Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The queues for a pint on Saturday were diabolical w,e just g

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:18 am

The queues for a pint on Saturday were diabolical w,e just gave up after 15 minutes. Only CCFC could introduce a cashless system that takes much longer

Re: The queues for a pint on Saturday were diabolical w,e ju

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:24 am

grange_end1927 wrote:The queues for a pint on Saturday were diabolical w,e just gave up after 15 minutes. Only CCFC could introduce a cashless system that takes much longer

Thats not bad apparently level 4 had no draught bitter? And was same for nice game it was due to new suppliers was told at that game but taking forever to get it right! As for ques think you find its because of having new staff and not knowing the system used saw this Saturday ... :old:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 am

So has the Compass deal finally finished and City will make all the money from kiosks and bars ? :occasion5:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:10 am

billy ronson wrote:So has the Compass deal finally finished and City will make all the money from kiosks and bars ? :occasion5:

Sure it is in house now! and think thats part of the problem getting new suppliers and staff it was obvious on sat staff unsure how things worked ect but hopefully get better as season progresses.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 am

pembroke allan wrote:
billy ronson wrote:So has the Compass deal finally finished and City will make all the money from kiosks and bars ? :occasion5:

Sure it is in house now! and think thats part of the problem getting new suppliers and staff it was obvious on sat staff unsure how things worked ect but hopefully get better as season progresses.

Bit of a price hike though - Strongbow up from £4.20 (I think it was) to £4.85 :o - same with the wine :cry:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:31 am

pembroke allan wrote:

No, it is still with Compass. I was talking to the woman in charge on Level 4 before the Nice game.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:36 am

It's all a con. The club ripping off fans. Horrible to see modern football like this.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am

Won't pay the prices in the stadium for beer comple rip off.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:53 am

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:Won't pay the prices in the stadium for beer comple rip off.

Lots do though, so they will carry on.

I was at the T20 on Sunday. Bloke in front of me came back from the bar with pints for him and his 4 mates that cost over £25 for the round (they'd all bought a round) . He came back with his drinks complaining about the price of the food saying he wasn't paying £6 for a hot dog or pasty. The irony was lost on him.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Having sampled the beer there, I'm surprised the queue was not in the opposite direction.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm

I paid £4.75 for a pissy pint of fosters under the Canton and that will be my last pint in the ground this season. The queue looked so long at half time I didn't bother.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 pm

I said it at the time that there is no way it will speed things up, make things easier for the club in terms of no cash etc to bank etc but in terms of speed of service for fans will make little difference and possibly make it even longer with people inserting cards waiting for it to connect entering pin etc then you got when people enter it wrong and start again and with the prices what they are contactless won't work for most.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 pm

They could also do with having free water machines when its hot, having to que for a bottle of water at nearly £2 is a rip off.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:20 pm

montyblue wrote:They could also do with having free water machines when its hot, having to que for a bottle of water at nearly £2 is a rip off.

When it was really hot last season they put free cups of cold water to collect near the tills....

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I just don’t understand why people pay these prices for the beer!
It tastes like piss.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:I said it at the time that there is no way it will speed things up, make things easier for the club in terms of no cash etc to bank etc but in terms of speed of service for fans will make little difference and possibly make it even longer with people inserting cards waiting for it to connect entering pin etc then you got when people enter it wrong and start again and with the prices what they are contactless won't work for most.

Why won’t contactless work for most??

I don’t see many people spending more then £30 at a time up there.

How did all those 1000’s of kids get through there first game anyway with out being able to buy a pack of haribo an a coke?

An who stands at a bar with the que not moving in a football stadium for 15 minutes when there’s about 10 more a short distance walk away.

There’s some shit that gets posted on this forum :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:I said it at the time that there is no way it will speed things up, make things easier for the club in terms of no cash etc to bank etc but in terms of speed of service for fans will make little difference and possibly make it even longer with people inserting cards waiting for it to connect entering pin etc then you got when people enter it wrong and start again and with the prices what they are contactless won't work for most.

How did all those 1000’s of kids get through there first game anyway with out being able to buy a pack of haribo an a coke?

An who stands at a bar with the que not moving in a football stadium for 15 minutes when there’s about 10 more a short distance walk away.

I'm sure it will be much quicker in time, it was obviously going to be a slow start.

Surely everyone has contact less now don't they?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Just one complete rip off - that's food and beverages. Best part of £5 for a grit and toe nail clippings pie, same for a high fat emulsified offal tube in a roll and same amount for a pint.
You pays your money and makes your choice but its bordering on daylight robbery to me.
City should incentivise fans to buy in-house rather than Greggs but they don't.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Just one complete rip off - that's food and beverages. Best part of £5 for a grit and toe nail clippings pie, same for a high fat emulsified offal tube in a roll and same amount for a pint.
You pays your money and makes your choice but its bordering on daylight robbery to me.

Maybe this is what the fan zone will be about.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

No, it is still with Compass. I was talking to the woman in charge on Level 4 before the Nice game.

?? Take word for it but sure was said on here it finished last season wasnt there a 10yr contract which must be up now as ground opened exactly 10yrs ago or is this season the last then?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Just one complete rip off - that's food and beverages. Best part of £5 for a grit and toe nail clippings pie, same for a high fat emulsified offal tube in a roll and same amount for a pint.

Would be amazed if the prices in the fan zone will be any less than in the ground.

Compass would surely have some sort of agreement preventing the club selling food and drink cheaper in the fan zone as obviously that would hit their custom quite hard.

Maybe Compass will be running the fan zone too?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:15 pm

davids wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Would be amazed if the prices in the fan zone will be any less than in the ground.

Compass would surely have some sort of agreement preventing the club selling food and drink cheaper in the fan zone as obviously that would hit their custom quite hard.

I'm not sure, I've seen little about it.

I thought maybe the Fan zone might have been a way around getting money from compass. Not sure tho.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 pm

I find it very strange the amount of people who can't go a couple of hours without having a pint! :o

I understand that having a pint is a big part of the football experience for many people but you can get better and cheaper beer before and after the game in any number of pubs and clubs within walking distance of the ground.

Yet still at every home game the exodus starts around 35 minutes into the first half as hundreds of people head down to have an exceedingly expensive pint of average beer and watch the game on the televisions in the concourse.

Each to their own of course and if that's what you want to do then good for you but all I can say is that there must be an awfully lot of thirsty people who go to City games!

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
davids wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I thought maybe the Fan zone might have been a way around getting money from compass. Not sure tho.

You may well be right.

Hope Compass don't find out!

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 pm

davids wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
davids wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

You may well be right.

Hope Compass don't find out!

:lol: I don't think it's a case of them not finding out but maybe they only have the contract for inside the stadium. Maybe a contract loophole.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Compass had a ten year deal when ground opened worth £48m so contract ends next July if club doesn't renue it? Compass Group has won a £48m turnover deal to cater at the new Cardiff City Stadium, which will be home to Cardiff City FC and Cardiff Blues rugby club.

The ten-year deal, first revealed last December on Kitchen Rat, will see Compass operate all match day and non-match day catering and events at the stadium when it opens in July 2009.
The scope of the contract includes food and beverages for 150 metres of public kiosks, 14 private hospitality boxes, two restaurants, a banqueting suite and a chairman’s lounge. :o

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Because most people buying beer with their mates are in rounds and it doesn't take a lot to go over thirty quid.

You're a chopsy little fucker ain't you.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I just don’t understand why people pay these prices for the beer!
It tastes like piss.

I think they're simply recycling the piss they're taking out of the buying supporters! ;) :laughing6:

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:46 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Because most people buying beer with their mates are in rounds and it doesn't take a lot to go over thirty quid.

You're a chopsy little fucker ain't you.

Well it does it’s about a £5 a pint you’d have to be in a round of seven people to not be able to use a card.

It would take longer picking up seven pints then it would take to use a chip and pin.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:07 pm

davids wrote:I find it very strange the amount of people who can't go a couple of hours without having a pint! :o

I understand that having a pint is a big part of the football experience for many people but you can get better and cheaper beer before and after the game in any number of pubs and clubs within walking distance of the ground.

Yet still at every home game the exodus starts around 35 minutes into the first half as hundreds of people head down to have an exceedingly expensive pint of average beer and watch the game on the televisions in the concourse.

Each to their own of course and if that's what you want to do then good for you but all I can say is that there must be an awfully lot of thirsty people who go to City games!

Totally with you on this. I like a drink but can do without it at the match. Nothing more satisfying than that first pint-in a glass- in the pub after the game chatting about the match.