Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bluebirds bars in Benidorm

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 am

Does anyone know of any?
Off there next weekend and I know it’s a long shot but was hoping for a stream of the Blackburn game in a pub somewhere out there.
Cheers in advance for any help :thumbup:

Re: Bluebirds bars in Benidorm

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 am

Im out there end of Feb no its a while away yet, but ill be asking the same question. if you find one then be sure to let me no :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:02 am

There was one, but not sure if still going?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:There was one, but not sure if still going?

I think I remember there being one there a few years ago. Think I watched our game when beat Leeds 4-1 away.
Please let me know if you find out whereabouts it is Annis, or indeed if it’s still around.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:22 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I think I remember there being one there a few years ago. Think I watched our game when beat Leeds 4-1 away.
Please let me know if you find out whereabouts it is Annis, or indeed if it’s still around.

Andrew, yes there was def one, but I think the owner has moved back to Cardiff.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

No worries mate.
I’ll just have to lie in the sun with the Mrs with half an eye on this forum for updates. :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Can't remember seeing any Welsh type pubs out there last year. The 1 that was at the top end is closed down

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Taffs bar closed down years ago the bourbon bar was a welsh bar but sold it to Bulgarians ,there was a bar owned by a guy from cardiff shut a few years ago. The nearest thing to a welsh pub is the cheap and cheerful opened by Carl from Caerphilly, most pubs just show whatever is on sky .you could try the garrison opposite memories if you call there regular enough. Good luck

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Caztheturkk wrote:Taffs bar closed down years ago the bourbon bar was a welsh bar but sold it to Bulgarians ,there was a bar owned by a guy from cardiff shut a few years ago. The nearest thing to a welsh pub is the cheap and cheerful opened by Carl from Caerphilly, most pubs just show whatever is on sky .you could try the garrison opposite memories if you call there regular enough. Good luck

Cheers lads

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:04 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

No worries mate.
I’ll just have to lie in the sun with the Mrs with half an eye on this forum for updates. :bluescarf:

Andrew, take your Fire Stick, mate :thumbup:

It'll work, so long as you have the internet (and a TV to connect to, of course) :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Just had a message offrom my mate Trevor who lives there if you call inow the cheap and cheerful on the day he will ask Carl to stream the game for you

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

No worries mate.

It'll work, so long as you have the internet (and a TV to connect to, of course) :ayatollah:

Chris, I did think of this but after spending a fair bit of dough in Dubai we booked a real cheap 2star in Benidorm - tv deffo not a smart one. Thanks for trying though mate.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Caztheturkk wrote:Just had a message offrom my mate Trevor who lives there if you call inow the cheap and cheerful on the day he will ask Carl to stream the game for you

Thanks mate.
So If I call in the ‘Cheap and Cheerful’ bar around 230, there’s a guy called Carl that I ask for to put it on?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Caztheturkk wrote:Taffs bar closed down years ago the bourbon bar was a welsh bar but sold it to Bulgarians ,there was a bar owned by a guy from cardiff shut a few years ago. The nearest thing to a welsh pub is the cheap and cheerful opened by Carl from Caerphilly, most pubs just show whatever is on sky .you could try the garrison opposite memories if you call there regular enough. Good luck

Cheers lads

Tj's karaoke & sports bar,trip advisor has all details ie address etc,promoted as the only true welsh bar online :!: dated 2019 so assume still open. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Cheers lads

Tj's karaoke & sports bar,trip advisor has all details ie address etc,promoted as the only true welsh bar online :!: dated 2019 so assume still open. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Cheers mate.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:18 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

No worries mate.

Chris, I did think of this but after spending a fair bit of dough in Dubai we booked a real cheap 2star in Benidorm - tv deffo not a smart one. Thanks for trying though mate.

Yes, I heard you had a good time :thumbup: :D

Take it anyway, as you never know :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Cheers lads

Cheers mate.

No worries,there are current reviews on trip advisor too :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:35 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Cheers lads

Cheers mate.

No worries,there are current reviews on trip advisor too :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Just had a look - one said that they showed ‘Swans v Arsenal’. :shock: