' Mods are trying their best '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:53 am

Just looked including myself, we have banned 17 different names which we believe are all the same person.

But We can't ban all Jacks or away posters as surely thats what has always made this forum so good.

I personally will continually to welcome all decent away supporters on here including decent Jack posters.

Remember as long as No swearing/threatening etc for me then I see no problem :thumbright: :thumbright:

I do agree that Roathie went to far going on numerous topics and derailing them.

I did give him a chance as long as stayed as a Jack and stayed on just a few topics, no problem, but I agree he went on far to many.

But just remember that when someone is determined to keep coming back and over the years its at least 90 different names, very hard for the mods, they do have another life.

He has had 3 more names banned this morning.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Mods are trying their best '

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:01 am

Funnily enough Annis, I’ve just posted that if the trolls are on a topic, just ignore the thread
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:04 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Funnily enough Annis, I’ve just posted that if the trolls are on a topic, just ignore the thread

Andrew, spot on, if everyone ignored a troll, the troll would soon go away :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Funnily enough Annis, I’ve just posted that if the trolls are on a topic, just ignore the thread

Andrew, spot on, if everyone ignored a troll, the troll would soon go away :thumbright: :thumbright:

The trouble is how do we ignore a troll if they change their usernames so often? :lol:

I agree the Mods are doing a great job, but unfortunately some posters including me have poor awareness. When I reply to someone I do so in good faith only to find out later it was Roathwood :banghead:

I suppose checking their post numbers is one way but that of course means any new member could be suspected as Roathwood. Maybe all new members could be given a 'trusted poster' status once their IP address has been checked and anyone without that status can be ignored?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The trouble is how do we ignore a troll if they change their usernames so often? :lol:

I agree the Mods are doing a great job, but unfortunately some posters including me have poor awareness. When I reply to someone I do so in good faith only to find out later it was Roathwood :banghead:

I suppose checking their post numbers is one way but that of course means any new member could be suspected as Roathwood. Maybe all new members could be given a 'trusted poster' status once their IP address has been checked and anyone without that status can be ignored?

Yes good points there
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:42 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well in the end yes we ban them Tony, but I would prefer them to be under their real club than coming back a Cardiff fan.

There are genuine Jacks who come on here and some on here then demand to ban them.

Ip checks don’t work with Roathie.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby goats » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just looked including myself, we have banned 17 different names which we believe are all the same person.

But We can't ban all Jacks or away posters as surely thats what has always made this forum so good.

I personally will continually to welcome all decent away supporters on here including decent Jack posters.

Remember as long as No swearing/threatening etc for me then I see no problem :thumbright: :thumbright:

I do agree that Roathie went to far going on numerous topics and derailing them.

I did give him a chance as long as stayed as a Jack and stayed on just a few topics, no problem, but I agree he went on far to many.

But just remember that when someone is determined to keep coming back and over the years its at least 90 different names, very hard for the mods, they do have another life.

He has had 3 more names banned this morning.

I won’t bother to engage him again, there is no point whatsoever. Keep up the good work
goats

Postby norms76 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That’s never going to happen Annis. Someone on here will always bite to whatever he posts. The guy is absolutely nuts.
norms76

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Deleting Roathie is now unfortunately a regular part of maintaining the mb. Some folks will bite but he's easy enough to spot once a few posts in to delete. We've got a decent mb, probably one of the best out there but once old oddball decides he's going to ruin it, he's all over it like a rash. He was on Planet Slums for a while before getting sussed, I guess he gets bored and then moves on for his strange kicks. Cuckoo.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby nojac » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:22 am

He's quite funny really , like someone said after one or two posts is writing style sticks out , like a sore thumb.
But the big question is , what on earth does he come on here so often under so many different names?
The best thing I can say about him , is that he's very inventive with his new names etc.
But I think we should feel sorry for him , he surely as mental health issues !
nojac

Postby goats » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 am

nojac wrote:He's quite funny really , like someone said after one or two posts is writing style sticks out , like a sore thumb.
But the big question is , what on earth does he come on here so often under so many different names?
The best thing I can say about him , is that he's very inventive with his new names etc.

He does have mental health issues, he’s on another site now posting under the name Ronnie Bird.....
goats

Postby JimmyJazz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:32 am

goats wrote:
nojac wrote:He's quite funny really , like someone said after one or two posts is writing style sticks out , like a sore thumb.

He does have mental health issues, he’s on another site now posting under the name Ronnie Bird.....

I saw Ronnie Bird play!!
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby RV Casual » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Fair play it's def in the best interests of the board.

Like you rightly say there's no reason we can't have decent Jack's or posters from other Clubs on here, it's a good thing but that man/woman is an absolute fruit cake
RV Casual

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:29 pm

If they can keep Roathie off here then this is by far the best forum. Some of the mods do a brilliant job, others showed their colours on the now removed thread.

But mods needs to be allowed to ban him. I alone reported his other obvious name a number of times over the space of a week and nothing was done.

Hopefully they are allowed to ban him and keep the forum for people of all clubs who want to discuss football and not just derail threads for some weird enjoyment.

We can hope.
2blue2handle

Postby thomasblue » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Having some sort of blue tick system to authenticate a poster, a bit like Twitter is probably the only way of sorting issues out like this.

You could then only allow a certain amount of replays a day to people without a tick. That way they cant derail threads all the time.
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If they can keep Roathie off here then this is by far the best forum. Some of the mods do a brilliant job, others showed their colours on the now removed thread.

But mods needs to be allowed to ban him. I alone reported his other obvious name a number of times over the space of a week and nothing was done.

Hopefully they are allowed to ban him and keep the forum for people of all clubs who want to discuss football and not just derail threads for some weird enjoyment.

We can hope.

It's not hard to spot him and doesnt need 24hr surveillance ? just simple when he is spotted on here just delete him no fuss .... let him reinvent himself been doing it for years anyway, just delete him every time hes spotted will keep board running smoothly then... I'm sure hes back again today.... :o
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:If they can keep Roathie off here then this is by far the best forum. Some of the mods do a brilliant job, others showed their colours on the now removed thread.

We can hope.

It's not hard to spot him and doesnt need 24hr surveillance ? just simple when he is spotted on here just delete him no fuss .... let him reinvent himself been doing it for years anyway, just delete him every time hes spotted will keep board running smoothly then... I'm sure hes back again today.... :o

Totally agree, his ego doesn't allow him to not show off for long.
2blue2handle

Postby ffs » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Out of interest, how is he trolling?
ffs

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:14 pm

No problem, Mods have 100% permission to ban him as long as it is Roathie and not just a Jack poster as we need away fans to keep up good /sensible banter :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby derbyram » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Well that’s a wonderful story, completely untrue of course... but wonderful none the less. No doubt I won’t be allowed much time to defend myself so will have to make this post slightly longer than I would like in order to fit all the responses to this nonsense in, so do your best. No I doubt I will have to post this multiple times until enough people see it that I am satisfied the truth is known.

Ok, what do you mean by “we BELIEVE” that all these usernames are the same person? That means you are guessing and have no actual idea then, but going to say it anyway? Very badly guessing at that. :D

It really is not difficult to tell who my usernames are ffs, Its not like I try and hide them is it? They all have the same avatar and footer for a start; that’s without touching upon posting style and point of view. I also just continue the debate I was having in my previous one and make it very clear who I am :lol:

For ACTUAL transparency, all my usernames in date order:-

- JackSensalot (banned a week ago)
- JackSensealot (banned a day later)
- NikeSwan (banned maybe 2 days later)
- BackToTheFuture (banned yesterday)
- derbyram (no doubt soon to be banned)

All of the above have the same IP address from the same provider, completely independent of any other poster on this forum (be that active or banned). This is a fact. An indisputable one at that. All usernames also match up date wise with the previous one being banned. Funny that isn’t it? You certainly don’t need to call in Columbo that’s for sure. :roll:

Anyway, I would respect this all a little more if you were brave enough to just say it as it is instead of trying to deceive the forum and pander to them using my name as the scapegoat and trying to hide and stop any response.

Just say the actual reason. You are banning me, a good and polite poster, because it is easier to control one person acting correctly than a dozen of those who follow me around the forum acting incorrectly. Having Cityone and Sven going crying to you every 2 minutes can’t be easy. That’s all you have to say and I am sure everyone would understand, as would I.

