We are top of the league

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: We are top of the league

Postby Northern Blue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:51 pm

Yes debt is sorted had a 30 million black hole to cover in the summer.

Sold James 15 rising to 18 Ollie 17 rising to 20 J. Ayew 2.5 Potter and backroom staff 3.

So close on 40 million in like I said a couple of months ago our plan is to do a Norwich.

Andre Ayew and Borja make up for the loss of Ollie and Dan.

0lussone very good loan signings we are strong contenders no doubt about that.
Northern Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bonner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:33 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Bonner wrote:You don’t own your ground
Any money you make the yanks will pocket.
Playoffs I predicted for you lot before start of season and think that’s where u will end up .

Why does this nonsense keep getting spouted on here? There are plenty of actual stuff to bring up if you feel inclined to, why you guys insist on focusing on mistruths I have no idea.

Owning a ground is not desirable, you are then liable for the depreciation of that stadium. The benefit of owning a stadium is for owners only, who can borrow against it - that is something we absolutely do not want to do. Revenue stream is the immediate benefit but you may have that without owning it by striking a deal with the owner, which we have done.

Yanks cannot pocket profits, it is illegal. They do not own the club, only a majority stake. Any money taken out has to be done via dividends which has to be put to a vote, if voted for then ALL shareholders get an equal proportion in accordance to their share stake. That includes the Supporters Trust.

Play-offs will be a very good achievement.

You lot keep telling yourselves that.. you are a Tin pot club.
Bonner

Postby Northern Blue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:00 pm

You have had 2 seasons in the top flight and both were embarrassing

We have had 9 won a major trophy and played the likes of Napoli and Valencia.

But wait for it you are our capital laughable fair play.
Northern Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Northern Blue wrote:You have had 2 seasons in the top flight and both were embarrassing

As been said before as far as your lot are concerned both clubs history only started when you entered premier league anything before that doesnt count? :laughing5:
And great cup win against a 3rd tier side we played two finals against premier league clubs and played arguably in the greatest efl final of all time against liverpool! (Pundits view ) :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Northern Blue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:35 pm

Nah we went from the 4th to the first 78 to 81 good days them as well.
Northern Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:09 pm

Northern Blue wrote:Nah we went from the 4th to the first 78 to 81 good days them as well.

Yes they were for you but as soon as anyone from cdf mention real madrid facup win and anything else it's irrelevant! But our euro adventures and there were lots came when we were a div 2 side a remarkable achievement in those days! No one is saying you haven't
achieved anything but it's not a 9yr history like your fans say just to try get one upmanship on what we've achieved previous to that. But
guess got to try something to look good? :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby JackSensealot » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Northern Blue wrote:You have had 2 seasons in the top flight and both were embarrassing

As been said before as far as your lot are concerned both clubs history only started when you entered premier league anything before that doesnt count? :laughing5:
And great cup win against a 3rd tier side we played two finals against premier league clubs and played arguably in the greatest efl final of all time against liverpool! (Pundits view ) :thumbup:

Allan you can’t compare cup runs.

We knocked out the then current European champions Chelsea over 2 legs without conceding a goal, after beating 6 times European champions Liverpool away.

Of course history counts before the PL, but the further back you go the less relevant it is, that’s just the way it is. Do you really think people see Bury as a big successful side because they won the FA Cup twice when men were still going to war on horseback? No.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear
JackSensealot

Postby deadmouse » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:27 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan you can’t compare cup runs.

We knocked out the then current European champions Chelsea over 2 legs without conceding a goal, after beating 6 times European champions Liverpool away.

Of course history counts before the PL, but the further back you go the less relevant it is, that’s just the way it is. Do you really think people see Bury as a big successful side because they won the FA Cup twice when men were still going to war on horseback? No.

obviously your now so superior you no longer give us a 2nd thought. :lol: :lol: :lol:
deep down you know full well that the 2 sided rivalry is temporary for us and permanent for you and it kills you..all of you.
deadmouse

Postby Igovernor » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Radyr Way Bluebird wrote:I watched the jacks on a stream today and they are way better than us! Some of our fans need to get their head out of Sir Neil's ass! We dont have the squad and dinosaur tactics dont help! I await the abuse lol.

Roathie piss off
Igovernor

Postby valleymodeller » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:56 pm

We have had 17 seasons in the top flight, Swansea 9 although apparently ours don't count because they were a long time ago. It took Swansea 80 years to get to the top flight what we did in 1 season when we joined the League.

We have been in 3 FA Cup Finals. Swansea none#.

We have been to one League Cup Final, Swansea won it once.

We have played in a European Semi Final

We won the Charity Shield.

We have been above Swansea for two thirds of our time in the League, them top for the other third. Mostly we have been in a higher division, sometimes we have been in the same division, mostly in the 80s and 90s.

We won the Welsh Cup 20 odd times, Swansea about 10.

We have pretty much always had higher attendances than Swansea, we have a bigger ground, and are a bigger City.

The greatest time in their history came from 2011-18, it took them 100 years or so do get there.

But they did produce the likes of Mel Charles, Terry Medwin, the Allchurch brothers Alan Curtis, Robbie James and others, 4 of those also played for us.
I don't envy them, I concede they are doing well, with a Ponty boy leading them. We are a few points behind them.
They have been above us for 7 of the last 8 seaons, before that we were above them for about 12 years so it's swings and roundabouts with us usually being on top for 2/3 the time.
valleymodeller

Postby Bluebina » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:05 pm

valleymodeller wrote:We have had 17 seasons in the top flight, Swansea 9 although apparently ours don't count because they were a long time ago. It took Swansea 80 years to get to the top flight what we did in 1 season when we joined the League.

We have been above Swansea for two thirds of our time in the League, them top for the other third. Mostly we have been in a higher division, sometimes we have been in the same division, mostly in the 80s and 90s.

We have pretty much always had higher attendances than Swansea, we have a bigger ground, and are a bigger City.

The greatest time in their history came from 2011-18, it took them 100 years or so do get there.

But they did produce the likes of Mel Charles, Terry Medwin, the Allchurch brothers Alan Curtis, Robbie James and others, 4 of those also played for us.
I don't envy them, I concede they are doing well, with a Ponty boy leading them. We are a few points behind them.
They have been above us for 7 of the last 8 seaons, before that we were above them for about 12 years so it's swings and roundabouts with us usually being on top for 2/3 the time.

:thumbup: Bigger, more successful club, what more is there to say?
Bluebina

Postby goats » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:04 pm

valleymodeller wrote:We have had 17 seasons in the top flight, Swansea 9 although apparently ours don't count because they were a long time ago. It took Swansea 80 years to get to the top flight what we did in 1 season when we joined the League.

Swansea as a place is dying on its knees compared to Cardiff also, it’s starting to remind me of Newport it’s looking so run down. All that will be left in the weird city centre soon is charity shops and betting shops, traffic cones and a set of the walking dead.....I love the way history of a club means nothing, we had some great results in the 60’s and 70’s....history is what makes a club.
goats

Postby darty1111 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:17 pm

you wont go up !!

you squad is thin a couple of injuries your fucked. just enjoy it while it last alot of luck is going your way at the moment and that wont last either

you jack prick
darty1111

Postby Northern Blue » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:20 pm

When you start off a post by going on about the shops it shows your argument is weak as piss.

9 seasons in the top flight I have seen 4th to 1st division PL twice plus a major trophy trips to Valencia and Napoli.

There is not a Cardiff fan alive that has witnessed sucsess like that.

You did do well in the 1920s though.
Northern Blue

Postby JackSensalot » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:44 pm

deadmouse wrote:

obviously your now so superior you no longer give us a 2nd thought. :lol: :lol: :lol:
deep down you know full well that the 2 sided rivalry is temporary for us and permanent for you and it kills you..all of you.

You sound like you are trying to convince yourself there.
JackSensalot

Postby JackSensalot » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 pm

goats wrote:
Swansea as a place is dying on its knees compared to Cardiff also, it’s starting to remind me of Newport it’s looking so run down. All that will be left in the weird city centre soon is charity shops and betting shops, traffic cones and a set of the walking dead.....I love the way history of a club means nothing, we had some great results in the 60’s and 70’s....history is what makes a club.

The discussion is talking about the football clubs. Football is a global game, not a local one.
JackSensalot

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:50 pm

Northern Blue wrote:When you start off a post by going on about the shops it shows your argument is weak as piss.

9 seasons in the top flight I have seen 4th to 1st division PL twice plus a major trophy trips to Valencia and Napoli.

There is not a Cardiff fan alive that has witnessed sucsess like that.

You did do well in the 1920s though.

As been said before you only recognise last 9 yes as history because before that you had sfa! Your such a tw*t to suggest our fans haven't seen such success? Start with cup winners cup semi final (hamburg) , beat real madrid, beat Moscow dynamo/torpedo and a fair few others who were big names in Europe at the time on all while a div 2 team! Is that success or because its us it wasnt success? while you beat a team that lost its 1st
12 games and were bottom of la lega while a premier league club! Our two cup finals were as a championship side while you beat a 3rd tier team ! I am alive and saw them all so your statement is crap. :laughing6: anyway that's end of my contribution to this thread as my
stalker spoutalot is sure to be around shortly
thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Northern Blue » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:01 pm

9 seasons in top flight not 9 years.

2 of them were in 1981 and 1982.
Northern Blue

Postby goats » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Northern Blue wrote:9 seasons in top flight not 9 years.

2 of them were in 1981 and 1982.

And went bust, might do again?
Weird how you are so keen to go back up? Last season loads of jacks were saying they dont miss the premier league, the constant struggle and journeymen just there for the cash, they much prefer the real ness of the championship. All change again now I guess? :lol: so many gloryhunters out west
goats

Postby JackSensalot » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:29 pm

goats wrote:
And went bust, might do again?
Weird how you are so keen to go back up? Last season loads of jacks were saying they dont miss the premier league, the constant struggle and journeymen just there for the cash, they much prefer the real ness of the championship. All change again now I guess? :lol: so many gloryhunters out west

I love it when Goats does his old ''Many jacks were saying...'' :laughing6:
JackSensalot

Postby JackSensalot » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:As been said before you only recognise last 9 yes as history because before that you had sfa! Your such a tw*t to suggest our fans haven't seen such success? Start with cup winners cup semi final (hamburg) , beat real madrid, beat Moscow dynamo/torpedo and a fair few others who were big names in Europe at the time on all while a div 2 team! Is that success or because its us it wasnt success? while you beat a team that lost its 1st
12 games and were bottom of la lega while a premier league club! Our two cup finals were as a championship side while you beat a 3rd tier team ! I am alive and saw them all so your statement is crap. :laughing6: anyway that's end of my contribution to this thread as my
stalker spoutalot is sure to be around shortly
thumbup:

Cup winners? Who the bloody hell is alive that saw that? they must be 100 years old?

You say about Real Madrid, but you lose the tie. It was also a very poor Real Madrid side, they didn't even finish in the top 3. The year before they finished 6th. We beat ACTUAL current European Champions over 2 legs.
JackSensalot

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:10 pm

Watch what you post in here Sven the Jack sympathiser will delete it and issue you with a warning.
Llan_Blue

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:26 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Watch what you post in here Sven the Jack sympathiser will delete it and issue you with a warning.

Jack symapthiser? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ths character you abused would love that! :clap: :lol:

Seeing as you've gone public, you had a 'warning' (your second) for what you said and who you said it to had NO bearing on the matter

That's where the likes of you get me wrong; it's not about personalities, it's about common decency on this Forum and you clearly don't have more than a modicum of it!

I'll leave the post up, though; the people who actually know me will have a good laugh (at your expense) ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby deadmouse » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:49 pm

Sven wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Watch what you post in here Sven the Jack sympathiser will delete it and issue you with a warning.

Seeing as you've gone public, you had a 'warning' (your second) for what you said and who you said it to had NO bearing on the matter

That's where the likes of you get me wrong; it's not about personalities, it's about common decency on this Forum and you clearly don't have more than a modicum of it!

I'll leave the post up, though; the people who actually know me will have a good laugh (at your expense) ;) :ayatollah:

I don't think your a jack sympathiser
but there are too many of these jacks on here mate...or maybe just the one im not sure ?..and although he might not be abusive he is on a wind.. and its our fans he is winding up..
deadmouse

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:18 pm

deadmouse wrote:
Sven wrote:

I don't think your a jack sympathiser but there are too many of these jacks on here mate...or maybe just the one im not sure ?..and although he might not be abusive he is on a wind.. and its our fans he is winding up..

I agree with you to an extent but there are some decent 'Jack' posters on here from time to time and it is to be welcomed where they contribute something decent to the Forum. Inter-club debate (not just from Swansea) in itself is good :thumbright:

But as you say, there are some like the one above who are here for their own weird self-pleasure (a bit like having a 'tug' in public ;) :lol: ) and those who only ever appear when they have something to boast about

I wouldn't be too fooled by the rhetoric of the one above, as he isn't who he seems to be and is almost certainly more anti-Cardiff City FC than he is a Swan supporter :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby NikeSwan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:00 am

Sven wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
Sven wrote:

I don't think your a jack sympathiser but there are too many of these jacks on here mate...or maybe just the one im not sure ?..and although he might not be abusive he is on a wind.. and its our fans he is winding up..

I agree with you to an extent but there are some decent 'Jack' posters on here from time to time and it is to be welcomed where they contribute something decent to the Forum. Inter-club debate (not just from Swansea) in itself is good :thumbright:

But as you say, there are some like the one above who are here for their own weird self-pleasure (a bit like having a 'tug' in public ;) :lol: ) and those who only ever appear when they have something to boast about

I wouldn't be too fooled by the rhetoric of the one above, as he isn't who he seems to be and is almost certainly more anti-Cardiff City FC than he is a Swan supporter :oops:

I am afraid that seems to be your issue Svenny.

Because Annis has decided to let you help out the site for free by giving you modding privileges, you seem to view that as an opportunity to impose your own vendettas and powers of deduction on the forum to further your own personal agenda.

The main problem with that of course is that your powers of deduction amount to about the same as your debating ability - non existent (without relying the ability to mute the reply). This often leads to decent threads being ruined as you look for any opportunity to cause conflict to then back your own incorrect assertions. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy manufactured by yourself.

I would liken it to having a dislike for a certain dog at Crufts due to its superior nature and understanding that the competition it presents is just too strong. To combat this, you make up a story that the dog is dangerous and violent in a desperate bid to get it disqualified, even though this is against all outward signs of the nature of said dog.

You then take it upon yourself to prove it. You shove your hand in its mouth and kick it in the hope it reacts as you intend. When it still doesn’t bite you open it’s mouth and graze your finger on its teeth and cowardly cry foul to anybody who will listen. Man up.

Pressing the ban button because I don’t rise to your loaded bait and the fact you frustratedly can’t get one over on me changes nothing. You don’t fool me, and that kills you. :D
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.
NikeSwan

Postby Sven » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:50 am

NikeSwan wrote:
Sven wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
Sven wrote:

I am afraid that seems to be your issue Svenny.

Because Annis has decided to let you help out the site for free by giving you modding privileges, you seem to view that as an opportunity to impose your own vendettas and powers of deduction on the forum to further your own personal agenda.

The main problem with that of course is that your powers of deduction amount to about the same as your debating ability - non existent (without relying the ability to mute the reply). This often leads to decent threads being ruined as you look for any opportunity to cause conflict to then back your own incorrect assertions. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy manufactured by yourself.

I would liken it to having a dislike for a certain dog at Crufts due to its superior nature and understanding that the competition it presents is just too strong. To combat this, you make up a story that the dog is dangerous and violent in a desperate bid to get it disqualified, even though this is against all outward signs of the nature of said dog.

You then take it upon yourself to prove it. You shove your hand in its mouth and kick it in the hope it reacts as you intend. When it still doesn’t bite you open it’s mouth and graze your finger on its teeth and cowardly cry foul to anybody who will listen. Man up.

Pressing the ban button because I don’t rise to your loaded bait and the fact you frustratedly can’t get one over on me changes nothing. You don’t fool me, and that kills you. :D

Priceless! :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems to 'kill' you (hence the number of multi's you have) that's the difference between us, fella; I'm not trying to get one over on anyone and I certainly don't get frustrated over some absolutely bitter obsessive who can't take a hint

Self-gratification, goading and providing 'hits' are not singular reasons to be here; particularly as you stop as many (if not more) than you provide

And if you genuinely think it's just me that presses said button, you clearly don't understand what is going on here!

The general membership have had enough of you and it's not just me who has said enough is enough; ask around ;)
Sven

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:05 am

Sven wrote:

Nobody cares about what you or your mates laugh at
Llan_Blue

Postby BackToTheFuture » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:08 am

Sven wrote:
Priceless! :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems to 'kill' you (hence the number of multi's you have) that's the difference between us, fella; I'm not trying to get one over on anyone and I certainly don't get frustrated over some absolutely bitter obsessive who can't take a hint

Self-gratification, goading and providing 'hits' are not singular reasons to be here; particularly as you stop as many (if not more) than you provide

And if you genuinely think it's just me that presses said button, you clearly don't understand what is going on here!

The general membership have had enough of you and it's not just me who has said enough is enough; ask around ;)

It is priceless, because what I typed is absolutely spot on, as you well know. A bit disingenuous to say I have “so many multis” :lol:

I make a username every time you get frustrated and press the van button, or indeed kick up so much of a fuss that people give in to you. Who actually does it is irrelevant. It also doesn’t matter if you feel the need to silence my opinions, doesn’t look like it stops me airing them, does it? It just shows you up for being a coward.

Every single one of my posts is football related and are always well presented and well thought out. This winds you up no end which is why you are forced to ban me. The fact I can articulate my posts and not rise to the bait you and others constantly throw out in order to create conflict and then present a case to get rid of your “foe” is telling, and your actions are like clockwork.

Of course people don’t like being corrected when they lie about Swansea, of course people don’t like posts based on fact. Hardly grounds for trying to silence them though. Here’s a novel thought, of my posts are not accurate then grow some balls and reply like a man. Although to reply like a man I guess you have to be one... it’s clear my presence here and my ability to be able to dismantle your posts intended to mislead is extremely dangerous to the persona you build for yourself on here.

I ain’t going anywhere, regardless of how many times you panic and silence views you cannot handle. Unlucky. :thumbup:
BackToTheFuture

Postby BackToTheFuture » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:09 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Nobody cares about what you or your mates laugh at

:laughing6: I stopped reading when he claimed to have mates. Can you imagine them having a debate in a pub and someone presents a point a bit too well that he doesn’t like. He would tell the landlord they are a violent threat then pretend he has hit him in order to get him evicted :D
BackToTheFuture

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat