Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THE SEASON OVER ????????

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:42 am

I think it is unless we win the next three in a row, then there could be a slight chance?

Re: IS THE SEASON OVER ????????

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:07 am

I don't think so mate personally, the next 6 are big for me, if we can stay within 6-8 points of the play offs hopefully less we then go into the last 10 games with a chance and anything can happen in the run in, however we need a strong return from the next 6 and looking at the fixtures I would hope for no less than 12 points minimum which should keep us in touch.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:13 am

Updated :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:14 am

Sat 8th Feb Luton Town A. Away Support (1,025 Sold out)

Wed 12th Feb Huddersfield Town A

Sat 15th Feb Wigan Athletic H

Sat 22nd Feb Stoke City A

Tue 25th Feb Nottingham Forest H Live on Sky :bluebird:

Sat 29th Feb Brentford H

Sat 7th Mar Barnsley A

Sunday 15th Mar 1pm Leeds United H (Police request)

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:19 am

In terms of possible promotion - unquestionably!!!!

:( :( :( :(

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:20 am

Bluebina wrote:I think it is unless we win the next three in a row, then there could be a slight chance?

ive seen clubs hit the sort of form { including ourselves once or twice } that would put us in the play offs. so its not impossible and all the draws do give us a base to work off..its not like we lose every week and the players confidence is shot they probably { I hope } feel a bit unlucky . need to star to close that gap pronto though.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:31 am

It's February 6th

Have you checked how many points are available?

Only our fans would make doom and gloom statements

I believe Harris has lost just 3 league games

Let's see how team performs with new players first

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:40 am

Bluebina wrote:I think it is unless we win the next three in a row, then there could be a slight chance?

Think that will be decided over the next 4 games. 4 teams in the bottom 5. We need to win at least 3 of them to stand any chance of keeping in touching distance of the top 6.

We will probably win 1, draw 2 and lose 1. Seems to be our form this season.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:55 am

Nothing is Impossible,,,, however, one could argue that our season was over before a ball was kicked last August.

That, I'm sure, will be well debated, come 14.30 on the 2nd of May.

Personally, I dont think we will finish any higher in the Championship than we currently are,,, I hope I'm wrong, but Ill give you my general reasons as to why;

1. The squad simply isn't good enough, defensively, midfield, & most defiantly up front with our current strike force.

2. Neil Harris has got to be given, not only adequate time, but the resources to improve the squad, & that's not going to happen until at least next Summer. I dont think any decent manager could do a lot more with the current squad that he's inherited from Neil Warnock, & in my opinion, only a complete & utter clear out & rebuild is what is totally required,,, & that's going to cost money. Will he be given the necessary amount of funding to do so,,, I wonder?

3. My Perceived lack of interest from our owner, Vincent Tan, & the current feeling of general apathy lingering from the higher echelons of our club,,, apathy that has filtered down to the very core of our fanbase. We are Not as One.

4. The Emilio Sala situation. I dont think our club can ever Really move on until this situation is finally sorted, & concluded. Added to this is the re-emergence of Sam Hamman, & another ex director,,, with possible court cases in the future,,, all this adding to the general feeling of negativity & uncertainty at Cardiff City FC.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:56 am

9 wins from 16 and some draws would at least put us in the conversation.. is it likely? no. but its possible.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:23 am

:bluebird: “ SO MANY WINNABLE GAMES / SO MANY POINTS TO PLAY FOR “ :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat 8th Feb Luton Town A. Away Support (1,025 Sold out)

Wed 12th Feb Huddersfield Town A

Sat 15th Feb Wigan Athletic H

Sat 22nd Feb Stoke City A

Tue 25th Feb Nottingham Forest H Live on Sky :bluebird:

Sat 29th Feb Brentford H

Sat 7th Mar Barnsley A

Sunday 15th Mar 1pm Leeds United H (Police request)

Tue 17th Mar Preston North End A

Sat 21st Mar Charlton Athletic H

Sat 4th Apr Bristol City A

Fri 10th Apr Blackburn Rovers H

Mon 13th Apr Fulham A

Sat 18th Apr Derby County H

Sat 25th Apr Middlesbrough A

Sat 2nd May Hull City H

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:05 am

RV Casual wrote:I don't think so mate personally, the next 6 are big for me, if we can stay within 6-8 points of the play offs hopefully less we then go into the last 10 games with a chance and anything can happen in the run in, however we need a strong return from the next 6 and looking at the fixtures I would hope for no less than 12 points minimum which should keep us in touch.

I hadn't checked the fixture list before posting, but if you wanted to go on a run and could ask the league for your own fixtures it would be the first four games, so let's see where we are after them :thumbup:

It's good to see so many fans are still positive in this thread, maybe there is still time for the playoffs after all :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:25 am

My opinion is Yes it is over

It will just end mid table and the crowds dwindle away

Years ago we would still have the Welsh cup lol

I hope I'm wrong

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:45 am

Yes it’s over. Glass half empty. Lack of ambition by the club over the summer, on appointment of Harris and in January.

A similar lack of ambition in the summer will see us again struggling to put away teams next season.

A complete clean sweep is needed with emphasis on pass and move football on the deck at pace and utilising youth.

Harris should give some of the youngsters serious game time in the remaining games of the season.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:04 pm

It looks like we are going to need at least 76 points, there are too many team in contention to be lower. We have 43, that 33 point over 16 games (2.06 points per game).

If we replicate our time with Harris and only lose 2 games it means we have to win 9 games and draw 5 and that leaves us close at 75 points.

Probably need to win 10 out of the 16 left with a few draws scattered, that is tough but do-able. But needs to start on Saturday.

We are at the back of the leading group, we could be dumped from that top 12 if we don't win on Saturday.

IMO all is not lost if we don't win our next two, as we then have time to have a look at the kids in championship games without much to play for.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Nowhere near over yet. We do however need to make the most of our next 6 fixtures and pick up at least 12 points from them.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:41 pm

For me need to win 10-12 games will we manage it tho prob not

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:01 pm

Mathematically it isn't season over,Aston Villa had exactly the same number of points as us after 30 games last season and went on to win 10 of their last 16 games to get into the playoffs and go up. They were actually threatening automatic promotion at one point till two late defeats did for them.

Can we do the same absolutely not. Villa had a good team Jack Grealish ,Tammy Abraham etc that was underachieving and suddenly started playing to their ability. Our team is not underachieving we are mid table because the is all we are capable of we are just not very good and nothing is going to change that. Harris is doing an adequate job with the players he has. Given the amount of money Warnock spent we should be better but aren't.

Pleases don't let the happy clappys give you false hope it mid table for us and next season you might be glad of mid table. I hope Harris gives a few mote of our youth players a go in the hope that their might be a bit of talent there.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:20 pm

7 points off the play offs with 5 teams ahead of us. We will have to start winning every game (unlikely) and hope hope that the 5 teams above us go on a losing run. For both of those things to happen - it will require a new style of play with new players. Maybe the new loan / signings can make that happen, the next 5 games or so will show us if it's possible. Hope it is - but been too many times round the block....a ll the teams above us will be doing the same thing. So top 10 finish at best I think

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:12 pm

It ain't over till it's over but it feels over.
I am seriously worried we will be in a similar or worse situation in e years time unless dramatic changes are put in place.
I don't look at Harris and consider him to be a winner and probably never win.
Something feels wrong at the club right now and he is a major part of it

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:50 pm

Play-offs are on?

NEIL HARRIS:

"Definitely. That’s the clear message to the players. It’s about finding that consistent level of performance. It’s about winning games of football. It’s about delivering and a run of wins will push us into the top six. We are always close, almost there, but three games in a week gives you that opportunity to close the gap."

Harris

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:57 pm

I think it's over as while not Impossible, it's unlikely as City have so underperformed this season and I cant see how it will improve with the current squad.
Would anyone put money on it because I certainly would not :bluebird:

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:53 pm

Harris has basically said he’s looking at next season so why should we think anything different

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:08 pm

If we repeat Harris's first 16 results over the last 16 games of the season (6 wins, 8 draws, 2 defeats) we'll end up on 69 points which will be nowhere near enough to get a play off place.

Realistically yes, the season's over.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Probably as I think 7 points is too much of a gap...we need to hit one heck of a run of wins ...can’t see it

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:09 pm

Our leader has admitted season over

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:00 pm

Yep

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 pm

I think your right on both points .

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:39 am

[quote="paulh_85"]9 wins from 16 and some draws would at least put us in the conversation.. is it likely? no. but its possible.[/quote

As you say not likely,but possible,I keep getting reminded about leicester winning the title! Strange things happen in football,and more so in this league than any other imho.the season always throws up the unexpected in the championship, look how the 10 pt gap to third has shrunk to 4 pts :shock: will leeds have their usual collapse? Who knows,so in answer to th op's question,for me the season is not over,but my expectations are firmly in check,let's hoe Adomah can supply the decent balls into the box,and chip in with a few himself,he is only a loan,which I am happy with,we haven't blown a big sum of money,which in my eyes is good,as january is a bitch of a window to find what you require,who may/not be good fit.the other two,we must hope turn out to be good for us.I don't understand posters who want Harris out,because aren't we higher up the table now? He has to be given time,I've seen Annis has said he gives his opinion after 12 games for a new manager,and it's clear he doesn't like/rate Harris, but after twelve games with Warnock at the helm this year, I didn't see him(Warnock ) being torn to bits,because how many games did we lose in his first twelve (NW)?I don't recall all of his many,many interviews/quotes being spread on here like what is happening with Harris, I don't like it,but I respect the fact that it's their right to have an opinion too. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:54 am

Quite simply need to turn draws to wins , next 4 games looking at table if we want to make play offs then we need to win all 4 but 3 are away so I guess we will know by end of February.

Being unbeaten but drawing 4 is no good to anyone ! We need wins! :bluescarf: