UPDATED: ‘ Cardiff Accuse Nantes FC of Manslaughter ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:17 pm

Get french football news reporting that

Breaking | Cardiff City have this evening filed a lawsuit in France against FC Nantes over the death of Emiliano Sala, according to L'Équipe.

The suit attempts to insinuate that Nantes may be guilty of manslaughter & the hiding of agent commissions. More follows.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

Cardiff file lawsuit against X individual at FC Nantes over Emiliano Sala death
L’Équipe report that Cardiff City have filed a lawsuit this evening in France with the Nantes prosecutor against an unnamed individual at FC Nantes, believed to be club owner and president Waldemar Kita.

A new judicial complaint in an already complicated legal web of claims and counter-claims, as Cardiff City continue to refuse to pay the €17m transfer fee owed to FC Nantes in the transfer of the tragically deceased striker Emiliano Sala.

As indicated in L’Équipe already last November, the Paris based law firm Dupond-Moretti Vey is representing the Championship club in France and they are the entity that this evening has filed this complaint.

The written complaint describes “a series of troubling elements,” according to Mr Antoine Vey, relating to payments made over the course of the negotiation and also the organisation of the fatal flight taken by the Argentinian attacker and the pilot David Ibbotson. Cardiff City are notably pointing fingers at the role and responsibility of intermediary Willie McKay, whose son Mark had acquired the mandate from FC Nantes to sell Sala.

“It would appear that intermediaries, first and foremost Willie McKay, were actively involved at all stages in the transfer of Emiliano Sala, despite the fact that they did not have an agent licence. FC Nantes and its representatives were complicit in this offence by deliberately having relations with intermediaries who they knew were involved illegally,” Mr Vey adds.

Mr Vey also suspects “the existence of hidden commissions and sub-commissions that were paid to different parties.”

Finally, Vey and his team are looking at involuntary manslaughter on the part of FC Nantes: “If it emerges that FC Nantes representatives were not only informed of the flight but also of the fact that Willie McKay chartered flights without authorisation, they could be accused of manslaughter and being complicit in this crime.”

Cardiff City showing no amount of sensitivity, with the anniversary of Emiliano Sala’s death occurring just last week.

Attachments
2F666B1C-F22C-4198-A1A7-96211074539F.jpeg
2F666B1C-F22C-4198-A1A7-96211074539F.jpeg (82.94 KiB) Viewed 15009 times
BluebirdsTilIDie

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff file lawsuit against Nantes

Postby BAMBA CREW » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:22 pm

I just want this to be over, really leaving a bitter taste in the mouth

Attachments
47408C2F-A466-46A3-AA1B-96FA5370C858.jpeg
47408C2F-A466-46A3-AA1B-96FA5370C858.jpeg (118.64 KiB) Viewed 14702 times
BAMBA CREW

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Time they gave this thing up.

Pay them the money.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Time they gave this thing up.

Pay them the money.

Why ? Read the book the killing of sala this deal is dodgy as fook ,
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Pay them the money.

your the one that bought it..?
doesnt it imply David Ibottson jumped out, sky dived and is in hiding whereabouts unknown . :roll:
Last edited by dogfound on Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:40 pm

You expect they got evidence of wrong doing by someone? We knew this would drag on and you suspect this is 1st step in the legal battle with nante? Shouldn't be to much of surprise as this as been the big bone of contention since the tragedy .... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:41 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Pay them the money.

Cardiff’s confirmed yesterday it also accused Nantes of failing to disclose to Fifa’s Transfer Matching System that the agent Mark McKay had been acting for them in the deal.

Annexe 3 of the governing body’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (RSTP) states clubs must input the “club intermediary’s name and commission” into its TMS. Dodgy as fook ,back handers ,the mckays are up.to there neck in it
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:43 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Pay them the money.

doesnt it imply David Ibottson jumped out, sky dived and is in hiding whereabouts unknown . :roll:

Amongst other things :lol:
wez1927

Re: ‘ Cardiff Accuse Nantes FC of Manslaughter ‘

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:44 pm

I agree from day one this deal was very dodgy agents etc

Plus £5mill is what Sala was originally valued at.

But this is taking it way to far to try to get out if paying and now accuse Nantes FC as they had nothing to do with flight , Sala staying back .
I have read the book and spoken to French reporters for months.

We look bad enough and this for me will really hurt our reputation.

For me manslaughter is for the agents.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BAMBA CREW » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I agree from day one this deal was very dodgy agents etc

But this is taking it way to far to try to get out if paying and now accuse Nantes FC as they had nothing to do with flight , Sala staying back .

Bold but very tasteless move in my eyes, embarrassing really.
BAMBA CREW

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Cardiff file lawsuit against X individual at FC Nantes over Emiliano Sala death
L’Équipe report that Cardiff City have filed a lawsuit this evening in France with the Nantes prosecutor against an unnamed individual at FC Nantes, believed to be club owner and president Waldemar Kita.

A new judicial complaint in an already complicated legal web of claims and counter-claims, as Cardiff City continue to refuse to pay the €17m transfer fee owed to FC Nantes in the transfer of the tragically deceased striker Emiliano Sala.

As indicated in L’Équipe already last November, the Paris based law firm Dupond-Moretti Vey is representing the Championship club in France and they are the entity that this evening has filed this complaint.

The written complaint describes “a series of troubling elements,” according to Mr Antoine Vey, relating to payments made over the course of the negotiation and also the organisation of the fatal flight taken by the Argentinian attacker and the pilot David Ibbotson. Cardiff City are notably pointing fingers at the role and responsibility of intermediary Willie McKay, whose son Mark had acquired the mandate from FC Nantes to sell Sala.

“It would appear that intermediaries, first and foremost Willie McKay, were actively involved at all stages in the transfer of Emiliano Sala, despite the fact that they did not have an agent licence. FC Nantes and its representatives were complicit in this offence by deliberately having relations with intermediaries who they knew were involved illegally,” Mr Vey adds.

Mr Vey also suspects “the existence of hidden commissions and sub-commissions that were paid to different parties.”

Finally, Vey and his team are looking at involuntary manslaughter on the part of FC Nantes: “If it emerges that FC Nantes representatives were not only informed of the flight but also of the fact that Willie McKay chartered flights without authorisation, they could be accused of manslaughter and being complicit in this crime.”

Cardiff City showing no amount of sensitivity, with the anniversary of Emiliano Sala’s death occurring just last week.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:47 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Pay them the money.

That was an ironic statement made right at the end of the book. The author Harry Harris speculates that after the amazing circumstances of Sala's transfer saga nothing would surprise him.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:47 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:

Bold but very tasteless move in my eyes, embarrassing really.

Terrible taste :cry:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BroBlue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:49 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Pay them the money.

Damn I think I really want to read this now, been in the mood for a good adventure novel recently.
Disclaimer, I am a Jack, my Bro was a Bluebird. He's gone now, but I like to keep tabs on his team. I LOVE betting.
BroBlue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:56 pm

I agree that the involuntary manslaughter is down to the agents, but Nantes were vicarious liable and therefore negligent under French law because a contract existed between them and Mark McKay with regard to the Sala transfer.

The actions of agents acting on behalf of Nantes caused financial damage to CCFC and rightly we should seek compensation.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby maccydee » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Pay them the money.

If it was your money I bet you would be saying differently.
maccydee

Re: UPDATED: ‘ Cardiff Accuse Nantes FC of Manslaughter ‘

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:00 pm

I’m not surprised that it’s come to this,,, after all,,, numerous agents involved, the Mafia, secret plane owners,,, it’s like something out of a James Bond film. The sad facts are a young man and a pilot were killed,,,. How long before the Investigations become a man slaughter investigation?
RICK+CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I agree that the involuntary manslaughter is down to the agents, but Nantes were vicarious liable and therefore negligent under French law because a contract existed between them and Mark McKay with regard to the Sala transfer.

The actions of agents acting on behalf of Nantes caused financial damage to CCFC and rightly we should seek compensation.

Wez we must remember french law us different to ours so city doing what they are legally entitled to do if they have just cause? No one knows the facts behind this move so it's wrong for anyone to criticise club! If this proves city were right then all the people who've slated city will be saying well done for getting to the truth
pembroke allan

Postby fred keenor » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:04 pm

No surprises here , it is 15 million after all and the club is behaving as any business would, probably fuelled by our insurance company.
Hopefully both parties can agree a settlement figure for Sala and then pass the rightful figures to his family.
Not too sure how this will go down in the press though.
fred keenor

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:07 pm

Ok then Tony,

Cardiff need to make up their mind as one minute Sala was our player then we filed he was not our player and City say they stand by that even though they never proved that.
If Sala was not our player, it’s not for us to file then.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Logie » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:15 pm

Whole deal sounds like some Nigerian email scam, but if Nantes are at fault then good on Cardiff.

Just hope they got the evidence to back up the claim otherwise the club will have even more egg on their face.
Logie

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Ok then Tony,

Cardiff need to make up their mind as one minute Sala was our player then we filed he was not our player and City say they stand by that even though they never proved that.
If Sala was not our player, it’s not for us to file then.

Maybe it's a procedural thing that city need to do within certain time? We really dont know what is behind this latest turn but you can be sure there is a reason? or are we saying city are just procrastinating and doing it for fun?
pembroke allan

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:29 pm

I also wouldn’t be at all surprised if international private investigators were Had been hired by our club to look into this can of worms of a deal.
RICK+CCFC

Postby grange_end1927 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:34 pm

What a f*cking mess and more shite, utter garbage
grange_end1927

Postby arri potta » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:35 pm

can see a transfer embargo coming our way!
arri potta

Postby Blueman39 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Looks bad but as said, French law is different to ours.
Just hope his parents and family don’t get dragged down even more by this mess.
Blueman39

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:54 pm

arri potta wrote:can see a transfer embargo coming our way!

Come on we've had this discussion before it wont happen as if city lose at CAS, we will pay as that is binding judgement.. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby epping blue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 pm

I've said from the early days that Nantes could unwittingly responsible for the flight. They contracted the agent ( technically ) and he provided the flight to Sala free of charge. The flight can only have been paid from the Mackays remuneration from the deal. Nantes may not have known it, but they were paying for the flight.

As with these things there's muddy water up to our knees. A service / company we've used regularly could leave Nantes claiming that they thought we have done our diligence and it should be ok. Clearly we hadn't. Mackays son, at the time an employee of Cardiff in the arrangement mix is another issue. They could argue that Sala thought we were part of the flight arrangements.
epping blue

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:32 pm

To do something like this over something that’s such high profile you’d have to believe that they don’t have any fear of losing and they have some damning evidence.

On the other hand has Vincent Tan won a legal battle since he’s been here?

If there just clutching at straws doing something like this then they’ve sank so low there’s no saving them from drowning.
Llan_Blue

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:37 pm

People need to read the full city statement before having a go at them! The op as used a french paper, Wales online as got full city statement and it explains reason behind this move! And as you would expect it tells slightly different version of why city are doing what they are that's In french paper..
pembroke allan

Next

Return to General Chat