clearly have a team I think will get better new players will gel better .

people keep saying about Tomlin I am not sure on that one his ability is not on question his fitness is he has lost weight in that picture on twitter but match fitness to this level I just wonder
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby goats » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:13 pm

I think our midfield is actually stronger this time than last. Gunners always made mistakes and grujic was an accident waiting to happen. I’d take pack, vaulks, tomlin with ralls over them. Sol will be in there soon too.....
goats

Postby wez1927 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:43 pm

I honestly think we will be up there against wigan and yeaturday we created loads of chances, as the new players bed in, we will be a very hard team to play against,we have options this time around up front, not just zohore or Patterson ,i think the championship is weaker this time around a lot if clubs are battling against ffp you look at the clubs theyve had to sell and trim there squads down
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:44 pm

goats wrote:I think our midfield is actually stronger this time than last. Gunners always made mistakes and grujic was an accident waiting to happen. I’d take pack, vaulks, tomlin with ralls over them. Sol will be in there soon too.....

Totally agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bluemellons » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:58 pm

Luton didn't win many 50/50's yesterday which shows how physically strong our side is.
Looked pretty comfortable, but we do need Hoilett in the side. He's such a clever player.
I think we'll be top 6. :bluebird:
Bluemellons

Postby caerblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
caerblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Every season is different,we don’t know yet who the top sides are going to be this season
caerblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:55 pm

caerblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
caerblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Every season is different,we don’t know yet who the top sides are going to be this season

Very true but there the usual suspects with odd surprise... so generalise that we'll lose games in last 10 mins more than anytime in games.
pembroke allan

Postby caerblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
caerblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
caerblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Very true but there the usual suspects with odd surprise... so generalise that we'll lose games in last 10 mins more than anytime in games.

I like to take things season by season personally,I do believe things average out over a season though
caerblue

Postby LiamD1991 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Think our physicality alone will see us finish top half. If we can be in and around the play offs come Jan hopefully Warnock can get some quality in the team as well. Personally think a top 6 finish is achievable if we can get some momentum early doors.
LiamD1991

Postby Danny Says » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:41 pm

I’ve been banging on this drum. It’s so obvious. But NW will not change his ways. I’ll never understood why he signed LT.
Danny Says

Postby Bluebina » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:12 am

The best manager in the League, best Keeper in the League and the biggest strongest squad in the league, I can't see why people don't think we are better than two years ago?

Based on everything I've seen this week, we should be top two unless we make some silly mistakes or suffer a bad spell of injuries, even if we do we should be top six.

The spine is solid, the defence is looking solid especially with Pack protecting them and Bamba and Etheridge (keeper I know but work with the defence) to come back in, and the biggest strongest and a very pacey front line we are every team's nightmare to play against.

If I was at say Leeds or Fulham, I would be very worried about having to play against a big strong aggressive Neil Warnock team like this!
Bluebina

Postby Danny Says » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:21 am

Bluebina wrote:The best manager in the League, best Keeper in the League and the biggest strongest squad in the league, I can't see why people don't think we are better than two years ago?

Based on everything I've seen this week, we should be top two unless we make some silly mistakes or suffer a bad spell of injuries, even if we do we should be top six.

The spine is solid, the defence is looking solid especially with Pack protecting them and Bamba and Etheridge (keeper I know but work with the defence) to come back in, and the biggest strongest and a very pacey front line we are every team's nightmare to play against.

If I was at say Leeds or Fulham, I would be very worried about having to play against a big strong aggressive Neil Warnock team like this!

Yes but don’t you reckon, as I do, that the standard is higher than 2 seasons ago? Some of the football I’ve seen in the highlights programme has been good. No really obvious weak teams this time around.
Danny Says

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Bluebina wrote:The best manager in the League, best Keeper in the League and the biggest strongest squad in the league, I can't see why people don't think we are better than two years ago?

I just don't see it but more than happy for that to be the case.

Strong start from the new guys, im more hopefully we could be pushing for the playoffs now though.
2blue2handle

Next

Return to General Chat