Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WALES v BELARUS / PLUS CROATIA, HUNGARY & SLOVAKIA "

Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Wales play Belarus tonight in a friendly.

This is after Croatia only drew 1-1 at Azerbaijan in our qualifying group.

Also in that group, Hungary host Slovakia tonight.

Both of Wales v Belarus and Hungary v Slovakia kick off at 7.45pm.

Re: " WALES v BELARUS / PLUS CROATIA, HUNGARY & SLOVAKIA "

Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:12 pm

A draw tonight would be perfect for us and would really give us a huge chance of qualification

A Hungary win will make it very difficult even with the Croatia score

A Slovakia win is also good for us

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 pm

What a goal by Dan James

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Interesting Results Tonight ....

AZERBAIJAN 1 : 1 CROATIA .

HUNGARY 1 : 2 SLOVAKIA .

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:26 am

Now wide open, just like Jordan's baggy box :)

Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:50 am

Azerbaijan just drew 1-1 with Croatia which now means that our dodgy win on Friday night has been reclassified as A GREAT WIN.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:03 pm

Quite simply really we have to win 3 of our last 4 otherwise we have no chance of being top 2.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm

phildavies wrote:Quite simply really we have to win 3 of our last 4 otherwise we have no chance of being top 2.

What positions qualify is it top 1 and then playoff for he second?

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
phildavies wrote:Quite simply really we have to win 3 of our last 4 otherwise we have no chance of being top 2.

I think the top two go through automatically.

Then you have those who qualified through the Nations League in the play offs - gets a bit more complicated when you have nations who finish in the top two that have also qualified for Nations League play offs.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I think the top two go through automatically.

Then you have those who qualified through the Nations League in the play offs - gets a bit more complicated when you have nations who finish in the top two that have also qualified for Nations League play offs.

Top 2 automatic like say nation league comes into play and we are In playoff situation at moment and apparently likely to stay that way given the criteria for qualifying! So hopefully worst case scenario is playoffs :thumbup:

Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm

I thought bale in both games is a shadow of his former self, not since the euros has he impressed me.
Which is a big pity, yes he did score but but overall imo poor.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:32 pm

U21’s currently losing 3-0 to Germany with half hour gone

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:51 pm

montyblue wrote:I thought bale in both games is a shadow of his former self, not since the euros has he impressed me.
Which is a big pity, yes he did score but but overall imo poor.

He needs Ramsey to play at his best for Wales. I would go as far as saying that we would have even beaten Portugal in the Euro semis had we had Ramsey for the game he is the most important cog in the Welsh team as he creates chances for our talented front line.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Not necessarily - 7 points could do it if we draw in Slovakia even if we lose at home against Croatia. A win then against Hungary and Azebarjan will be enough if Slovakia lose their game against Croatia.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:48 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

Not necessarily - 7 points could do it if we draw in Slovakia even if we lose at home against Croatia. A win then against Hungary and Azebarjan will be enough if Slovakia lose their game against Croatia.

Croatia will finish on more than 13 and its highly likely that so will one of Hungary or Slovakia. Winning our home games most important win them both. Then if we can’t win any away game sin the group we don’t deserve to qualify TBH.