' Be interesting to see? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:21 am

Everyones views :thumbright: :bluebird:

Do you all still back Neil Warnock?

I know its only 7 games in, including cup defeat, but be interesting to see view fans views now on Neil Warnocks:

Transfers this season?

The type of Football we are playing so far?

How you feel we have done so far regarding points accumilated?

My full opinion will be after our first 12 games, but just interested to see views at this moment.
Attachments
8A851099-96F6-46C1-9D9C-25CF5C1291EE.jpeg
8A851099-96F6-46C1-9D9C-25CF5C1291EE.jpeg (444.8 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Be interesting to see? '

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 am

Annis, I certainly do; but he's not beyond reproach if things don't pick up

Personally, I think it was a mistake to declare his intention to leave at the end of this season (or sooner, if it's not going to plan) but I do believe he'll be busting a gut to go out with a bang

Early days into the season yet and the (proverbial) road to Rome is a long one

Just need the players and fans to keep the faith and work hard together to match the manager's ambitions :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby john52 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 am

I think he should have gone at end of last season to let a new manager bring in HIS players not Warnock players .I DO NOT think Warnock did very well in the transfer market
john52

Postby brickyblue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:09 am

I'll back him all the way so early in the season yet .We need some influencial players back and players need to understand there jobs etc.
Time will tell.I like warnock hes done so much in such a sort space of time for us his record is brilliant what hes done.
To early to judge at mo but what I will say is I dont understand saying he will leave at the end if the season.If this is the case he should of shut his gob and get on with it no sense to me at all saying that what good came of it.
I hope the words dont come to haurnt him.
brickyblue

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:13 am

Replies from FB
Attachments
6C2DAADD-4B9C-408D-8504-4F9C72B0938E.jpeg
6C2DAADD-4B9C-408D-8504-4F9C72B0938E.jpeg (307.61 KiB) Viewed 6994 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird04 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:23 am

i dont know to be honest, defensively we're still making sloppy errors, so hopefully bamba will be back and that will sort itself out, as for goals, i think this year we will be relying on the likes of murphy rather than glaztel. i've said from day one, free transfers warnock seems to be great, but give him cash and he just buys anyone
bluebird04

Postby Crayfish » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:41 pm

I would certainly still back Warnock though not paticularly pleased with the type of football we are playing.

As for the transfers I was pleased with them at the time but am less sure about them now. Not sure if Nelson and Whyte are as good as Oxford fans seem to think they are. As for Glatzel the jury is still out.He has shown some promise and it is the worst job in football playing up front for us but you would like our sole forward to get a goal now and again obviously Madine and Niasse didn't in 33 games between them but Maybe can get one or two before the season is out.

Overall I think the first seven games give a very good indication of how our season will go. We are too good to be sucked into a relegation battle no where near good enough for automatic promotion will probably finish in mid table but it's not out of the question though unlikely we will make the playoffs.
Crayfish

Postby Escott1927 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:15 pm

Until we start being more clinical mid-table is probably the best we can hope for. Should have beaten Luton and Huddersfield more comfortably and we should have 4 more points from the Fulham and Blackburn game. Things have improved though so hopefully we can continue to build on that.

Not to happy with the football at the moment. We continue to use ineffective tactics (long throw) that never result in anything. Yet we persist to continually do it in every game. Really frustrating to watch. Warnock will always have my respect but I can’t help but think that this would have been a good time to transition with a new manager and style of play with the support of the parachute payments. I’m sure that will be forgotten though if we can get a run going and push on into the top 6.
Escott1927

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Yes I back him but this transfer window was poor considering a big push for promotion was the aim. The transfers would have been decent if we were just aiming to consolidate for example.

A couple of 'marquee' signings were needed.

Also, as Escott says, I wish we'd break up those consistently bad and ineffective long throws and attempt to hold on to the ball a little longer.

I welcome back Bamba and if only we could have held on to Manga!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Im not enjoying the football or the results at the moment but i'll see after 11 games which is when we have our next international break as to where we are in the league, and if I think its time Warnock should leave. Don't agree with people who say he should be sacked now as I still believe he deserves more time to turn it around but the football has been some of the worse ive seen it in years. Hopefully by game 11 we're around the play off places and getting stronger with players back :ayatollah:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby JulesK » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Juries out up to 10 games, then we'll see. Don't know what our training/fitness is like but really don't understand how we seem to have so many hamstrings pinging like Pack, didn't miss a game for Bristol then comes to us and boom!!!!!

Throws are a waste and everyone knows what going to happen also think the tactics have been sussed.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Llantwit Blue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Always have and Always will be a big Warnock fan and as far as I an concerned he can stay as long as he wants I remember the mess we were in before he came.
However I can’t quantify the disappointment in who ever club or Manager in our poor business in the transfer market. I went to Texas and Canada pre season and we were lead to believe we would do a Burnley come down add a few marquee signings and go again. Not only did we lose so much quality from last season but failed to add any quality. The players brought in are not the the quality players we were promised. My worry is we may have missed a Big Big chance to go straight back up due to lack of investment in quality players.
Llantwit Blue

Postby Dazzy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Hopefully we’ll have Pack and Bamba back soon! If Sols fully fit, despite his age, I can see NW asking him to step into DM alongside Pack when needed. Patterson in No 10 would see a very solid line up. I’ve faith in Glatzel....he seems a good pro by all accounts and he’s definitely got ability. He just needs to get hardened up to the championship. We’ve good options out wide for either all out pace (NML & JM) or a more solid gradual approach (JL & GW). I think we’ll be fine.

No team has looked way beyond us so far
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby City in Cwmbran » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:12 am

Dazzy wrote:Hopefully we’ll have Pack and Bamba back soon! If Sols fully fit, despite his age, I can see NW asking him to step into DM alongside Pack when needed. Patterson in No 10 would see a very solid line up. I’ve faith in Glatzel....he seems a good pro by all accounts and he’s definitely got ability. He just needs to get hardened up to the championship. We’ve good options out wide for either all out pace (NML & JM) or a more solid gradual approach (JL & GW). I think we’ll be fine.

No team has looked way beyond us so far

....errrm, Reading!
City in Cwmbran

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 am

3 points off play offs

Massive difference between Championship and Premier League

A few new players, a few players gone

Although we all wanted a better start I'm still happy - we are still in September so early days yet
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby City1983 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:03 pm

I will back Warnock to the very last game..if we can get a run going after Derby, get a few of the Injured players back-then we will be a difficult team to break down. Nothing is decided after 7 games. Be in and around the Play offs around December and Strengthen in January, City will be a force again. :bluescarf:
City1983

Postby Hopski » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Far too early to form an opinion until Christmas. At the moment I'm losing patience with the players rather than the manager. The only gripe I have with the backroom is our seemingly lack of set plays and the monotonous long throw tactic.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Personally I probably would have replaced him when we got promoted in saying that we did better than I thought.

I thought the last 3 transfer windows have been very poor and the squad now has a very unbalanced look to it.

I still back him though as at this moment in time I think he is a the right man for the players we have available.

Style of play doesn't really bother me, I quite like the way we get it wide. Probably as a team a bit to defensive and Warnock when under pressure seems to go very defensive which is a shame as we have some great attacking players. Fulham away last season an example.
2blue2handle

Postby Blueman39 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:34 pm

I will see how things look after 10 League games but I do believe in Warnock and hope the break has given the lads to sort things out.
Longer term , concern is that very few managers play the style Warnock does and so it will mean a big turnaround of players when Warnock goes as we are not blessed with many ball players which will appeal to a new manager next season.....
Blueman39

Postby Blueman39 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:07 pm

I will see how things look after 10 League games but I do believe in Warnock and hope the break has given the lads to sort things out.
Longer term , concern is that very few managers play the style Warnock does and so it will mean a big turnaround of players when Warnock goes as we are not blessed with many ball players which will appeal to a new manager next season.....
Blueman39

Return to General Chat