A forum for all things Cardiff City

How the players who left Cardiff C this summer have fared

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 am

' How the players who left Cardiff City this summer have fared '

By Tom Coleman

Tuesday 13th August 2019

Kenneth Zohore receives fierce criticism from West Brom fans

KENNETH ZOHORE

The Dane was arguably one of the more high-profile departures from the Cardiff City Stadium this summer following his £8m move to West Brom, but he's endured a difficult start to life with his new club.

After drawing a blank in his debut against Nottingham Forest, Zohore was handed another start in the 1-1 draw with Millwall at the weekend, but was once again unable to find the net, missing a gilt-edged opportunity to give his side all three points in the process - his only shot on target.

The stats weren't kind. Zohore made just nine passes and won just one out of four aerial duels.

It's always harsh to judge a player on two games, but judging by the reaction of Baggies fans on social media, he already has plenty of work to do if he wants to win them over.

One supporter even tweeted: "Once Charlie Austin is fit, I never wanna see Zohore in the squad again."

Ouch.

BRUNO MANGA

Manga was seen by many Cardiff fans as the best centre-back in the squad and one of the few players of genuine Premier League quality.

However, like Zohore, the 31-year-old hasn't had the best of starts to life away from the Welsh capital.

Manga attracted criticism following his first game for French side Dijion, who went down 2-1 at home to Saint-Etienne on the opening day of the Ligue 1 season.

The Gabonese star was guilty of giving the ball away for Saint-Etienne's first goal after just five minutes, and was beaten in the air for the second goal six minutes later.

However, coach Stephane Jobard is confident Manga will come good again, insisting: "We have to give Bruno some time."

Kadeem Harris celebrates his goal (Image: Get Reading)
KADEEM HARRIS

The winger was perhaps a little unlucky not be offered a new deal with the Bluebirds, but given the level of competition in the wide areas, it wasn't the biggest surprise.

The wideman has enjoyed a strong start at new club Sheffield Wednesday, following up on string of strong pre-season performances by netting on his debut against Reading on the opening day, before impressing again in the win over Barnsley over the weekend.

Harris has been hailed as potentially being Wednesday's 'missing link' by the local press, such has been the quality of this performances, and he could well have a big impact on the Owls' season.

ARON GUNNARSSON

Another big name to leave on a free, the Iceland captain and huge fans' favourite has been a part of Al Arabi's pre-season schedule this summer, which has included defeats to Toulouse, Palamos and Intercity.

The midfielder is expected to play a big part in the upcoming Qatar Stars League season, which begins on August 23, with Al Arabi taking on Al Ahli.

STUART O'KEEFE

Another midfielder to leave on a free, O'Keefe is currently plying his trade with League One Gillingham, and was seen by many of the locals as club's potential star man.

However, it's been a rather understated start.

After playing the full 90 minutes in the 1-1 draw with Doncaster, O'Keefe didn't have the best of games in the 2-1 defeat at home to Burton Albion on Saturday, giving away a penalty that was, fortunately for him, saved by goalkeeper Jack Bonham.

Seems the jury is still out on this one.

RHYS HEALEY

The striker's return to MK Dons has gone down very well with fans.

A late appearance off the bench was followed by a last-minute winner in a narrow win over Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, and many will be expecting a few more from the 24-year-old over the coming campaign.

LOIC DAMOUR

The Frenchman played 73 minutes for Hearts at the weekend, after signing on a four-year deal on deadline.

An encouraging performance was arguably one of the few bright spots for Craig Levein's side during what was a largely drab goalless draw with Ross County.

GREG CUNNINGHAM

The Cardiff loanee watched on from the stands as Blackburn Rovers went down 2-0 at Fulham.

BOBBY REID

Arguably the most high-profile departure on deadline day, Reid was also in attendance at Craven Cottage, coming off the bench for his debut after 62 minutes.

It proved a lively cameo, and Cottagers boss Scott Parker will hope there's more to come from the summer signing, who later took to Instagram to thank fans for their welcome.
Attachments
0_JS189329966.jpg
0_JS189329966.jpg (50.43 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

How the players who left Cardiff C this summer have fared

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: How the players who left Cardiff C this summer have fare

Postby Bluebird1990 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:20 am

Was really gutted about Harris, i thought he was a good player and had something to offer, he just needed a consistent run of games to really show what he's capable of.
Bluebird1990

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Saw Ken's miss for WBA on Sky catch up what a shocker! :oops:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Clusterman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:Was really gutted about Harris, i thought he was a good player and had something to offer, he just needed a consistent run of games to really show what he's capable of.

I take your point but it's interesting that 5 managers (MM, OGS, RS, PT, NW) hardly ever seemed to pick him regularly.
There must have been good reason for that.
Clusterman

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Clusterman wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:Was really gutted about Harris, i thought he was a good player and had something to offer, he just needed a consistent run of games to really show what he's capable of.

I take your point but it's interesting that 5 managers (MM, OGS, RS, PT, NW) hardly ever seemed to pick him regularly.
There must have been good reason for that.

My thoughts as well.
When he played he never showed he was good enough for a run of games.
Happy he’s gone and good luck to him.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat