Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Huddersfield Town v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:00 pm

Huddersfield Town win
9%
Cardiff City win
50%
Draw
41%

Total votes : 56

MATCH THREA " HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREA

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:00 pm

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY
Wednesday 12th February, 7.45pm
Sky Bet Championship
Kirklees Stadium

Alex Smithies,Jazz Richards,Sean Morrison,Curtis Nelson,Joe Bennett,Marlon Pack
Will Vaulks,Albert Adomah,Josh Murphy,Lee Tomlin, Callum Paterson

Subs: Neil Etheridge, Aden Flint,Leandro Bacuna,Gavin Whyte
Junior Hoilett, Danny Ward, Robert Glatzel

250 tickets CCFC sold, buts it’s pay on the night :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Pay on the night :thumbright:

2,500 allocation :ayatollah:

Both teams won their matches at the weekend :thumbright:

TEAM NEWS: :bluebird:

NEIL HARRIS:

"Joe Ralls still not back in the training group. So no rush, but we want him back in as soon as possible. Isaac Vassell doing really well with his rehab recovery."

New Signing Albert Adomah is expected to start again for the Bluebirds :bluebird:

Dion Sanders will be travelling again with the City squad.

Connolly, Vassell , Greg Cunningham and Mendez-Laing are all out

Brad Smith not fit yet.

I can't get to Kirklees Stadium, is the match on TV?

Yes, the match is live on Sky Sports Red Button.

About Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town Association Football Club is a professional football club in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England, which competes in the Championship.

Huddersfield became the first English club to win three successive English League titles in 1926, a feat which only three other clubs have matched. The first two league titles were won under legendary manager and pioneer Herbert Chapman, who also led the club to an FA Cup win in 1922. In the late 1950s the club was managed by Bill Shankly and featured Denis Law and Ray Wilson. Following relegation from the First Division in 1972, Huddersfield spent 45 years in the second, third and fourth tiers of English football, before returning to the top flight in 2017. They were relegated back to the Championship at the end of the 2018–19 season.

Previous Meeting

We beat Huddersfield 2-1 in August.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Huddersfield Town: Lossl, Simpson, Stearman, Schindler, Toffolo, Hogg, O'Brien, Kachunga, Rowe, Bacuna, Mounie

Cardiff City: Smithies, Richards, Nelson, Morrison, Bennett, Vaulks, Pack, Murphy, Adomah, Tomlin, Paterson

Form - Last Three Games   

Huddersfield Town 2-0 Queens Park Rangers
Fulham 3-2 Huddersfield Town
Hull City 1-2 Huddersfield Town

Luton Town 0-1 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 3-3 Reading
Cardiff City 1-1 Reading

Match Odds

Huddersfield Town - 7/5
Cardiff City - 2/1
Draw - 11/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:

Re: LATEST NEWS " HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH T

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:12 pm

Connolly, Vassell , Greg Cunningham and Mendez-Laing are all out

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:13 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:14 pm

1-4 Cardiff

Everything has come together and our style of football has changed so much I think this will be the one where we finally put someone to the sword.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Terriers 3 Bluebirds 2

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:07 pm

We are on a season winning streak

Re: TEAM NEWS " HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THR

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:51 am

TEAM NEWS: :bluebird:

New Signing Albert Adomah is expected to start again for the Bluebirds :bluebird:

Dion Sanders and Brad Smiith will be travelling again with the City squad.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:TEAM NEWS: :bluebird:

Recent Form, next three games, Wigan and Stoke above us, Huddersfield below.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/cham ... form-guide

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:TEAM NEWS: :bluebird:

Recent Form, next three games, Wigan and Stoke above us, Huddersfield below.

Sorry the link didn't copy correctly, here it is;

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Game could be off due to snow.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:29 pm

In 1924 we were 1st Division(now Premier League) Runners up to Winners Huddersfield Town. We would have won the League if we had won instead of drawn our last game.My Grandfather supported City in those days, he also went to Wembley in 1927! Those were the days my friends!

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:27 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:In 1924 we were 1st Division(now Premier League) Runners up to Winners Huddersfield Town. We would have won the League if we had won instead of drawn our last game.My Grandfather supported City in those days, he also went to Wembley in 1927! Those were the days my friends!

Am I right in thinking we drew that game away to Birmingham 1-1 and also missed a penalty?

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Yes if we had scored the penalty we would have won the league

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:56 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:In 1924 we were 1st Division(now Premier League) Runners up to Winners Huddersfield Town. We would have won the League if we had won instead of drawn our last game.My Grandfather supported City in those days, he also went to Wembley in 1927! Those were the days my friends!

Am I right in thinking we drew that game away to Birmingham 1-1 and also missed a penalty?

Looked it up and yes we drew with Brum and missed a penalty and lost out to Huddersfield on goal average only! Reached two Cup Finals , winning in 1927 and also won the Charity Shield in the same year, Golden days!

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:29 pm

1-1....think we may have to settle for a point

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:01 am

Sadly we haven't come remotely near emulating that decade ever since.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 am

Hope they give plenty of notice if it's off.

2-2 if played.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:42 am

Team news:

NEIL HARRIS:

"Joe Ralls still not back in the training group. So no rush, but we want him back in as soon as possible. Isaac Vassell doing really well with his rehab recovery."

Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:58 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

Looked it up and yes we drew with Brum and missed a penalty and lost out to Huddersfield on goal average only! Reached two Cup Finals , winning in 1927 and also won the Charity Shield in the same year, Golden days!

it was that close that the goal from the penalty would have won us the league let alone the extra point from winning. I think it was towards the end of the game as well. Under current rules we would have won the league because our goal diff was the same but we scored more. That's the luck of the Bluebirds for you!

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:42 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

it was that close that the goal from the penalty would have won us the league let alone the extra point from winning. I think it was towards the end of the game as well. Under current rules we would have won the league because our goal diff was the same but we scored more. That's the luck of the Bluebirds for you!

I once owned a video on the history of CCFC and it said we lost the league by 0.024 of a goal (it was calculated differently back then), which is the closest ever margin of defeat. It also said that under today’s rules we would have won as you have correctly pointed out.

The season after (1925) it said “a tragic mistake by Harry Wake led to the goal that cost Cardiff the cup that year.” At least we put that one straight two years later. :lol:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:44 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

Thanks! I got told that in the pub prior to a game last season, but had never checked the info.

Semi finalists in 1921 as well, like you say, golden years. :thumbup:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 pm

250 tickets CCFC sold, buts it’s pay on the night :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:55 am

The early Huddersfield Town vs Cardiff City team news

The Bluebirds travel up to Huddersfield for tonight's midweek Championship fixtures, however a couple of players will not be with the squad

Cardiff City fans will have to wait for new signing Brad Smith's debut, with the left back having not travelled with the squad up to Huddersfield.

Smith was one of three signings to be brought in by Cardiff in the final two days of the transfer window, however he did not make the trip to Luton Town last Saturday.

Neil Harris revealed the Australia international played a behind-closed-doors friendly last week in which he clocked up roughly an hour's worth of game time, but he is still not ready for first-team action.

Last night he turned out for the Bluebirds' under-23s side against Bristol City as Harris tries to build up the player's match fitness, not wanting to rush him into the first-team fray.

It is thought the club are being cautious owing to the player's lack of game time since rejoining Bournemouth back in November. After last night's outing, Harris plans to involve him in the first team, so he might come into contention for Wigan this weekend.

Elsewhere, though, Dion Sanderson is once again in the mix to make his Bluebirds bow.

The Wolves loanee travelled to Kenilworth Road last weekend, but Harris opted for an extremely attacking bench, which comprised two wingers and two strikers, meaning the right back missed out on the match-day 18.

In more frustrating news, however, Joe Ralls will still not be fit enough for tonight's encounter.

Ralls has endured a torrid few months with injury, starting just one game since Harris took over back in November.

He has suffered a broken hand, which sidelined him after the Leeds game in December, and his most recent issue, a problem with his glute muscle, has kept him out of the last couple of matches.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:45 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:41 am

0-0.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:39 am

Heart says 0-2 Cardiff. Head says another 1-1 draw.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:28 am

1-1 i think, id take that too

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:40 pm

I agree with 1-1, if we can get a win that would be a great result.

Something in the back of my mind thinks I went to Huddersfield once many years ago and they called off the game literally as we arrived.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:59 pm

What are the odds?

Huddersfield Town win - 7/5

Draw - 11/5

Cardiff City win - 21/10

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:54 pm

Hope Jazz Richards isn’t playing tonight