Which player do you root for most?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Deep Blue FC » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:03 am

I've always had a couple of players every season that I just really want to do well for one reason or another, most of the time I don't know why I want them in particular to do well but I just do. Since the last 5 years or so since our 2014 relegation I've rooted for Fabio, Bruno, Zohore, Mendez-Laing, Pilkington & even Greg Halford.
Just players that I would always want to start for some reason, even if they're probably not the best option or in form etc.

Just wondering if anyone has any player currently at the club that they root for and will probably fight their corner in debates even if they have an off game?

Currently I'm rooting for Vassell & Glatzel. Would love to see them both start somehow, but I don't see Vassell starting. Probably be used as an impact sub again.
Deep Blue FC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Which player do you root for most?

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 am

Deep Blue FC wrote:I've always had a couple of players every season that I just really want to do well for one reason or another, most of the time I don't know why I want them in particular to do well but I just do. Since the last 5 years or so since our 2014 relegation I've rooted for Fabio, Bruno, Zohore, Mendez-Laing, Pilkington & even Greg Halford.
Just players that I would always want to start for some reason, even if they're probably not the best option or in form etc.

Just wondering if anyone has any player currently at the club that they root for and will probably fight their corner in debates even if they have an off game?

Currently I'm rooting for Vassell & Glatzel. Would love to see them both start somehow, but I don't see Vassell starting. Probably be used as an impact sub again.

Always rooted for NML and Bennett and you can now add Glatzel to that list. Really hard to say why I’ve picked these but I think it’s because NML always gets me on the edge of my seat when he’s on the ball - like all players, he can be inconsistent and that’s perhaps why I’m rooting for him.
JB just seems a really nice guy from what I’ve heard. Not sure what sort of deal he’s on but he seems very loyal.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Joe Ralls and Lee Tomlin for me.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Fairblue27 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Not sure why but Lee Peltier for me.
A good solid pro who always does whatever job he's asked.
In the past I always wanted Whitts to do well and before that really liked Danny Hill.
The last two completely different style to Pelts, but guess it shows how inconsistent my choices are! :thumbup:
Fairblue27

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:Not sure why but Lee Peltier for me.
In the past I always wanted Whitts to do well and before that really liked Danny Hill.
The last two completely different style to Pelts, but guess it shows how inconsistent my choices are! :thumbup:

Whitts and Danny Hill were mine too.
Gary Croft and Craig Middleton were another 2.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby salopiancity » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:Not sure why but Lee Peltier for me.

I’m for Pelts as well. Many complain he doesn’t attack enough but he’s paid to defend first and foremost.
salopiancity

Postby gwentbluebirds » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:58 am

Tomlin I want to do well have a season where he produces that magic. Also pelts for same reasons mentioned above and ralls for being the 1 who has come through from young age and sometimes under rated.
Glatzel and vaulks the 2 new signings is like to see make an impact this year
gwentbluebirds

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:10 am

Have to say I really wanted Kenneth Zohore to come good but alas, it seems he was firing blanks most of the time!

Calum Paterson always gets my support; the guy puts a shift in and is ' :laughing6: City Bonkers'

Also root for Sol Bamba when available; I just like the guy and his commitment to the team! :clap:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Always love to see a striker scoring goals, some thing we've rarely had in recent years! We are due a goal hero!
nubbsy

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 pm

I tend to root for players that get stick and i can't understand why. Ralls from the current bunch and Morrison. To soke extend Bennett.
2blue2handle

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:56 am

2blue2handle wrote:I tend to root for players that get stick and i can't understand why. Ralls from the current bunch and Morrison. To soke extend Bennett.

Morrison (absolute beast), Ralls and Bennett for me as well, probably because they seem to be the most frequently used as scapegoats by our fan base.

If Morrison was lightening quick he wouldn’t be playing for us, Ralls does the basics better than anyone whilst still oozing quality and I’ve not seen a better LB wearing a Cardiff City shirt in my time supporting the Bluebirds since 1988.

I’m a naturally positive person, but was disappointed that the “Greg Halfords a football genius” chant didn’t take off.
103 Barmy Army

Postby mistaflux75 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:23 am

Glatzel and the new signings atm but going back in time I always wanted Jason fowler and josh low to do well, loved Kevin Bartlett to
mistaflux75

Postby RV Casual » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:27 am

Joe Bennett, as stated above he just seems like a genuine guy and a solid pro that gets on with things, was sad for him last season when he lost his dad.

Steve McPhail, Hudson another two from recent years, always back all players but suppose always root for any Welsh lads (few and far between though) but in general always go for the ones who show the most passion.
RV Casual

Postby Valley Lad » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 am

Super Kev for me 100%
Glazel I think will ne my current as always want our strikers to feel the love.
Valley Lad

Return to General Chat