Jezza is doing all you cliff edge leavers a favour!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:07 am

Anyone else leading the labour party would unite the opposition that now enjoys a healthy majority into a temporary unity coalition and ask the queen to form a government.then we all know it would be bye bye Brexit.

So you nasty lot leave Jezza alone as he's your best chance of delivering Brexit. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jezza is doing all you cliff edge leavers a favour!

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:48 am

Temporary being the operative word Sneg, as most of these conchy’s will be out of work soon.

As for Corbyn, no-one seems to know what he’s doing, leastaways him.
rumpo kid

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 am

Would this be the same cliff edge that our economy was going to fall off just by us voting to leave. The same economy that would require an emergency budget within weeks of a leave vote according to our then Chancellor, which would help with the soaring unemployment amongst other things caused by us naughty leave voters. I think I missed the emergency budget, and looks like the unemployment forecast was a bit out as well.
Steve Zodiak

Postby JJ1927 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Would this be the same cliff edge that our economy was going to fall off just by us voting to leave. The same economy that would require an emergency budget within weeks of a leave vote according to our then Chancellor, which would help with the soaring unemployment amongst other things caused by us naughty leave voters. I think I missed the emergency budget, and looks like the unemployment forecast was a bit out as well.

Exactly. And whilst I recognise the dangers of a no deal brexit they are infinitely less than those posed by the real possibility of this country having Corbyn as PM, McDonald as Chancellor and Dianne Abbot as Home Secretary whatever the deal.
JJ1927

Postby Costa Coffee Crew » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Would this be the same cliff edge that our economy was going to fall off just by us voting to leave. The same economy that would require an emergency budget within weeks of a leave vote according to our then Chancellor, which would help with the soaring unemployment amongst other things caused by us naughty leave voters. I think I missed the emergency budget, and looks like the unemployment forecast was a bit out as well.

You remember the pound you had in your pocket before the Referendum in 2016? It's now worth 73p. Congratulations.
Costa Coffee Crew

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Costa Coffee Crew wrote:

You remember the pound you had in your pocket before the Referendum in 2016? It's now worth 73p. Congratulations.

How do you work that out then??
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Costa Coffee Crew wrote:

Having had a fixed monthly income for many years now ie. my company pension, I think I would have noticed if I was 25% worse off since the referendum. I can assure you my living standards have not dropped by 25%, my shopping remains much the same as it has always been after taking inflation into account, the cost of filling my car fluctuates much the same as always, and I have roughly the same amount as always to spend on luxuries. You may be in excess of 25% worse off than you were 3 years or so back, but I am certainly not, and speaking to friends and family, I have not heard anyone tell me that they have lost a quarter of their income since the referendum.
Steve Zodiak

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:04 pm

You remember the pound you had in your pocket before the Referendum in 2016? It's now worth 73p. Congratulations.[/quote]

What are you comparing that against? A flat comparison means nothing without taking into account other currencies, inflation, and over valuation of Sterling prior to the vote.

You should source the data really, otherwise it’s just gas. A more realistic valuation is 5-12%.
rumpo kid

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:12 pm

rumpo kid wrote:You remember the pound you had in your pocket before the Referendum in 2016? It's now worth 73p. Congratulations.

What are you comparing that against? A flat comparison means nothing without taking into account other currencies, inflation, and over valuation of Sterling prior to the vote.

You should source the data really, otherwise it’s just gas. A more realistic valuation is 5-12%.[/quote]

As you say, lots of factors have to be taken into consideration. Inflation existed long before the word Brexit became popular. Most of us have pay or pension rises linked to inflation. If we had all lost a quarter of our income in just three years, we would most certainly know all about it. What you can buy for a pound today may well be less that what you could buy three years back, and much less than you could buy 20 years back. My house has more than doubled in value since 2000, but that is nothing to do with Brexit.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Jock » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Costa Coffee Crew wrote:

