Reading away issues

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reading away issues

Postby CF31 Company » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Just reading comments on various social media about city fans be moaning the fact they can't get tickets for Reading. And whilst I agree Reading should have given us more there is not much the club can do about this?
There was a lot of people apparantly on holiday for the Wigan game. I wonder if they would have been on holiday if we were playing Chelsea away in the PL? Also there is a lot of suggestions that people who went to Wigan dont deserve tickets? Really? What I would have done would have given priorty to the people who went to Reading in Dec 17 2nd in the leauge it was minus 6 Lee Tomlin late equaliser not too many glory hunters there for that one if I remember correctly? Any way it's great to see following city is so much in demand and long may it continue
CF31 Company

Reading away issues

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Reading away issues

Postby Gaynor Straight » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:16 am

I dont think people wait for the fixtures to be released before booking their holiday. Fans with kids have a 6 week block to go on holiday and the first game of the season is at the end of the first fortnight, so miss the minimum of number of fixtures.

What I would have done was not exclude those who didn't go to Wigan from the initial criteria for Reading.
Gaynor Straight

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:33 am

Glory supporters :lol: It’s two games in and we’ve done shite in both, nothing to show glory about :lol: bewty.
BobbyBlue

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:52 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:I dont think people wait for the fixtures to be released before booking their holiday. Fans with kids have a 6 week block to go on holiday and the first game of the season is at the end of the first fortnight, so miss the minimum of number of fixtures.

What I would have done was not exclude those who didn't go to Wigan from the initial criteria for Reading.

And what criteria would you suggest
Im fed up of people saying what they wouldnt do but never saying what they would do
troobloo3339

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:30 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:I dont think people wait for the fixtures to be released before booking their holiday. Fans with kids have a 6 week block to go on holiday and the first game of the season is at the end of the first fortnight, so miss the minimum of number of fixtures.

Im fed up of people saying what they wouldnt do but never saying what they would do

Even fans who went to Wigan wont get tickets as allocation is smaller than away support at Wigan! Plus this is a one off situation due to reading being inconsiderate to us in telling us only 48hrs before due to get our allocation ? It's one game not end of the world as on sky... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby WelshBluebird » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:49 am

CF31 Company wrote:Just reading comments on various social media about city fans be moaning the fact they can't get tickets for Reading. And whilst I agree Reading should have given us more there is not much the club can do about this?
There was a lot of people apparantly on holiday for the Wigan game. I wonder if they would have been on holiday if we were playing Chelsea away in the PL? Also there is a lot of suggestions that people who went to Wigan dont deserve tickets? Really? What I would have done would have given priorty to the people who went to Reading in Dec 17 2nd in the leauge it was minus 6 Lee Tomlin late equaliser not too many glory hunters there for that one if I remember correctly? Any way it's great to see following city is so much in demand and long may it continue

1 - If we had been playing Chelsea away in the PL then it would have been the week after so no, those people probably wouldn't have been on holiday.

2 - I don't think anyone is saying those who went to Wigan don't deserve tickets. But what people are saying is that those who went to 16+ away games last year probably deserve a ticket more than someone who does just a few a year and it just so happened that Wigan was one of those for them this time around.

3 - Glory hunters - for wanting to go to Reading away? Seriously?
WelshBluebird

Postby Gaynor Straight » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

It was a bit of a perfect storm due to Wigan being a free-for-all because their away end is so big, and due to the lateness of the Reading tickets being available.

There wasn't enough time for the club to run too many different criteria, but basing it on Wigan alone was crazy.

Without knowing exact numbers for last season, I would have ignored the wigan tickets and based criteria on last season. For example 6 aways for the 1st, 5 for the 2nd and any left on general sale (probably none).
The club just acted too quickly cos they had to but got it wrong.

In case you're wondering I didn't go to Wigan and did 4 aways last season, but am not too bothered about Reading.
Gaynor Straight

Postby Jones_1994 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Basing it on Wigan alone is unfair really, so I do understand the frustration from alot of fans.
I missed the Wigan game as I was in Spain but went to 14 Aways last season and 12 the season before and couldn't get a ticket for Reading, just because somebody went to the first game of this season :banghead: doesn't make sense really !
Hope its more organised for the Blackburn game ! :bluescarf:
Jones_1994

Postby Cinderford_Davies_Blue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Jones_1994 wrote:Basing it on Wigan alone is unfair really, so I do understand the frustration from alot of fans.
I missed the Wigan game as I was in Spain but went to 14 Aways last season and 12 the season before and couldn't get a ticket for Reading, just because somebody went to the first game of this season :banghead: doesn't make sense really !
Hope its more organised for the Blackburn game ! :bluescarf:

Doesnt need to be organised no where near a sell out be lucky to sell out 2,000
Cinderford_Davies_Blue

Postby Mr Shed » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Couldn't get a ticket for Bournemouth (1st game last season) because i missed out on the criteria by 1 game! Gutted as i was, i accepted it like a grown up. That was until i saw away day posts on social media from people who had not been to any home games for years let alone away games! Some of these loyal 8+ aways the season before, got their tickets and sold them on to their mates or at the local club. That really p**$3d me off.
Our away attendance grew a hell of a lot last year due to the prem factor so no i dont believe away attendance last year is a true reflection.
The long trip to Wigan in the championship where there was a massive allocation not sold out i believe deserves to be rewarded more than a premier league season.
Yes there was other options i suppose like:
Away attendance the season before.
Those who went to Newcastle, Huddersfield, or Burnley get priority.
Hull away ticket stub!
There will always be people put out but a criteria had to be set in as fair a way as possible.

No worries tho, its only one game and plenty more to go. Blackburn away will be a huge allocation as well as Boro, Preston, Leeds, and Hull again!
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Couldn't get a ticket for Bournemouth (1st game last season) because i missed out on the criteria by 1 game! Gutted as i was, i accepted it like a grown up. That was until i saw away day posts on social media from people who had not been to any home games for years let alone away games! Some of these loyal 8+ aways the season before, got their tickets and sold them on to their mates or at the local club. That really p**$3d me off.
Our away attendance grew a hell of a lot last year due to the prem factor so no i dont believe away attendance last year is a true reflection.
The long trip to Wigan in the championship where there was a massive allocation not sold out i believe deserves to be rewarded more than a premier league season.
Yes there was other options i suppose like:
Away attendance the season before.
Those who went to Newcastle, Huddersfield, or Burnley get priority.
Hull away ticket stub!
There will always be people put out but a criteria had to be set in as fair a way as possible.

No worries tho, its only one game and plenty more to go. Blackburn away will be a huge allocation as well as Boro, Preston, Leeds, and Hull again!

Very true its one game and wont please everyone whatever was done? the blame lays squarely with reading no one else...
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat