Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Harris explains Lee Peltier exit

Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:50 am

NEIL HARRIS:

Neil Harris explains Lee Peltier exit

Can you shed any light on Lee Peltier’s exit?

Harris: "Firstly, great servant to the club, great to work with on the training pitch, a lot of time for Lee.

You just get to a stage with senior players when you put a lot of things into the mix. But, ultimately, we got to a situation on deadline day where Lee got an opportunity to move to West Brom, an hour away from his family home with his children, and to go to a team that’s top of the league and will likely go to play in the Premier League.

And Lee had an opportunity, contractually, to go and play in the Premier League next year.

As much as if we wanted to keep him and if he was thinking about playing at Cardiff, an hour from home, chance of Premier League football? That’s a big draw.

But Lee goes with our regards and best wishes for the future.

Was there a dispute over a contract?

At the end of the day, players with four months left ultimately decide what they want to do.

There’s a lot of thought process that goes in here, trying to have a younger group with energy and balancing that off with good lads.

Lee falls into so many categories but we got to a stage where decisions were being made on contracts, but Lee got an opportunity to go to West Brom and it was a great opportunity for him."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Harris explains Lee Peltier exit

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:04 pm

Peltier was a steady-eddy - gutted to see him go. Seems like Harris likes his fullbacks to attack though - so I can kind of see the thought process of letting him go and using the wages to get a young attacking fullback on loan.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:04 pm

DanielHuwLewis wrote:Peltier was a steady-eddy - gutted to see him go. Seems like Harris likes his fullbacks to attack though - so I can kind of see the thought process of letting him go and using the wages to get a young attacking fullback on loan.

His wages probably paid for both new full backs on loan!

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 pm

Listen pelts was solid defender for us but going forward he was dreadful. If we are going to start passing from the back and over lapping on the wings then hes not the man. Hes also getting on now and getting slower so I think we shifted him at the right time. I just think we left ourselves thin for the time being.