" WALES v AZERBAIJAN "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WALES v AZERBAIJAN "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Kick off is at 7.45pm tonight.

The match is live on Sky Sports and S4C.

Wales need to win and will be expected to win comfortably.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

" WALES v AZERBAIJAN "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " WALES v AZERBAIJAN "

Postby Crayfish » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Watching the match now and have just realised that embarrassingly four Wales players on the pitch have come through the Swansea youth system and not a single one from the Cardiff youth system. The people in charge of our youth development should be embarrassed by that.
Crayfish

Postby snoopystorm » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Dan James and Harry Wilson both looking sharp for the past 35 mins, Tom Lawrence looks out of his depth though
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Wales couldn't hit a barn door, shocking with all the possession they've had. Be lucky to win this.
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:21 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Kick off is at 7.45pm tonight.

The match is live on Sky Sports and S4C.

Wales need to win and will be expected to win comfortably.

:laughing5:
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby snoopystorm » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:35 pm

Can’t believe we’ve pulled off a win.... absolutely shocking 2nd half
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:38 pm

That was awful talking about being naive couldnt believe what was watching! Spent most game playing with backs to their goal and every other pass was misplaced. Lucky is understatement.... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:42 pm

It has to be said, Azerbaijan are not as bad as people think. They used to be proper whipping boys , they are half decent now. We should still put 3 on them in reality but they have massively improved over the last few years

I wouldnt be overly confident in us winning over there , at the same time it wouldnt shock me if one of the others dropped points to them
thomasblue

Postby Charlie Harper » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:44 pm

Shocking performance and I genuinely hope Giggs goes as soon as possible as he isn't the man to take us forward
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby moonboots » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:45 pm

thomasblue wrote:It has to be said, Azerbaijan are not as bad as people think. They used to be proper whipping boys , they are half decent now. We should still put 3 on them in reality but they have massively improved over the last few years

I wouldnt be overly confident in us winning over there , at the same time it wouldnt shock me if one of the others dropped points to them

They lost 5-1 at home to Slovakia!!
moonboots

Postby Blueace » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Stumbled over the line then. I won't be surprised if we fall short and miss out on qualifying at this rate.
Blueace

Postby Charlie Harper » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:52 pm

moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:It has to be said, Azerbaijan are not as bad as people think. They used to be proper whipping boys , they are half decent now. We should still put 3 on them in reality but they have massively improved over the last few years

:laughing5: :laughing5: :thumbup:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Young side that are some distance from being the finished article.
Sneggyblubird

Postby thomasblue » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
moonboots wrote:

:laughing5: :laughing5: :thumbup:

Good , pick out one poor result to make a point . How about looking at them only losing 2-1 away to Croatia ?
Or going to Latvia and winning ?
Only last year they went 6 games unbeaten in the nations league.

That is unheard of for them and the fact is other than an poor reult against slovakia which can happen to anyone, they have improved a lot.
thomasblue

Postby LiamD1991 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Struggled tonight - qualification looks unlikely unless something drastic changes
LiamD1991

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:12 pm

That was painful to watch, even though we won. I will be surprised if we qualify with Giggs in-charge, which is a shame with the talent that’s coming through.
BaltimoreBlues

Postby montyblue » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:18 pm

We passed the game to death wilson the biggest culprit, it only changed when jonny williams came on and ran at them along with a solo run from our new centre back ,
warnock would have been having a fit watching all this passing.
montyblue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Something doesn't look right in the Wales team, we desperately need someone who can play up front and the rest of the team can play off of. Thought Harry Wilson and Tom Lawrence were poor and the tempo and passing was far too slow. On the bright side I thought Jonny Williams looked very impressive when he came on and looks like he's brought his form from Charlton with him. Honestly though I don't think we looked any better than the games we played against Croatia and Hungary and don't see anything in the performance to suggest that we'll win the majority of the games, though I hope im proved wrong.

Also not a good sign when Giggs comes out in a press conference and says that some players were not listening to his instructions and were just "doing their own thing".
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Pencoed » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:21 pm

3 pts, let's see where we are come November
Pencoed

Postby theclaw » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Trying to pass our way through the middle when we have have speed merchants out on the wing,their keeper looked a bit flappy and we never really tested him.Hennessey and a Taylor were at fault for the goal.
We got the three points so on to the next one.
theclaw

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:19 am

Let’s be real. The players don’t have a clue what they’re supposed to be doing which is why they get so far and then fanny about passing it backwards from the edge of the opposition area. Though Coleman’s football wasn’t necessarily the prettiest, at least everyone knew what role they were playing. It all comes down to Giggs.
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby RV Casual » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 am

Wins a win.

Let's mot forget we only just scraped past under Andora under Coleman in the first game and struggled to break them down at home and that's one of the worst sides in international football.

Last night wasn't pretty but we got over the line, we just need to keep going and keep in touch, I think it will come down to the last game and we will need to beat Hungary at home.

A draw on Monday night would be beneficial.
RV Casual

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:40 am

It seemed to me were playing with too similar players. All inside forward types.

James, Lawrence, Bale, Wilson, Williams.

All seemed to be getting in each others way. Dropping deep and allowing Az to get 10 men well structured behind the ball. Easy defending for them.

I'd drop Lawrence for a proper centre forward.
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:18 am

jimmy_rat wrote:It seemed to me were playing with too similar players. All inside forward types.

All seemed to be getting in each others way. Dropping deep and allowing Az to get 10 men well structured behind the ball. Easy defending for them.

That forward should be bale? He's good in air good control ability to score from anywhere ! We got pace out wide and hopefully with a focus in middle we may get more opportunities to score, bale as lost that burst of speed but still got everything else so why not unleash him on the centre halves cannot be worse than the many midgets giggs put there in past 9 games ?
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:It seemed to me were playing with too similar players. All inside forward types.

That forward should be bale? He's good in air good control ability to score from anywhere ! We got pace out wide and hopefully with a focus in middle we may get more opportunities to score, bale as lost that burst of speed but still got everything else so why not unleash him on the centre halves cannot be worse than the many midgets giggs put there in past 9 games ?

I would agree with that

Our front 4 should be Bale up front supported by James, Ramsey and Brooks
We do not have the players to replace them when missing so we should adjust accordingly which is down to the manager, the problem is he just tries putting round pegs in square holes instead and hoping it works.

Without Ramsey we have to revert to playing 2 up front with Bale and Vokes not just hope others can step up because they cant.
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:41 am

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I would agree with that

Our front 4 should be Bale up front supported by James, Ramsey and Brooks
We do not have the players to replace them when missing so we should adjust accordingly which is down to the manager, the problem is he just tries putting round pegs in square holes instead and hoping it works.

Without Ramsey we have to revert to playing 2 up front with Bale and Vokes not just hope others can step up because they cant.

Also it will change Giggs mindset last night we was so predictable for them to defend against us! If you noticed we used same tactic all night out from goalie upto midfield then outwide then back inside then back then middle then wide went on all night with occasional ball down wing for james to get ball then turn back and start procedure all over frustrating at its worst.... only changed when subs came on :old:
pembroke allan

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:

I 100% agree it should be Bale. And I'm sure last night that's where he was 'supoosed' to be playing. How often was he around the 6 yard box?
And letting the others get the ball in to him. To his head or feet? Hardly ever!! He comes deep looking for the ball too often. He was at right back at one point last night. He's trying to do too much!
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:16 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I 100% agree it should be Bale. And I'm sure last night that's where he was 'supoosed' to be playing. How often was he around the 6 yard box?
And letting the others get the ball in to him. To his head or feet? Hardly ever!! He comes deep looking for the ball too often. He was at right back at one point last night. He's trying to do too much!

The other problem is he doesnt have the legs to do this kind of job for Wales! Giggs evolved his role when he got older? Was unable to be a winger moved to midfield so time bale did similar for the benefit of Wales :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:47 am

pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The other problem is he doesnt have the legs to do this kind of job for Wales! Giggs evolved his role when he got older? Was unable to be a winger moved to midfield so time bale did similar for the benefit of Wales :thumbup:

Definitely. Let those whipper snappers run the flanks. They're pretty good at it. But they also need to stick to the basics.
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:56 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Definitely. Let those whipper snappers run the flanks. They're pretty good at it. But they also need to stick to the basics.

Tbh not a lot wrong with team it's the way they're set up thats wrong we need to be more forward thinking rather than this tippy tap football 40yds from goal that is in vogue at moment? Possession never won any game of football on its own and thats what's happening now with giggs.....
pembroke allan

Next

Return to General Chat