Marlon Pack:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marlon Pack:

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 am

Marlon Pack: "It wasn't a bad start!"

CARDIFF CITY FC

Tuesday 13th August 2019

Following their 2-1 victory against Luton Town on Saturday, City midfielder Marlon Pack spoke about his first match as a Bluebird.

Pack made his debut for City less than two days after signing for the Bluebirds, playing the full 90 minutes against the Hatters for a fantastic first home outing at CCS.

MARLON PACK:

Reflecting on the match, Pack began: “With a late goal in the match there was probably no better way to get my first appearance for the club.

We created lots of chances throughout the game, so well done to the lads and I think that we got a well-deserved win.

The win makes my first match as a Bluebird a very good one. It’s been a whirlwind 48 hours, and I’m just pleased to be out there playing. Obviously, things will take time, but it wasn’t a bad start!”

Marlon continued by talking about settling in with his new teammates, including Aden Flint, who he had previously played alongside at Bristol City.

“The lads have been great at welcoming me to the club. Flinty’s been like my babysitter! Knowing someone at the club helps me to blend in but the lads have been great with the talking.

It felt easy playing with them, and when you build more relationships it will hopefully get even better.”

Looking ahead to City’s next fixture – a trip to the Madejski Stadium to face Reading on Sunday, August 18th - and beyond, the midfielder concluded:

“Everything in the Championship is tough, there are no easy games. I think if we continue to build on this then we’ll have a good chance.

I know it’s early on, but you want to keep a good run of results and that good form. Hopefully then we can continue it throughout the season.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Marlon Pack:

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Marlon Pack:

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:32 am

Saw his kids on Saturday along with his mrs nice family :bluescarf:
pembroke allan

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:54 am

Should settle in quickly because although it was a last minute thing he doesn't have to upsticks with his family and find a new home, school etc.
Sneggyblubird

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 am

Is he Bristol-based?
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:40 am

Meant to add I thought he was decent on Saturday
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby Alan_in_China » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Should settle in quickly because although it was a last minute thing he doesn't have to upsticks with his family and find a new home, school etc.

Yup, that can't be overstated. It's a huge bonus for him knowing his family don't have to up sticks. That's bound to give him peace of mind and help him settle in quicker than normal. It must be a horrible experience for players when they have to live out of a hotel while their family are somewhere else in the country.
Alan_in_China

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:48 pm

I would hardly call the experience "horrible"
nubbsy

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:04 pm

nubbsy wrote:I would hardly call the experience "horrible"

It is for some nubbs.I am currently reading a book covering such things.A lonely hotel room and loads of driving as well as only seeing your family now and again is often responsible for poor performances(think Flint suffered from this while at Boro).Less for a single guy I suppose but a bitch for a family man.
Sneggyblubird

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

It is for some nubbs.I am currently reading a book covering such things.A lonely hotel room and loads of driving as well as only seeing your family now and again is often responsible for poor performances(think Flint suffered from this while at Boro).Less for a single guy I suppose but a bitch for a family man.

Like said his kids and wife were at the game so hopefully nice and settled means good performances :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Bit of national service when they're young would soon change that perspective
nubbsy

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 am

And the price of loneliness, albeit temporarily, is about £20K a week..
rumpo kid

Postby thomasblue » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 pm

20k plus a week

Quality hotels, (I doubt they stay in a travelodge )

Top of the range motors to drive to see there family

Top of the range technology to keep them occupied

No financial worries

Must be awful, they should try working all week in dirty hazardous environments in the middle of nowhere at all times of day and night. Freezing your bollocks off at 3am on a january morning living off subways and nasty spar sausage rolls.
All for about 500quid a week
Then only seeing the kids and wife for a day before having to start it all again on the sunday

Must be a hard life being a footballer
thomasblue

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:40 pm

[quote="thomasblue"]20k plus a week

Quality hotels, (I doubt they stay in a travelodge )

Top of the range motors to drive to see there family

Top of the range technology to keep them occupied

No financial worries

Must be awful, they should try working all week in dirty hazardous environments in the middle of nowhere at all times of day and night. Freezing your bollocks off at 3am on a january morning living off subways and nasty spar sausage rolls.
All for about 500quid a week
Then only seeing the kids and wife for a day befr

Soldiers and other forces have to move around regular. Even if they don't want to. Going into harm's way leaving their loved ones behind.

He should be fine... :D :D
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:54 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Bit of national service when they're young would soon change that perspective

Have you done national service?
CCFCJosh75

Postby Whistler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 am

Some of the sarcastic comments on this are so wide of the mark. It doesn't matter how much money you earn whether as a footballer or a truck driver, if a person is away from their home environment with out family and friends around it is far from a happy environment. All human beings are social animals and we all function best both mentally and physically when with the people that are close to us are sharing our own environment.

It has been stated on many occasions that footballers and indeed all of us are much happier in life as a whole when their private life is in a positive place. :ayatollah:
Whistler

Return to General Chat