Brisbane, Australia?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brisbane, Australia?

Postby Igovernor » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Has anybody been to Brisbane Queensland Australia?

Can anyone tell me whats it like?

Are there any idiots out there like we have back home? Idiots that troll message boards pretending to be City fans when they are really Jacks? :laughing6:

Any info would be appreciated, thanks :thumbup:
Igovernor

Brisbane, Australia?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Brisbane, Australia?

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:53 pm

You could just go on holiday without joining the local messageboards :thumbup:
BarryWelsh88

Postby Igovernor » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm

So you haven't been there then?
Igovernor

Postby Bluehants » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 pm

Lived there for about 6 months, although 20 years ago.

Nothing wrong with it - a perfectly nice city, but not particularly memorable and not a patch on Sydney or Melbourne.

Depends on your reason to go - if for a holiday, look elsewhere. If for work, likely to be cheaper to live than the other two.
Bluehants

Postby Igovernor » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:32 pm

Bluehants wrote:Lived there for about 6 months, although 20 years ago.

Nothing wrong with it - a perfectly nice city, but not particularly memorable and not a patch on Sydney or Melbourne.

Depends on your reason to go - if for a holiday, look elsewhere. If for work, likely to be cheaper to live than the other two.

Any chance that there might be any Jacks living there? that would really p**s me off :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby Sven » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:39 pm

I think you're all missing the point here...! ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:53 am

You should be fine,but stay away from the gold coast :lol: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:24 am

Igovernor wrote:Has anybody been to Brisbane Queensland Australia?

Are there any idiots out there like we have back home? Idiots that troll message boards pretending to be City fans when they are really Jacks? :laughing6:

:lol: :lol:

I’m travelling around Australia at the moment mate but not to Brisbane! But honest ...... I’m not him!

:lol:

:thumbup:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:25 am

Sven wrote:
Pennydarrenblue wrote:And he’s a moderator. Lmao.

Explain, please...? :?

Always one or two clowns Chris!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:17 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I’m travelling around Australia at the moment mate but not to Brisbane! But honest ...... I’m not him!

:lol:

:thumbup:

Paul...! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great time and make sure you're not trolled an anonymous local with a desperate need to be heard...! ;) :lol: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:25 am

Sven wrote:

Paul, two on this very thread who just had to comment without commenting, if you know what I mean ;)

The more astute amongst our members will get the drift of Igovernor's OP :thumbright:
Sven

Postby goats » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:27 am

Igovernor wrote:

Any chance that there might be any Jacks living there? that would really p**s me off :banghead:

Brisbane is a bit soulless but has a decent climate. Been there a few times but there is far better in Oz. Got relatives living a bit further north and there are ex pats from Cardiff living in or near the city who I’m sure could let you if there was a fake jack about :lol:
goats

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 am

It looks like you have devised a way of keeping these Jacks at bay, so probably no need to worry. This forum has already improved 100% without the troll, keep up the good work.
Steve Zodiak

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:17 am

Thought he moved back to canton ?

Did he not set up international IPs and Australia was one of them ?
NIBluebird

Postby Igovernor » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:51 am

Pennydarrenblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sven wrote:

Paul, two on this very thread who just had to comment without commenting, if you know what I mean ;)

The more astute amongst our members will get the drift of Igovernor's OP :thumbright:

I totally get it.
1.it is so unfunny it’s embarrassing.
2. Lately all people have done is moan about roathy and now he gets his own star studded appreciation thread started by a mod.

A pretty cringeworthy thread.

Star studded appreciation ??? you totally don't get it, most people do :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Bet he's seething !

He thinks he's the dogs bollocks on Twitter too
NIBluebird

Postby Fergy1927 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:15 pm

I live in Brisbane. It's a great town. Really friendly, heaps to do. I haven't seen many Jack's here though. I know several Cardiff here too. Mad Dog from Newport area, Adam from Barry. There is a massive UK presence here and it's weird to hang out with fans of Stoke and Bristol City.
Fergy1927

Postby Fergy1927 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:17 pm

goats wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Brisbane is a bit soulless but has a decent climate. Been there a few times but there is far better in Oz. Got relatives living a bit further north and there are ex pats from Cardiff living in or near the city who I’m sure could let you if there was a fake jack about :lol:

Souless? You were hanging out in the wrong places mate. If you're ever in town again let me know and I'll help you find where it's at.
Fergy1927

Postby Pennydarrenblue » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:18 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Pennydarrenblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sven wrote:

I totally get it.
1.it is so unfunny it’s embarrassing.
2. Lately all people have done is moan about roathy and now he gets his own star studded appreciation thread started by a mod.

A pretty cringeworthy thread.

Star studded appreciation ??? you totally don't get it, most people do :thumbup:

Pretty sure I’d. Just because I’m not massaging your ego don’t mean I don’t get it.
I remember the pictures/videos of local Australian papers the eating of the Cardiff cake or whatever.
I just thing it’s a shit thread that shares no purpose.
Sorry if that has offended you but I’m sure you are tougher skinned than that.
Pennydarrenblue

Postby goats » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:
goats wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Souless? You were hanging out in the wrong places mate. If you're ever in town again let me know and I'll help you find where it's at.

Yeah I’m sure it’s good I only passed through so to speak for a few days and unlike Sydney and Melbourne where I lived for a year or so and got to know the better places to hang out through the locals, as you do. :thumbup:
goats

Postby Fergy1927 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:38 pm

goats wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:
goats wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Yeah I’m sure it’s good I only passed through so to speak for a few days and unlike Sydney and Melbourne where I lived for a year or so and got to know the better places to hang out through the locals, as you do. :thumbup:

Fair play Goats.
Fergy1927

Postby Fergy1927 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:21 am

You are basing your advice to people on a city you lived in 20 years ago?! I think you’ll find a totally different city to when you last lived here mate. It’s totally different to 10 years ago let alone 20. You should come and visit again. It’s ace.
Fergy1927

Return to General Chat