Morrison 200 for City

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Morrison 200 for City

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:22 am

Morrison 200th game for City yesterday.

I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, a big character around the dressing room and obviously a big leader in the squad but also a very good defender. He doesn't have the pace but always think we look a better team with him in.
2blue2handle

Morrison 200 for City

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Morrison 200 for City

Postby lockey1927 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 am

I agree, he's a rock for us, it's easier for people to remember his few mistakes though.
lockey1927

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:39 am

He should score more goals . I think he goes to ground too easy in the penalty box while we attack , cost us against Wigan.

But yes reasonable defender .

Not one of our greatest though
NIBluebird

Postby brynleybridle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:00 am

And now Fint and Pack in we should be ok
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
brynleybridle

Postby Willo Cardiff » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:28 am

NIBluebird wrote:He should score more goals . I think he goes to ground too easy in the penalty box while we attack , cost us against Wigan.

The last time we was was in the championship he scored plenty...
Willo Cardiff

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:39 am

NIBluebird wrote:He should score more goals . I think he goes to ground too easy in the penalty box while we attack , cost us against Wigan.

Not sure where your coming from here.Every other team are well aware of his prowess as an attacking player off a set piece that why he falls over so much because he's always in a wrestling match with the opposition.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Milkybarkid » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:59 am

In my near 50 years of watching city I can’t think of many better Centre halves we have had in there time at city Maybe Dwyer , Gabbidon , Hudson, Some May have-gone on and played better for other teams but not in their time at city
Milkybarkid

Postby Stevejonesfrom62 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:45 am

In these days of money orientated a geuine guy who has taken the city to his heart and a very good centre back as well well done mozzer at 200
Stevejonesfrom62

Postby MoodyBluebird » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:In my near 50 years of watching city I can’t think of many better Centre halves we have had in there time at city Maybe Dwyer , Gabbidon , Hudson, Some May have-gone on and played better for other teams but not in their time at city

What, no Don Murray ?!!! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that he may be just a tad before your time.
MoodyBluebird

Postby Milkybarkid » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:34 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:In my near 50 years of watching city I can’t think of many better Centre halves we have had in there time at city Maybe Dwyer , Gabbidon , Hudson, Some May have-gone on and played better for other teams but not in their time at city

What, no Don Murray ?!!! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that he may be just a tad before your time.

Yes before I started I can’t remember seeing him play
Milkybarkid

Postby RV Casual » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 pm

I'm struggling to think of many who have been better than him in my time following Cardiff tbh mate.

Iv been going since 92 and he would make a top 10 of our best defenders in that era with ease.
RV Casual

Postby phildavies » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:59 pm

RV Casual wrote:

I'm struggling to think of many who have been better than him in my time following Cardiff tbh mate.

Iv been going since 92 and he would make a top 10 of our best defenders in that era with ease.

TBF he doesn’t have much competition to make top 10 especially with some of the dross we had in that time.

Whenever I think about a best XI from players in my time watching city CB is always the place I struggle to pick the best 2 we have had a lot at a similar level.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby RV Casual » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 pm

phildavies wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

TBF he doesn’t have much competition to make top 10 especially with some of the dross we had in that time.

Whenever I think about a best XI from players in my time watching city CB is always the place I struggle to pick the best 2 we have had a lot at a similar level.

Oh I don't know mate, I think this is our 17th consecutive season in the top 2 divisions isn't it, a lot of defenders have come and gone in that time at this level with some decent ones in there and he is definitely one of the better ones.

I would go in no particular order.

Morrison
Manga
Loovens
Johnson
Bennett
Gabbidon
Collins
Purse
Mcnaughton
Hudson
RV Casual

Postby phildavies » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:24 pm

RV Casual wrote:
phildavies wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Oh I don't know mate, I think this is our 17th consecutive season in the top 2 divisions isn't it, a lot of defenders have come and gone in that time at this level with some decent ones in there and he is definitely one of the better ones.

Morrison
Manga
Loovens
Johnson
Bennett
Gabbidon
Collins
Purse
Mcnaughton
Hudson

McNaughton is not a CB though or Bennett.

No Bamba not even better than Purse :shock:

Bamba
Manga
Gabbidon
Collins
Hudson
Johnson

I’d find it hard to pick the best 2 out of those 6.

Mozza would defiantly be i. the 4 under those to make the top 10. Flint if he keeps up these performances could be right up their sensational first two games for him MOM in both,
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby RV Casual » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:28 am

phildavies wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
phildavies wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Morrison
Manga
Loovens
Johnson
Bennett
Gabbidon
Collins
Purse
Mcnaughton
Hudson

McNaughton is not a CB though or Bennett.

No Bamba not even better than Purse :shock:

Bamba
Manga
Gabbidon
Collins
Hudson
Johnson

I’d find it hard to pick the best 2 out of those 6.

Mozza would defiantly be i. the 4 under those to make the top 10. Flint if he keeps up these performances could be right up their sensational first two games for him MOM in both,

NI said he was a reasonable defender, but not one of our greatest so I assumed he meant in general hence my inclusion of Mcnaughton and Bennett as they are 'defenders'.

I liked Purse, he was a leader, Bamba is unlucky not to make my top 10 as are many that have played accross the back 4 over the years
RV Casual

Return to General Chat