Warnock's Legacy

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock's Legacy

Postby MoodyBluebird » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:31 pm

How will NW be remembered when he finally disappears over the hill ?

I suspect that it will be a mixture of extreme gratitude that he managed to stabilise the club and bring a period of relative success and one of relief that perhaps we have a chance for the incumbent manager to play a less turgid brand of football.

Be good to hear your thoughts.
MoodyBluebird

Warnock's Legacy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock's Legacy

Postby blue lagoon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:25 pm

We'd probably be in league 2 if it weren't for him. Club was mess before he came.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:35 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:How will NW be remembered when he finally disappears over the hill ?

I suspect that it will be a mixture of extreme gratitude that he managed to stabilise the club and bring a period of relative success and one of relief that perhaps we have a chance for the incumbent manager to play a less turgid brand of football.

Be good to hear your thoughts.

Still a bit early for this thread yet but the real supporters who understand football and where this club has been before him will only ever appreciate his contribution with thanks and admiration :clap: :notworthy:

Of course, as always, there will be a few who will feel the need to... :roll: :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Basically, imagine Malky Mackay. Then take away the dodgy agent transfer (basically stealing from the club) and take away the racism towards certain players like Kim Bo Kyung and co. Then times it by 10 because it’s Warnock’s last club. Then add a cherry on top for what Warnock has done in repairing the club, not just the team.

That’s his legacy.
Deep Blue FC

Postby wez1927 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Saving the club will be his legacy
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby MoodyBluebird » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Certainly the positives outweigh the negatives and for that he deserves to be fondly remembered by all us fans.

When he took QPR up, I remember him chatting to City fans when he got off the team coach. His friendly manner won me over then and there and I was delighted when he was named our manager.

Yes there is no doubt that I would like to see us play football more pleasing to the eye but I really respect the man for what he has achieved with our club.
MoodyBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:20 pm

He's been brilliant for the club no matter what happens this season.
2blue2handle

Postby maccydee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:49 am

wez1927 wrote:Saving the club will be his legacy

Saving, reenergising and revitalising the club will be his legacy.

One of the top three (any role) of all time at our club I think.

We can’t even fathom how far he has progressed us as a club. The football ain’t great but it works. I just wish he kept us playing the way we were just after Sala died. All the on pitch stress had gone it seemed and the players played with freedom.
maccydee

Postby phildavies » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Bet manager we have had in the modern era.

Took over a poor squad that was lacking in confidence and playing with relegation form. Stabilised us then got us promoted.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Bluebina » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 am

Best Manager we have ever had, he put the life back in the club and brought it back together, he will leave a fans favourite and the Canton Stand will become the Warnock Stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby cantonbluebird1959 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:02 pm

He has put the passion back in the Club. We might not play pretty football , but it is what all real City fans want, a team that will always give 100%.
The club is not divided anymore :ayatollah: :bluebird:
cantonbluebird1959

Postby MoodyBluebird » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:19 pm

All of the above plaudits are well earned but I believe there is still a yearning for City to entertain and put other teams to the sword by playing a scintillating brand of football.

Listening to Blakey's podcast he basically said that he wanted to be entertained, which he doesn't get from a Neil Warnock team and I know he is not alone harbouring these thoughts.

We will forever be indebted to NW for stabilising the club, injecting a level of passion into the team's performance and taking us to another level but you can understand the desire by many for us to kick on and play in such a way as to make our critics acknowledge that Cardiff City can play a bit.
MoodyBluebird

Postby MoodyBluebird » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Just to add. Would I be happier if we played great football but stayed a middling Championship team ?Definitely NOT.

Therein lies the conundrum.
MoodyBluebird

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:47 pm

I suspect the real challenge will be what to do when sir leaves.
Do we bring in a manager to play the same way or take countless transfer windows to change our personnel because the manager changes our style?
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby MoodyBluebird » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:I suspect the real challenge will be what to do when sir leaves.
Do we bring in a manager to play the same way or take countless transfer windows to change our personnel because the manager changes our style?

I doubt if there is another manager who sets his team up to play like Neil Warnock does. I can't even begin to imagine who his successor will be. Do we go with somebody like Chris Houghton who has been around the block a bit or do we pull a name out of a hat and hope for the best ? I suspect Vincent Tan may opt for the former rather than chance his arm on an unproven manager but all will be revealed in a year's time (Probably !)
MoodyBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:I suspect the real challenge will be what to do when sir leaves.

I think we have the players to play another way.

For me we need to head in a different direction.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat