Family stand

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Family stand

Postby Barrettlegend » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:17 pm

I'm a season ticket holder in there and never have I seen an atmosphere like that at the end awsome hope u could hear us in the canton
Barrettlegend

Family stand

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Family stand

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:04 am

Barrettlegend wrote:I'm a season ticket holder in there and never have I seen an atmosphere like that at the end awsome hope u could hear us in the canton

Good effort considering it looked half empty
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby RV Casual » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:56 am

I know I could just ring up and ask but if anybody does know what is the situation with it, can you get tickets in there on a match by match basis or is 'sold out', I know there's often been some confusion as you can't buy on e:ticketing but I'm guessing that's just to stop non families buying?
RV Casual

Postby bluebird1972 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:03 am

[quote="Barrettlegend"]I'm a season ticket holder in there and never have I seen an atmosphere like that at the end awsome hope u could hear us in the canton[/quote

Really as it looked dead ?
bluebird1972

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 am

Could see them singing(if that makes sense), but cant hear a lot from the Grange whilst in the Canton.. heard Luton singing we were shite, but that didn't last very long..

Bob-Bank, give us a song..
rumpo kid

Postby Sven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:25 pm

From where I was sat in the Ninian, apart from a few minutes around the first City goal, the whole ground sounded flat until the Luton goal and into added time

I'm sure there are 'pockets' of resistance (the ground doesn't seem to carry) but it's been a trend at the ground for some time now and only Vince's drum really tried to ramp up the volume

Luton fans? Loud because they were allowed to be but their one song "Sheep Shaggers" was pretty unoriginal and didn't really cut the mustard! :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Barrettlegend wrote:I'm a season ticket holder in there and never have I seen an atmosphere like that at the end awsome hope u could hear us in the canton

I’m in the Ninian and heard nothing from the Family Stand.
Always looks half empty and dead to me if I’m honest.

I thought Luton were quite loud but the ‘sheepshagger’ songs just played into our hands because we love it!
:laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Barrettlegend » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Well I thought it was the loadest it's been in there for a long time maybe because we have moved seats and we are right next to the away fans maybe
Barrettlegend

Postby Barrettlegend » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:15 pm

We will carry on with as much noise as we can anyway lads keep it going hopefully with there being loads of families in there it is hard but we trying lol
Barrettlegend

Postby Blueboys1927 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am

Sitting in the family stand, Couldn't hear the Ninian Stand at all, seems like that part of the ground has given up.
Loudest in the ground were the Luton fans. Could hear the Canton every now and again but not all that loud. The away fans should be up in the right hand corner of the red seats away from the home fans altogether, they are able to make to much noise where they are today. Also its a joke putting them next to the families as all they do is scream obscenities at kids for 90 minutes :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby Mulberry » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:12 am

One of the reasons I chose the Canton for me and the lad when the red seats closed down... I'd rather he had decent songs and proper atmosphere. We tried the family stand early in his City life and it lacked atmosphere, then we tried the Canton and he lapped it up.

We were offered a direct 'drop' from the red seats into the 'best seats' in the stadium when they closed it... no mention of a price hold despite the potential huge price increase going forward compared to our old seats so the front of the Canton and ponchos during wet games it is!!
Mulberry

Return to General Chat