But pretending I have all these usernames as a pretext to ban me and justify it, is just odd and incredibly underhand - I can only assume it is a way of banning all Swansea fans off here during a time where we are doing well, in order to limit them rubbing your nose in it? All the while solving a problem where the noisy minority of the forum are kicking up a fuss because they cannot counter my perfectly valid and fair points of view, and this is an attempt to pacify them? Now that makes far more sense.

I am pretty sure the sensible among the forum (there are a few) will see this exactly for what it is. I have never needed more than one username at a time, and never ever have. Not even once - It’s no secret that I can MORE than hold my own on whatever active username I have at the time, which no doubt is half the problem. Your guess (I am being kind by labelling it a guess as it feels far more sinister than an innocent incorrect guess) just doesn’t stack up, it makes no sense and it just offers too much of a convenient out.

No doubt this will be hastily covered up - but due to the nature of you ‘badly guessing’ and incorrectly dragging my name through the mud, I have no option but to keep posting this as a right of reply.

If you wanted me to stop posting all you have to do is be honest with everyone and ask me nicely. I would be happy to, I understand how annoying it must be to keep on top of the complaints of all the weaker minded posters on here - but obviously won’t allow this lie/guess to be peddled and will certainly defend it. Cheers.

(While I am here, I may as well address the latest fantasy tale... I have no idea who “Ronnie Bird (?! :lol: )” is either, yet another wild and paranoid guess from the goat man - designed to further an agenda against me due to my prowess in debate. I repeat, my usernames are not hidden and happily state them all. Ta.)
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear
derbyram

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:54 am

Very sad, now a Derby fans.

Banned.

Now maybe some posters will understand what the mods have to put up with.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluerover » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:Very sad, now a Derby fans.

Banned.

I’m not pretending to be a derby fan though Annis, stop being dramatic. I am continuing as myself... as always.

You put up some intentional mis-truths about me so in order to defend myself, so I have to create a username that doesn’t represent my previous names otherwise you do not accept them and I then cannot set the record straight. Rocket science it ain’t.

I have no idea what you mean by “what the mods have to put up with”. They are supposed to moderate the site correctly which means banning people breaking the rules. In my case you have bowed to one or two of them and instructed them to ban me for your made up reason simply because I am good at showcasing my point. It’s hardly something that is going to lead them to an early grave :roll: :lol:

I just wish you would be honest about it all, then maybe I wouldn’t need to create another name would I.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.

(This quote turned out bang on, as predicted).
bluerover

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:20 am

Banned.

Well done Annis, nice and quick.
Jeez, this guy is sick.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bluerover » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:24 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Jeez, this guy is sick.

Aye agreed, how sick! Imagine having to go through the arduous 30 second process to sign up and put a valid reply on here to clear up some obvious lies/bad guesses :lol:

The shock eh? I can’t believe anyone would do such a thing. I mean, reply?! My word :laughing6:

(You can ban this one when you are ready too). Ta.
Your obsessions will transform you into what you fear.

(This quote turned out bang on, as predicted).
bluerover

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:30 am

bluerover wrote:
Jeez, this guy is sick.

Aye agreed, how sick! Imagine having to go through the arduous 30 second process to sign up and put a valid reply on here to clear up some obvious lies/bad guesses :lol:

The shock eh? I can’t believe anyone would do such a thing. I mean, reply?! My word :laughing6:

(You can ban this one when you are ready too). Ta.

what sort of a life musst you have to be this persistent.
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:14 am

Banned again

Just also had a pm of latest mane saying he never intends to go away, he will keep replying.

Very very sad.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 am

Banned.

Jeez, this guy is sick.

Cheers, but very very sad that he wants to persist no matter how unwelcome he is on here.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:15 am

Annis is there a way that Owain can make a button that removed all his posts under that name when it is banned? that would make his games pretty worthless.
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Annis is there a way that Owain can make a button that removed all his posts under that name when it is banned? that would make his games pretty worthless.

Luke,

I have removed about 10 today, but his posts if kate are under about 5 different names.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Annis is there a way that Owain can make a button that removed all his posts under that name when it is banned? that would make his games pretty worthless.

Luke,

I have removed about 10 today, but his posts if kate are under about 5 different names.

Yeah I could imagine it's almost impossible to delete them individually. That's why I wondered if there was or can be a way that when you ban a username that you also delete all posts that person has made. Just a thought really.
2blue2handle

Next

Return to General Chat