The queues for a pint on Saturday were diabolical w,e just g

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The queues for a pint on Saturday were diabolical w,e ju

Postby Deep Blue FC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Just get your food and pop/water/coffee before the game starts, that way there's no queue and you can enjoy the game without being shit faced :occasion5: :thumbright:

I always get an extra bottle of water ready for the second half, personally.
Deep Blue FC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby banana bob » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Queue on Saturday on level 4 was twice as long even though there was less in there compared to last season. Was told they didn't deal in cash at the food kiosk so there's a loss of sale for them over the next 23 games. Great business, not.
banana bob

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 pm

banana bob wrote:Queue on Saturday on level 4 was twice as long even though there was less in there compared to last season. Was told they didn't deal in cash at the food kiosk so there's a loss of sale for them over the next 23 games. Great business, not.

People will catch up and take a card with them? Only saw one person who didnt have a card and a friend payed ... the ques were due to new staff rather than the no cash bit. What's more concerning is they couldn't organise putting draught bitter in bar even though knew didnt have it for nice game ! :o
pembroke allan

Postby Deep Blue FC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 pm

For an actual real solution though, why don’t they have vending machines with just water/pop/chocolate etc Surely that will save a bit of queuing? Especially for me who only really gets pop/water.

Hell, why not even do coffee machines and they can have Bovrils in there too. Just a thought.
Deep Blue FC

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:36 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:For an actual real solution though, why don’t they have vending machines with just water/pop/chocolate etc Surely that will save a bit of queuing? Especially for me who only really gets pop/water.

Hell, why not even do coffee machines and they can have Bovrils in there too. Just a thought.

Not bad idea but problem is at halftime que for machine be as long as for counter service but a water machine would be great!
pembroke allan

Postby CF31 Company » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
davids wrote:I find it very strange the amount of people who can't go a couple of hours without having a pint! :o

I understand that having a pint is a big part of the football experience for many people but you can get better and cheaper beer before and after the game in any number of pubs and clubs within walking distance of the ground.

Yet still at every home game the exodus starts around 35 minutes into the first half as hundreds of people head down to have an exceedingly expensive pint of average beer and watch the game on the televisions in the concourse.

Each to their own of course and if that's what you want to do then good for you but all I can say is that there must be an awfully lot of thirsty people who go to City games!

Totally with you on this. I like a drink but can do without it at the match. Nothing more satisfying than that first pint-in a glass- in the pub after the game chatting about the match.

I know plenty of fans that stick to their rotine of getting in as many beers as possible. They are allowed out for a certain amount of time on match day and will make sure thay have their quota. You could serve liquid pi55 at the stadium at £10 a pint and they would still drink it :lol: :occasion5:
CF31 Company

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Some might argue they already serve liquid piss but charge £5 for it!
Tuna Pasta Bake

Previous

Return to General Chat