BREAKING: ‘ CARDIFF CITY RECEIVE A STAGGERING ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:22 am

CARDIFF CITY RECEIVE A STAGGERING NEAR £103MILL FROM JUST TV :bluebird:

My View:

For me after 10 years of running our club which was between £50-£60mill(different views on this) in debt back then and now two Premier League seasons and a Cup Final behind us and average crowds of nearly 32,000 and with the the latest staggering tv money we received and more monies to come , plus Warnock receiving more money from sales of players than spending this season, Cardiff City should now be debt free. :thumbright:

Cardiff City's huge TV windfall last season that dwarfed Juventus, Bayern Munich and pretty much the whole of Europe

The Bluebirds made a staggering amount from TV money in the Premier League last season

Nearly £103million just from TV Cardiff City received last season :bluebird:

Tuesday 10th September 2019

New figures show Cardiff City raked in more TV money than European giants Bayern Munich, Juventus, Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain last season.

The Bluebirds, who were relegated from the Premier League last term, earned themselves a whopping £102.7m through TV money.

Respected financial blog Swiss Ramble have conducted research into how the TV money between top Premier League clubs compares with their European counterparts.

And, remarkably, figures show that Bayern, Juventus and PSG, who boast some of the greatest players in the world, earned less in broadcast revenue than all three of the Premier League’s three relegated clubs, Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield Town.

In fact, only Barcelona (£130m) and Real Madrid (£125m) earned more than the Bluebirds outside of the Premier League.

In comparison, Bayern scooped themselves £87.6m, PSG and Juventus, despite having the pulling power of Cristiano Ronaldo, pocketed themselves just £76.5m.

Cardiff City's Neil Warnock on why he let 'manager's dream' Loic Damour leave for Hearts and his Celtic and Rangers admission

Between the three of them, Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield bagged a combined total of £301.2m in TV money.

Cardiff came 18th in the Premier League rankings, with Liverpool (£152m) narrowly pipping Manchester City (£151m) at the top of the earnings.Only Fulham (£102m) and Huddersfield (£97m) earned less than the Welsh capital club.
Attachments
51C13E7E-CFDE-4B85-887C-F59A16000936.jpeg
51C13E7E-CFDE-4B85-887C-F59A16000936.jpeg (332.57 KiB) Viewed 12029 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING: ‘ CARDIFF CITY RECEIVE A STAGGERING ‘

Postby Bluebird1990 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:40 am

Average crowds of £32,000? :lol:
Bluebird1990

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:14 am

I would hope the debt would have been reduced as well.

I always see the huge figures being received but I remember Dalman pretty much saying that although its huge money that there are also significant costs involved in being in the premier league. Even so I think we all hope for a decent profit from last season although im not expecting much for this season, id imagine our wage bill is pretty hefty for our income.

For all the money that comes in the clubs who come down from the premiership are rarely plush with money, they seem to either cut back or go for broke and then make cut backs.
2blue2handle

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:55 am

2blue2handle wrote:I would hope the debt would have been reduced as well.

I always see the huge figures being received but I remember Dalman pretty much saying that although its huge money that there are also significant costs involved in being in the premier league. Even so I think we all hope for a decent profit from last season although im not expecting much for this season, id imagine our wage bill is pretty hefty for our income.

For all the money that comes in the clubs who come down from the premiership are rarely plush with money, they seem to either cut back or go for broke and then make cut backs.

Agreed, we can't forget that there would have been a significant increase in wages for most of our players by way of bonuses and improved contracts. We won't have gone mad judging by what Warnock and the chairman have said but it will be increased.

What we don't know is if any of those improved/new contracts went back down to Championship levels upon relegation. If they didn't then that is an pongoing costs to be met out of a much reduced income this year.

One thing is for sure, Camarasa, Arter and Niasse would not have come cheap. We also have the £15m, or a proportion of that, for Sala hanging over us.

All that being said, I would be surprised if we didn't make a pretty decent profit last season but that may well be earmarked for the new training ground development.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Reply from FB

Simon Williams:

The club need to start showing some ambition. Or do they believe PL clubs such as Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford are bigger and better equipped than the capital city club of wales with 1.5 million people within a 30 mile radius of the ground, to compete. Do the present owners believe our general ceiling is the Championship and each time we get to the PL we just prepare with the signings made, to come straight back down. If so they need to tell their supporters that so we can make a considered decision on season tickets.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from FB

Simon Williams:

The club need to start showing some ambition. Or do they believe PL clubs such as Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford are bigger and better equipped than the capital city club of wales with 1.5 million people within a 30 mile radius of the ground, to compete. Do the present owners believe our general ceiling is the Championship and each time we get to the PL we just prepare with the signings made, to come straight back down. If so they need to tell their supporters that so we can make a considered decision on season tickets.

This is how lots of fans are feeling
nickjonesrox2

Postby moonboots » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Simon Williams:

I agree with some of that...showing ambition etc, but will still get season ticket anyway....even in division 4 because I am a Cardiff fan :bluescarf:
moonboots

Postby wez1927 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Should of made a good profit over last season and this
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:44 pm

Simon Williams:

Lovely sense of entitlement.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Simon Williams:

If ever a Hmmm is worthy.
Bakedalasker

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm

Simon Williams:

Fans basing their support for a club based on how much we spend. Jeezzzz.
Wait for the transfer window to close if players being bought is so important to you.
2blue2handle

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Agreed, we can't forget that there would have been a significant increase in wages for most of our players by way of bonuses and improved contracts. We won't have gone mad judging by what Warnock and the chairman have said but it will be increased.

What we don't know is if any of those improved/new contracts went back down to Championship levels upon relegation. If they didn't then that is an pongoing costs to be met out of a much reduced income this year.

One thing is for sure, Camarasa, Arter and Niasse would not have come cheap. We also have the £15m, or a proportion of that, for Sala hanging over us.

All that being said, I would be surprised if we didn't make a pretty decent profit last season but that may well be earmarked for the new training ground development.

If each of those loanees were £40,000 a week, and it can't be more than that surely, it's no more than £6 million wages in total, Niase was only here from January after all. I'm sure loan fees too but it's fairly incidental in the big scheme of things.

As another post alludes to, we are talking about matching Bouremouth, Burnley and Watford not Man Utd and Liverpool.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:56 pm

We can only be as ambitious as much as our owner is willing to spend, Newcastle are testament to that. What is the current debt, or are we debt free?
rumpo kid

Postby JulesK » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am

Are we not counting all the highly paid shite Warnock has bought? Running the club day to day ( instead of Mr Tan covering costs)? The new academy building? All adds up!

Some folk need to careful what they wish for.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby john52 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:16 pm

I have no idea if it is TAN not allowing Warnock to sign any class players or WARNOCK still living in the past and not willing to pay TODAYS prices .THe bottom line is thT we were relegated from the premiership and have parachute payments which she technically make us better off than most as we didn’t really go stupid with the money we spent in the premiershipGoing by the signings we have made I’m afraid does not suggest we have a lot of ambition and if we do not show it when we have the parachute payments when will we .Personally I am getting fed up of heRing the same old thing from WARNOCK about the lack of Monet we have and in general the same rhetoric about the team the performances the players making mistakes etc
john52

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:56 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

If each of those loanees were £40,000 a week, and it can't be more than that surely, it's no more than £6 million wages in total, Niase was only here from January after all. I'm sure loan fees too but it's fairly incidental in the big scheme of things.

As another post alludes to, we are talking about matching Bouremouth, Burnley and Watford not Man Utd and Liverpool.[/quote

How long have the 3 teams you mentioned been in premier league 3yrs or more? Does have a big bearing on what we can spend long term... one season in premier league buys you sfa, need several years before can plan or sighn good Players to 2 yr contracts or longer...
pembroke allan

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Agreed. Longevity and stickability in PL changes clubs budget altogether.

However, the model of not spending all out but being relegated but stronger is reasonable. And that's the model we cardiff city fans were sold.

All been said before but our core almost all but gone. Gunnar and Manga were unfortunate and they are strength championship players. Arter stays in championship just a other club. Reid fed up. Camarasa too good for us. But could we not have put up a fight for one of those?

Again, as said before, we don't attract quality loan players because our style is not widely employed. We were never going to get a ball playing midfielder from Chelsea or Liverpool u21s. Derby had Mount and Wilson last season and are bereft now they've gone. Those players will not come to us with Sir Neil in charge which makes not fighting to retain what we had all the stranger for me. Don't what Madines wages are but a complete and absolute squandering of club cash.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:06 pm

All that money and still it’s not used to invest in high quality players.
Clubfortyfourer

Return to General Chat