You back on the glue mate?
Jock

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 pm

They are all as bad as each other - Lies : Lies : Lies - ALL On an extended holiday atm .
More expenses forms to come in whenever they get back to work - What a mess ...This Country :roll:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Mike Strinati » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 am

f**k politics. More discussions about this shit than football on here these days.
Mike Strinati

Postby wez1927 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:05 am

Costa Coffee Crew wrote:

Attachments
FB_IMG_1565363068757.jpg
FB_IMG_1565363068757.jpg (60.01 KiB) Viewed 3676 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Stan_B » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Anyone who does not think that life in the EU is going to get a hell of a lot worse if we stay in really needs their head examined. The £9 billion net amount we pay to the EU will dramatically increase over the next few years. Out of the 10 net contributors we pay the most after Germany and France - there are 18 countries who are net recipients and get more back than they pay in. Those net recipients are due to increase with possibly Albania, Iceland, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia joining. There are rumours of Bosnia and Kosovo also applying to join the EU.

Think its bad with all the Romanian beggars and con artists in this country. Wait until the Albanians get here!

There is also the forthcoming EU army that we are expected to contribute to.

We don't pay into the EU for free trade, we pay so that other countries can benefit. Why should we?

Time to stick it to Germany and France who haven't exactly been our best mates! The EU offered us a shit deal so its time to shit on them!
Stan_B

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am

The pound will soar once we actually leave. Remainers are trying to create chaos, the markets are reflecting this.
ElyBoy1984

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:07 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:The pound will soar once we actually leave. Remainers are trying to create chaos, the markets are reflecting this.

There is no question remainers are causing tbe chaos by blocking any attempt to leave EU, leave and things will settle down fairly quickly on money markets as they are ready deal or not.... This is corner stone of uk economic growth.
pembroke allan

Postby Davidspeers59 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:15 am

When i voted to leave i expected the outcome to be

Remain won so we would stay in the EU

Leave won so we would leave

The Leave vote did win so we Leave, but NO

The Remoaners can't/won't accept this

All you remain voters who can't accept that we voted to Leave get over yourselves and accept it.
Davidspeers59

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:41 pm

Davidspeers59 wrote:When i voted to leave i expected the outcome to be

All you remain voters who can't accept that we voted to Leave get over yourselves and accept it.

Whereas I'm sure if it was 52-48 the other way leavers would've accepted it..... Oh wait, here's farage in 2016 "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the Remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it."

I'm also sure if Cameron decided that a 52% remain win meant we'd now have a hard remain (join the euro, join everything we can, double our contribution, stop vetoing a EU army etc) you'd be perfectly happy with that as well?
CCFCJosh75

Postby Jock » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:08 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Whereas I'm sure if it was 52-48 the other way leavers would've accepted it..... Oh wait, here's farage in 2016 "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the Remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it."

I'm also sure if Cameron decided that a 52% remain win meant we'd now have a hard remain (join the euro, join everything we can, double our contribution, stop vetoing a EU army etc) you'd be perfectly happy with that as well?

Unlike you I can’t speak for everybody else but personally I’d have accepted the result, thought it was a golden opportunity missed and moved on.
Jock

Postby Jock » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:14 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Unlike you I can’t speak for everybody else but personally I’d have accepted the result, thought it was a golden opportunity missed and moved on.
Jock

Postby Davidspeers59 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

I was 50/50 but in the end voted to Leave, i must say i didn't think the Leave vote would win, but they did and it should be respected. I for one would have accepted it if we voted to stay.

Be glad when its all over total shambles :bluescarf: :occasion5:
Davidspeers59

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:18 pm

All you remain voters who can't accept that we voted to Leave get over yourselves and accept it.[/quote]

I'm also sure if Cameron decided that a 52% remain win meant we'd now have a hard remain (join the euro, join everything we can, double our contribution, stop vetoing a EU army etc) you'd be perfectly happy with that as well.

What are wibbling on about man? You’re making up nonsense and hyperbole!
rumpo kid

Return to General Chat