IS THE SEASON OVER ????????

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IS THE SEASON OVER ????????

Postby warnocksbarmyarmy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:10 am

I do think I we win a couple the confidence would improve and we could very easily go on a run and possibly make the playoffs. Do I think that’s likely? Honestly not really. I’m concerned that when we do have a good win like West Brom or Sheffield wed away we have a bad performance or result straight after. I don’t think Harris is a bad manager but I don’t think he’s good either. I can’t ever see a promotion under him. I think he’s better than slade but he’s no warnock I’m his prime. If he was just steadying the ship till the end of the season and then we would change for next year that would be fine but I find it hard to get excited for next year. Also milwalls form and results since he left is a bit of a concern!
warnocksbarmyarmy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby dazza » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:15 pm

The season was over when the summer transfer window closed, we didn't replace Ried and we didn't sign the quality midfielder we needed. That's when I knew we wouldn't make the playoffs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, its going to be years before we challenge for promotion to the premier league again.
dazza

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:20 pm

dazza wrote:The season was over when the summer transfer window closed, we didn't replace Ried and we didn't sign the quality midfielder we needed. That's when I knew we wouldn't make the playoffs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, its going to be years before we challenge for promotion to the premier league again.

Same here. Looked at the squads in this league, and thought a top ten finish would be as good as we could hope for. I still think it is just about achievable, but we need to improve if we are to get there.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:40 pm

dazza wrote:The season was over when the summer transfer window closed, we didn't replace Ried and we didn't sign the quality midfielder we needed. That's when I knew we wouldn't make the playoffs.

it wasn't just Reid..
our team last season wasn't good enough for the prem { clearly as nobody wanted any of them }
but would have been a really good championship team.. we lost far too many and the replacements were inadequate..quality midfield player =- Camarasa.. how much ?
dogfound

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Well bristol... A team flying of late... Just got battered at home to Birmingham!

Win tomorrow and the gaps only 4 points
paulh_85

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Well bristol... A team flying of late... Just got battered at home to Birmingham!

Assuming every team above us are going to lose are you? :lol: love this forum
BarryWelsh88

Postby dogfound » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:33 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Well bristol... A team flying of late... Just got battered at home to Birmingham!

if we win tomorrow it will be 4 points behind play offs no matter who wins, draws or loses.
dogfound

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:38 pm

Not the point I was trying it make :lol:
BarryWelsh88

Postby dogfound » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:42 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Not the point I was trying it make :lol:

shoot first asked questions later
dogfound

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:

Oh dear .. you've had a mare here
paulh_85

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:03 pm

Not as much a mare as those hanging on to the playoff dream ;)
BarryWelsh88

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:04 pm

I’d take over 900 posts and only saying 1 silly thing mind...
BarryWelsh88

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:03 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Not as much a mare as those hanging on to the playoff dream ;)

In that case,if we do get promoted,don't f@cking celebrate with those that remain hopeful will you! You seem to take displeasure that some of your "fellow" fans have hope,give it a rest,we know your feelings by now! :roll: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby plymouthbloobirds » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:28 am

Yes, the scoucers have probably wrapped it up, So any other team in the prem. YES. "ITS OVER"
Any other league. NO pmsl. Its only early FEB ffs. what stupid question lol. Is this a wind up from a jack? or weeds fan ffs?
plymouthbloobirds

Postby plymouthbloobirds » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:42 am

Defo a wind up lol, judgiing bye his spelling and puctuatoin. WOW PMSL But a great efort nun the less. NOW f**k OFF :bluescarf: :wave:
Unless your a jack that supports the scoucers? Then its obvious, Liverpool fans, season over CHAMPS PREM, jacks CAMPIONSHIP at best and still will have a crap attendance. anyone else........of course its not :bluebird:
plymouthbloobirds

Postby plymouthbloobirds » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:46 am

WOW. how embarrassing that this post even getting a response from cardiff city fans. Is this roathy?
plymouthbloobirds

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:38 pm

Well there is the 1st WIN ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 am

dogfound wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:Not the point I was trying it make :lol:

shoot first asked questions later

He says assuming every team lose ect ect its pointed out if city win they go 4 points away from playoffs regardless of results and he says it's not his point love to know what is his point? Other than we got no chance of playoffs? But then he can't say any different
now as hes probably got a 1k bet on us not reaching playoffs! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:13 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Well there is the 1st WIN ;)

:thumbup: Things change very quickly, but that is the first one and we have three really good games coming up :thumbup:

We were due a bit of luck, and I feel we had a large slice yesterday, narrow shot wide, a airshot in the box that was easier to score from, the end keeper and defender can't remember which one both left it almost for the striker to nip in, and finally, Smithies could have given away a penalty when he went for a ball and the striker tripped over his arm.

You can see why they are bottom of the league they don't take their chances, but they created quite a few!
Bluebina

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:45 pm

Make that 2 WINS In a row ..... :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Foghorn65 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 pm

On a roll...to the auto promo spots :)
Foghorn65

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 am

Foghorn65 wrote:On a roll...to the auto promo spots :)

Dream scenario: take 2nd on last day of season,taking the place of Leeds, who are again condemned to the play off lottery, along with swansea,who then both lose their semis, to be left shattered, and another season in the championship! ! Whilst we celebrate outside the castle (again!) I am writing this with hands tied behind my back (bloody backwards fitting jacket they have given me!) C'mon city let's do it!! :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby dogfound » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:19 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Foghorn65 wrote:On a roll...to the auto promo spots :)

Dream scenario: take 2nd on last day of season,taking the place of Leeds, who are again condemned to the play off lottery, along with swansea,who then both lose their semis, to be left shattered, and another season in the championship! ! Whilst we celebrate outside the castle (again!) I am writing this with hands tied behind my back (bloody backwards fitting jacket they have given me!) C'mon city let's do it!! :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

hope your wrong about the Leeds bit I got 30 quid on them not making the top 6..and its looking better every game that goes by..
dogfound

Postby Bluebina » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:42 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Make that 2 WINS In a row ..... :bluebird:

It certainly isn't over now!!!

That was a great win, and we really hit some form yesterday, they are a decent team and we made them look like donkey's and kept another clean sheet!!!

A few teams in and around us also on good form, Bristol, Brentford, Fulham, Forrest, WBA, Preston and Blackburn, we need to keep winning to close the gaps, but have two good games on paper coming up, and are in good form and confident :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/cham ... form-guide
Bluebina

Postby Foghorn65 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:31 am

Close amongst top 8 teams. WBA aside, next 7 teams separated by only 7 points.
Interesting matches this Saturday.
After we beat Wigan we'll have 52.
A draw Leeds (57) v Brizzle (54).
Fulham win (59).
Brentford to draw (55).
Preston draw (54).
WBA (63) draw Forest (55).
Getting tighter :)
Foghorn65

Postby Bluebina » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:18 am

Bluebina wrote:I think it is unless we win the next three in a row, then there could be a slight chance?

Is the season over ????

It is for the tramps 21st on recent form :laughing6:

Slip sliding away :laughing5: :wave:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/cham ... guide/four
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:05 am

plymouthbloobirds wrote:WOW. how embarrassing that this post even getting a response from cardiff city fans. Is this roathy?

What you think we will storm the playoffs???

I would say 25% chance at the moment, Tomlin will be a big loss, he was the main reason for our recent good form!

Lets see what happens this week!
Bluebina

Postby T1JMO » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Season is basically over - even draws aren't good enough now. 3 wins in a row won't cut it, we need more like 5-6 in a row to get back into contention... can't see that happening with how poor we were Saturday.
T1JMO

Postby montyblue » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Sadly its looking bleak workout now without tomlin, and our miserable january window showed no ambition for a push for a play off spot 2 defenders who have not played any football and a winger who could not get in the Forest team, and what we have on the bench cannot turn any games around .
Fans cannot do anything about the situation only mr tan can alter things, but even he cannot do anything more for this season,
and if there is no invesment in the summer and we are at the mercy of whether mr tan wants to stump up a lot of funds or not ,and if the later i hope he sells and lets someone hopefully who wants to take on cardiff city and invest in a decent sqaud with an ambition to take us to the top like the wolves vision for the future which has worked well for them
i dread to thing what the attendances will be next season .
montyblue

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:02 am

Bluebina wrote:I think it is unless we win the next three in a row, then there could be a slight chance?

It is now !!!
Bluebina

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat