Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Recent Form, Wigan and Stoke above us

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Recent Form, Wigan and Stoke above us, Huddersfield below, and Luton are rock bottom.

It just goes to prove there are no easy games in the Championship !!!

WBA below us and Leeds having a shocker, Brentford are flying Forrest doing well!

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/cham ... form-guide

Re: Recent Form, Wigan and Stoke above us

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Bluebina wrote:Recent Form, Wigan and Stoke above us, Huddersfield below, and Luton are rock bottom.

WBA below us and Leeds having a shocker, Brentford are flying Forrest doing well!

Hopefully, we can move up here over the next three games at least. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:54 pm

Blows the easy 9 point theory

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:04 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Blows the easy 9 point theory

People say it's worse championship in years based on we are crap and our position proves it? It's not called the most competitive league in Europe for nothing! What it is proving is no team can get on a run of wins because any team can beat anyone else home or away . :old:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

People say it's worse championship in years based on we are crap and our position proves it? It's not called the most competitive league in Europe for nothing! What it is proving is no team can get on a run of wins because any team can beat anyone else home or away . :old:

That's said every year but this time I actually believe it, not been this bad since Malky promotion season.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

That's said every year but this time I actually believe it, not been this bad since Malky promotion season.

Not sure how it's worse as there are more higher quality players than ever playing in championship! Suppose it's a matter of perception but there are far more ex premier clubs than not in championship these days

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I believe it's the worst championship in many years as I cant see a stand out team like there usually is, and the league is so close it proves the point.
The City side of 2017-18 would be well clear this season :bluebird:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not sure how it's worse as there are more higher quality players than ever playing in championship! Suppose it's a matter of perception but there are far more ex premier clubs than not in championship these days

I also think the premier league is the weakest it's been for a long long time.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

People always say this, the last time we went up Wolves were the only decent team and we gave them a good run for their money. It’s just as competitive as ever, plenty of quality about. Saw plenty of dross here last season too, West Ham, Burnley, saints, Bournemouth, bha....nothing special at all.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:54 pm

1992 we had the introduction of the Sky premier league. Super Sunday etc,etc. No offence to the current crop...Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton. Past super teams...Oldham err what?. Fair does we've been financially brain washed. Premiership. Dont make me laugh. 6/7 big trans. Rest feed off the scraps

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:00 pm

goats wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

People always say this, the last time we went up Wolves were the only decent team and we gave them a good run for their money. It’s just as competitive as ever, plenty of quality about. Saw plenty of dross here last season too, West Ham, Burnley, saints, Bournemouth, bha....nothing special at all.

Last team to run away with league was Newcastle I think and even then wasn't until late in season they pulled away? Other than that it is always a close league regardless whether people think its poorer now than previous years! Playing styles change so hard to compere previous seasons

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:26 pm

Bluebina wrote:Recent Form, Wigan and Stoke above us, Huddersfield below, and Luton are rock bottom.

;) :thumbup:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:26 am

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Agree the championship has become a league full of exciting prospects and players with great experience and skills goalscorers keepers etc that are either not quite prem level any more but more than capable at this level. Or exciting talents who are destined for better things that has made this league exciting. I dont think its weaker but more competitive. Which is why I tend to watch these games over a prem game if both on sky same time

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:44 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Agree the championship has become a league full of exciting prospects and players with great experience and skills goalscorers keepers etc that are either not quite prem level any more but more than capable at this level. Or exciting talents who are destined for better things that has made this league exciting. I dont think its weaker but more competitive. Which is why I tend to watch these games over a prem game if both on sky same time

I agree, I believe football advances every year and the Championship and Premier League is better every year!

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 am

Wigan now below us, we need a win tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
goats wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Last team to run away with league was Newcastle I think and even then wasn't until late in season they pulled away? Other than that it is always a close league regardless whether people think its poorer now than previous years! Playing styles change so hard to compere previous seasons

its said every year mate.. it don't make an ounce of sense to me.. it certainly shouldn't be getting weaker the amount of money the clubs are forking out.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:26 am

Bluebina wrote:

Wigan now below us, we need a win tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We got the win :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We are now a solid 5th on the recent form table ahead of both Wigan and Stoke, we're now back in within striking distance of the playoffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 am

We've slowly been improving all season while other teams have been yo-yoing up and down. Only lost 7 all season - if we keep that up and start adding some goals.. we could be well in the mix come April