Why have we stopped pulling in the same direction?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why have we stopped pulling in the same direction?

Postby BackToTheFuture » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Another thread ruined by Roathie. Running out of thread to look at now as I wont get involved with ones he is ruining.

This board is almost becoming useless to me and others now with the roathie show. Why ban one name and not another. God forbid im going to have to look on the other board which is no doubt even worse :lol:

Do you mean me?

You are saying I am ruining them simply by posting an on topic opinion? I think you are being a bit silly there.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.
BackToTheFuture

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Escott1927 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm

BackToTheFuture wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Or maybe it is because he is one of the most successful managers at getting teams promoted. Or maybe its because he got an average Cardiff side promoted on a low budget last time. Tan didn't give Warnock a lot of money to spend in the premier league so he was never going to get it this year. But don't let those simple facts cloud your impartial judgement on the club though.

I have always praised Warnock and openly said his record is fantastic. But I have also said that the lack of succession plan meant that this year will be an odd one, the club is almost in limbo in between plans. It will be looked upon as a wasted year when a clean break and the best opportunity to build a fresh was available. The Championship used to reward physicality, it doesn't anymore, its a very technical league and Warnock's tactics are outdated. It was poor foresight from the club in my opinion.

It will be looked upon as a wasted year if we fall short of the top 6, maybe. But we are 6 games in. I am pretty sure people said the same the season we were promoted, that it was only a matter of time before Warnocks 'bully' tactics wouldn't work and we would drift away. That year turned out ok for us. It might work out and the club will be praised for sticking with Warnock or it wont and some people will criticise the club. That's what happens when you stick or twist with a manager.

Besides that, you have no idea what succession plan the club has in place. So once again your bullet proof opinion is pretty meaningless. You do realise how much of a dick you sound when you say stuff like this don't you?
Escott1927

Postby BackToTheFuture » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Escott1927 wrote:It will be looked upon as a wasted year if we fall short of the top 6, maybe. But we are 6 games in. I am pretty sure people said the same the season we were promoted, that it was only a matter of time before Warnocks 'bully' tactics wouldn't work and we would drift away. That year turned out ok for us. It might work out and the club will be praised for sticking with Warnock or it wont and some people will criticise the club. That's what happens when you stick or twist with a manager.

Besides that, you have no idea what succession plan the club has in place. So once again your bullet proof opinion is pretty meaningless. You do realise how much of a dick you sound when you say stuff like this don't you?

If they did say that back then, then they were silly. The Championship was poor technically and and those that were the more physical tended to succeed. If Warnock was not retiring next year regardless then I would agree with you to a certain extent regarding sticking or twisting, but he is.

I am unsure what you mean by “what the succession plan is”. There clearly isn’t one, that’s the point. Unless you are also suggesting that Warnock is getting his players signed for him from the next manager who has already agreed to take over. Very far fetched and no evidence to suggest this is the case, so in scenarios like this then the obvious common sense opinion will always be the more valuable (or bulletproof if you like).

You can call me all the names under the sun, it really does nothing. But regardless I have an uncanny knack of being spot on - hence why people get annoyed with me. :thumbup:
BackToTheFuture

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Another thread ruined by Roathie. Running out of thread to look at now as I wont get involved with ones he is ruining.

This board is almost becoming useless to me and others now with the roathie show. Why ban one name and not another. God forbid im going to have to look on the other board which is no doubt even worse :lol:

Yep, agree with you mate. This board is gone. Everything that mug touches turns to shit.
rumpo kid

Postby RV Casual » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:51 pm

BackToTheFuture wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
:laughing5: How do you know there is no succession plan in place then?

Sol Bamba could be involved in all signings and being lined up for the role or there could be someone in the shaddows that is being lined up to come in next August that is involved, it could be Blackwell, Jepson, Rowbery or even Bellamy who may have been told to 'disappear' for a bit, get some more experience and come back next summer. The point is I don't know and NEITHER DO YOU so please stop stating things you know NOTHING about like they are fact.

As for us struggling against technical sides, is this another joke? We have only played 6 games ffs and we drew with Fulham who are arguably the most technical side in the division, beat Huddersfield who are not exactly re-nowned for playing 'Hoofball' as you like to call it.

Who are these 'technical sides' that we are finding out we just can't compete with then :laughing5: , don't bother because aside from one bad day at the office against Reading (it happens to all sided) we are doing just fine :thumbup:

I would worry about your own tin pot side and pray to god you keep up you're early form or you are going to look very very silly.

Because common sense tells us there isn’t one. The next manager may not want this squad of players he is assembling, certainly not if he will need to change the style - as is likely. I think it is far fetched to think that Craig Bellamy is signing the players for Warnock to manage... don’t you?

No it isn’t a joke. You are quite clearly struggling against sides that play good attacking possession football, that style has always struggled against it. This is why the continental sides used to dominate European football. It’s only now since Man City and Liverpool have got continental managers and have adopted a technical base to their game do England now dominate European football. Technical play trumps long ball physicality over the long term every time. Football is moving on and the overspill from PL squads (minimum sized squads to be named) mean that the Championship is becoming incredibly strong.

We had Tammy Abraham playing in it last year and we have £30m+ worth of strikers just as our front 2. It’s a standard rarely seen previously and one that Warnock-ball for want of a better phrase just won’t compare to.

I have no worries about my “tin pot” side. We are doing the right things, employing the right people and seem to have a decent long term plan in place regardless of short term results.

Yes you are correct RV, I don't know the plans of the Cardiff City hierarchy anymore than you do would have sufficed, but thank you anyway for that 'long winded' claptrap.

Oh and nice dodge by the way, that's right, you can't name these 'technical sides' we are struggling to compete with can you, A.) because we are only 6 games into the season, and B.) because the only side we have failed to compete with this season has been Reading.

In the other 5 games we have won 2, drawn 2, and narrowly lost the other whilst more than holding our own :thumbup:

Adios Jack, I'm off to enjoy my weekend with friends now, the floor is yours's to continue telling everyone how you are right and the world is wrong :laughing5:

ATB.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:55 pm

rumpo kid wrote:

Yep, agree with you mate. This board is gone. Everything that mug touches turns to shit.

False economy by the board owners unfortunately lads

Seems to be a consensus that the threads the Jack in on gets the most hits, might be true in the short term as the Jack continualy responds on them untill he gets the last word therefore pushing said threads to the top of the board and naturally getting more views, however, the upturn in that is that more and more good decent Cardiff posters are getting fed up and leaving in droves which will eventually leave the board on its knees.

Sad really.

:bluescarf:
RV Casual

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Yep, thought so. I’m off.
rumpo kid

Postby Escott1927 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:35 pm

BackToTheFuture wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:It will be looked upon as a wasted year if we fall short of the top 6, maybe. But we are 6 games in. I am pretty sure people said the same the season we were promoted, that it was only a matter of time before Warnocks 'bully' tactics wouldn't work and we would drift away. That year turned out ok for us. It might work out and the club will be praised for sticking with Warnock or it wont and some people will criticise the club. That's what happens when you stick or twist with a manager.

If they did say that back then, then they were silly. The Championship was poor technically and and those that were the more physical tended to succeed. If Warnock was not retiring next year regardless then I would agree with you to a certain extent regarding sticking or twisting, but he is.

I am unsure what you mean by “what the succession plan is”. There clearly isn’t one, that’s the point. Unless you are also suggesting that Warnock is getting his players signed for him from the next manager who has already agreed to take over. Very far fetched and no evidence to suggest this is the case, so in scenarios like this then the obvious common sense opinion will always be the more valuable (or bulletproof if you like).

You can call me all the names under the sun, it really does nothing. But regardless I have an uncanny knack of being spot on - hence why people get annoyed with me. :thumbup:

Pretty much anyone who was a not a Cardiff fan had us dropping out of the top 6 which then changed to top 2 and losing in the playoffs when they realised we weren't going to drop out of the top 6. Funnily enough that was the majority view and it was wrong. But I am guessing you weren't one of those people and you had us down for promotion the entire time. Obviously a very poor technical league with the likes of Wolves, Fulham, Leeds and Villa etc in it. Get a grip.

Why do you keep saying that a succession plan could only mean that the next manager is buying the players who have come in? Warnock is the manager and this is his team. Someone will be appointed and he will take charge of the team and make the changes he wants. Which is what happens whenever a team gets a new manager. If you think the club havnt at least produced a shortlist of potential managers then that's up to you. But that is clearly the logical step in preparing to get a new manager. So in this scenario, common sense would say that there is a plan in place.

I'm not annoyed, I am just pointing out that when you use adjectives to describe your opinions you sound like a c**t.
Escott1927

Postby BackToTheFuture » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Yes you are correct RV, I don't know the plans of the Cardiff City hierarchy anymore than you do would have sufficed, but thank you anyway for that 'long winded' claptrap.

Oh and nice dodge by the way, that's right, you can't name these 'technical sides' we are struggling to compete with can you, A.) because we are only 6 games into the season, and B.) because the only side we have failed to compete with this season has been Reading.

In the other 5 games we have won 2, drawn 2, and narrowly lost the other whilst more than holding our own :thumbup:

Adios Jack, I'm off to enjoy my weekend with friends now, the floor is yours's to continue telling everyone how you are right and the world is wrong :laughing5:

ATB.

Eh? That’s just being silly. If you think that Craig Bellamy is waiting in the wings and signing all the players then you need your head checked. That’s like saying “how do you know we lost on Saturday? This may be a parallel universe and we actually won”. Aye maybe, we will stick with what is realistic though. :lol:

As for dodging questions... You told me not to answer, didn’t you? Or was that you continuing to be silly? I shall answer regardless:-

You got smashed away to Reading 3-0
You needed a 95th min winner agains Luton at home who dominated with 63% of possession.
Three weeks later they smashed you 3-0 at home with 70% possession
You only managed a draw against 10 man Fulham at home who managed 69% possession

The world isn’t wrong, just you. The world would agree with me, I assure you. Enjoy your weekend.
BackToTheFuture

Postby BackToTheFuture » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:43 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Yep, thought so. I’m off.

Bye mate.
BackToTheFuture

Postby BackToTheFuture » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:51 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Pretty much anyone who was a not a Cardiff fan had us dropping out of the top 6 which then changed to top 2 and losing in the playoffs when they realised we weren't going to drop out of the top 6. Funnily enough that was the majority view and it was wrong. But I am guessing you weren't one of those people and you had us down for promotion the entire time. Obviously a very poor technical league with the likes of Wolves, Fulham, Leeds and Villa etc in it. Get a grip.

Why do you keep saying that a succession plan could only mean that the next manager is buying the players who have come in? Warnock is the manager and this is his team. Someone will be appointed and he will take charge of the team and make the changes he wants. Which is what happens whenever a team gets a new manager. If you think the club havnt at least produced a shortlist of potential managers then that's up to you. But that is clearly the logical step in preparing to get a new manager. So in this scenario, common sense would say that there is a plan in place.

I'm not annoyed, I am just pointing out that when you use adjectives to describe your opinions you sound like a c**t.

I think you are re-writing history to make a non-existent point. You were one of the favourites for promotion from memory. Certainly in the top 10. You played a poor brand of football, but it was effective against the sides in the Championship that year. Naming team names isn’t helping matters, they were poor.

Because that is what a succession plan is. Having a new manager isn’t a succession plan, it is what will happen regardless. A succession plan is a seamless transition where decisions made now are part of a longer term strategy. I find it very hard to believe a manager who is retiring in a matter of months is contributing to a succession plan by signing players to for a redundant style of play that will no doubt have to be changed. You can pretend it’s part of a big plan but again common sense suggests it isn’t.

You can claim you are not annoyed but you do seem a little emotional to want to continue to use the language you do. You would think that an easy counter would suffice, if there was one that is...
BackToTheFuture

Postby maccydee » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:35 pm

BackToTheFuture wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

I think you are re-writing history to make a non-existent point. You were one of the favourites for promotion from memory. Certainly in the top 10. You played a poor brand of football, but it was effective against the sides in the Championship that year. Naming team names isn’t helping matters, they were poor.

Because that is what a succession plan is. Having a new manager isn’t a succession plan, it is what will happen regardless. A succession plan is a seamless transition where decisions made now are part of a longer term strategy. I find it very hard to believe a manager who is retiring in a matter of months is contributing to a succession plan by signing players to for a redundant style of play that will no doubt have to be changed. You can pretend it’s part of a big plan but again common sense suggests it isn’t.

You can claim you are not annoyed but you do seem a little emotional to want to continue to use the language you do. You would think that an easy counter would suffice, if there was one that is...

We weren’t close to being favourites. We finished 13th the year before.
maccydee

Previous

Return to General Chat