'It's not gone according to plan' - Says

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:48 am

'It's not gone according to plan' - Former Cardiff City man makes admission ahead of Derby County clash

Derby Telegraph

Wednesday 11th September 2019

Cardiff travel to Derby on Friday

Former Cardiff City striker Nathan Blake says this month could be a pivotal one in his old side's quest for an immediate return to the Premier League.

The Bluebirds are battling for promotion to the top tier, hoping to recreate their 2018-19 season that saw them finish second in the Championship.

They came straight back down following a valiant effort to stay up - now the expectation is for them to be fighting it out at the top of the second division once again.

Cardiff currently sit in 13th, with two wins and the same amount of draws and losses to their name after six matches.

Neil Warnock's side have struggled for form this season and were dumped out of the Carabao Cup at the second round stage at the Cardiff City Stadium 3-0 by Luton Town.

And Derby County are Cardiff's next opponents on Friday night (7.45pm), the first fixture of a month that also takes in clashes with Middlesbrough and Hull City.

"Let's face facts, it's not gone according to plan so far this season, we'd each have preferred better, but we are only six games in," Says Nathan Blake

"When we return from the international break, I hope to see an improved performance and Warnock's Bluebirds soar up that table.

What happened next

Aleksandar Prijovic failed to make a senior appearance for Derby County - but has gone on to have success for both club and country

"September is a big month for us with some crucial games. Not just in terms of points, but in terms of reinstating confidence and belief that this team can indeed challenge for promotion.

"It's just not quite clicking at the moment, for whatever reason.

"But we need to dig in, not concede so many goals and try to nick the one-nils that get momentum rolling.

"At the moment, it looks a little bit of an uphill battle.

"But one game, one goal — maybe Junior Hoilett sticks one in the top corner from 25 yards out in the 90th minute — it could be a moment, a match, I don't know.

"I just hope it's sooner rather than later."

Blake spent four years at Cardiff between 1990 and 1994, joining his hometown following his release from Chelsea's academy.

He made 458 appearances in a career that ended in 2006 with Newport County.

Blake also made 30 appearances for Wales.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 'It's not gone according to plan' - Says

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 pm

These next 5 -6 games look harder on paper than the previous games from last month .

There are No easy games in the Championship,and the International break might have done us well .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat