Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City v liverpool league cup final?

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Just saw replay and didnt realise liverpool goalie never saved one pen even though we lost 3-2 ? We hit post twice and Gerrard put other wide, If only !!! :old:

Re: City v liverpool league cup final?

Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Just saw replay and didnt realise liverpool goalie never saved one pen even though we lost 3-2 ? We hit post twice and Gerrard put other wide, If only !!! :old:

When Heaton saved Steven Gerrards kick, I thought it was going to be our day, as you say, if only.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:31 pm

Don Keydick wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Just saw replay and didnt realise liverpool goalie never saved one pen even though we lost 3-2 ? We hit post twice and Gerrard put other wide, If only !!! :old:

When Heaton saved Steven Gerrards kick, I thought it was going to be our day, as you say, if only.

Was at game and didn't realise we actually hit post twice and went wide with other 4ins was all the difference between success and failure even allowing for Miller's miss at end....? Even though it was arguably one of if not the best final ever ! :old:

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:

Was at game and didn't realise we actually hit post twice and went wide with other 4ins was all the difference between success and failure even allowing for Miller's miss at end....? Even though it was arguably one of if not the best final ever ! :old:

I was also at that match, and still say to this day that Kenny Miller should have won it for us.

Will never forgive Anthony Gerrard for that penalty miss either, amongst other things.

Despite the loss on penalties, I remember that being one of the times of being the most proud of our team. Particularly given Malky had basically nobody the summer before.

That was our last season in blue before the rebrand I think.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:23 pm

I also felt very proud , went expecting the worse tbh..but it was a fantastic effort from our boys . was asked by a neutral at full time how disappointed will you be to lose on pens..i said I wouldn't be as I was so proud we had matched them. the disappointment kicked in queueing for the tube..it was so so close..

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Liverpool goalkeeper got nutmeged twice for our goals :laughing6:

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:41 pm

For me this was the best game I’ve seen, as a 8 year old who didn’t really know much about football but followed with Cardiff city home and away with my auntie and cousin this was special! Enjoyed every minute and get goosebumps watching turners goal on replay :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:50 pm

Fantastic day even if we lost on pens :bluebird:

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Shouldn’t have gone to penalty shoot out had Miller not missed a sitter :roll:

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:55 pm

most people seem to have good memories of it yet it { thought it was just me } very rarely gets mentioned though.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:27 pm

dogfound wrote:most people seem to have good memories of it yet it { thought it was just me } very rarely gets mentioned though.

Considering it was described as best league cup final ever it isn't replayed at all other day was 1st time I've seen it on tv since it happened. :old: