Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff City New Signing Not fit & Harris Cautious ‘

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:07 am

Cardiff City fans will have to wait for new signing Brad Smith's debut, with the left back having not travelled with the squad up to Huddersfield.

Smith was one of three signings to be brought in by Cardiff in the final two days of the transfer window, however he did not make the trip to Luton Town last Saturday.

Neil Harris revealed the Australia international played a behind-closed-doors friendly last week in which he clocked up roughly an hour's worth of game time, but he is still not ready for first-team action and will need a couple more weeks to be fully match fit.

Last night he turned out for the Bluebirds' under-23s side against Bristol City as Harris tries to build up the player's match fitness, not wanting to rush him into the first-team fray.

Harris is being cautious owing to the player's lack of game time since rejoining Bournemouth back in November. After last night's outing, Harris plans to involve him in the first team, so he might come into contention for a substitution place against Wigan.

So with Mendez-Laing, Connolly & Vassell long term injuries and Ralls still not recovered yet, Harris is struggling with numbers.

Ralls has endured a torrid few months with injury, starting just one game since Harris took over back in November.

He has suffered a broken hand, which sidelined him after the Leeds game in December, and his most recent issue, a problem with his glute muscle, has kept him out of the last couple of matches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City New Signing Not fit & Harris Cautious ‘

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:39 am

Maybe one day we'll sign someone who is actually fit. That would be a shock.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 am

Well I hope Bournemouth are still paying his wages. If not, I cant believe we have signed someone to get him match fit for another club. By the time he comes into contention there will only be about 10 or 11 games left..

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 am

JJ1927 wrote:Well I hope Bournemouth are still paying his wages. If not, I cant believe we have signed someone to get him match fit for another club. By the time he comes into contention there will only be about 10 or 11 games left..

I agree it's like turning up to an interview with nothing prepared

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:10 am

I can’t believe we signed a totally unfit loan player with all the injuries we have.

Smith might be a class player but we will be lucky to see the best of him by March.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:I can’t believe we signed a totally unfit loan player with all the injuries we have.

Smith might be a class player but we will be lucky to see the best of him by March.

Agree crazy

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:07 am

NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I can’t believe we signed a totally unfit loan player with all the injuries we have.

Agree crazy

I think I read hes on a free in the summer. Maybe he wants to take a look at him as an option for next season.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:33 am

Considering how frugal we can be when it comes to signing players - we don't half waste some money. Hope Bournemouth are covering his wages..

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:42 am

DanielHuwLewis wrote:Considering how frugal we can be when it comes to signing players - we don't half waste some money. Hope Bournemouth are covering his wages..

We are paying 50% of his wages.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:43 am

And just how many fit and firing left backs do you bunch of grizzlers know.Next time let the gaffer know please, :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:44 am

2blue2handle wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:

Agree crazy

I think I read hes on a free in the summer. Maybe he wants to take a look at him as an option for next season.

Luke,

We needed strength in depth now / yest in January, We have a massive chance of the play offs and that could earn us a fortune in just getting there and then who knows.

Our squad is small if you include all the injuries and suspensions that will come our way.

Even Harris had stated we have nearly 2games a week .

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:55 am

Fit enough to play 90 mins for the u23s last night

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:48 am

I wish people wouldn’t overreact..an hour last week, a full 90 mins for the u23’s last night and expected to be part of the the match day squad on Saturday

He’s obviously just not “match fit” as he hasn’t played much recently.. it’s not as if we have signed a crock who won’t be available for 4/5 weeks

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:55 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I wish people wouldn’t overreact..an hour last week, a full 90 mins for the u23’s last night and expected to be part of the the match day squad on Saturday

He’s obviously just not “match fit” as he hasn’t played much recently.. it’s not as if we have signed a crock who won’t be available for 4/5 weeks

At last someone who agrees with me!

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:10 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I wish people wouldn’t overreact..an hour last week, a full 90 mins for the u23’s last night and expected to be part of the the match day squad on Saturday

And since we’ve signed him we’ve won 2 and drawn 1 of our a League games so it’s not as if we’ve missed him.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 pm

As.much as I love our club, Cardiff are just becoming a laughing stock of MUPPETS
It starting to bet embarrassing with all these great signings.
Got more chance of using a blind man and his dog doing better with these signings :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:14 pm

How do you work that out then?

Sign a fullback which we needed ,get him to play two games to get him up to speed, maybe he stays on a free transfer end of season, his parent club paying half his wages, can't see queues of full backs around the stadium a the minute.

You should give NH a call as obviously you know better.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:54 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:

Count me in as well :thumbup: even Annis is guilty, saying we signed a totally unfit player! :? :old: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:57 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:

Count me in as well :thumbup: even Annis is guilty, saying we signed a totally unfit player! :? :old: :bluebird:

Common sense point of view. Everyone knew he hadn't played much what did they expect?

A few on this thread just love bashing Harris

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:15 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:

Well we did :lol: , did we not?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:30 pm

We signed a player who is not championship match fit.
We have not signed someone who is injured.