' Wales Euro 2020 ' For info / questions etc

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluecityblue » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:17 am

UPDATED:
Friday 29th February 2020

BBC news at 10 tonight confirmed amongst other sporting events that the Euros are now in serious doubt

Wales v Switzerland - June 13 (at the Olympic Stadium, Baku)

Turkey v Wales - June 17 (at the Olympic Stadium, Baku)

Italy v Wales - June 21 (at the Stadio Olimpico, Rome)

Estimated numbers of Welsh fans travelling at the moment are 5,000 for each game in Baku and 10,000 for Rome.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before.
Anyone going via Tbilisi then overnight train?
What’s the script with paperless tickets if purchased for me by someone else?
Best route from Baku to Rome?

I know this is a City forum and City are on the verge of playoffs, massive game tomorrow, but the Euros aren’t far away.
bluecityblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Wales Euro 2020 ' For info / questions etc

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am

Looking forward to it :thumbright:
Attachments
2FF4246F-7B9A-4929-8585-D20B1D92DF14.jpeg
2FF4246F-7B9A-4929-8585-D20B1D92DF14.jpeg (136.59 KiB) Viewed 14736 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:10 am

Booked flights and hotel for Italy game looking for two tickets for game probably will end up buying them online with stub ticket or similar they are advertising them at €150 each though
Pembroke bluebird

Postby corky » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:30 pm

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/app/

Download this app it will be useful and it gets updated quite often.

Beware buying tickets they are not the normal paper ones we are used to but electronic ones that will be available on an app on your phone.. To enter stadiums you will have to produce the app and the ticket inside the app.. It must then match your passport... Or you cannot enter stafium

Some will accept driving licence as proof of identity but be wary of the tickets in the meanwhile because there is quite a lot of information still not clear about how all this will work
new season,new start
corky

Postby Peter24 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:15 pm

I'm looking for 2 tickets for Swiss game
Peter24

Postby phildavies » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:53 am

Will be arsed both the Azerbaijan games.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 am

We’re doing all 3 games.....6 days in Baku then two nights in Istanbul then two night in Rome.
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby City1983 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:20 pm

2 nights in Istanbul before the Tournament.
6 nights in Baku

Fly then to Malta for a few days

And flight from Malta to Rome on day of the game. 1 night in Rome.

And then onto Amsterdam to round off the Holiday.
City1983

Postby City1983 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:23 pm

Peter24 wrote:I'm looking for 2 tickets for Swiss game

Pete? I got a Spare for both Swiss and Turkey game. Can you message me..I'm not certain how this can be done as I've not nominated anyone to receive the 2nd Ticket, at the booking stage.
City1983

Postby City1983 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:25 pm

corky wrote:https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/app/

Download this app it will be useful and it gets updated quite often.

Paul? I bout two tickets for each of the group matches. I've been approached by loads wanting tickets. Will they have to be with me at the Stadium if they want the spare tickets?? How does it all work.
Beware buying tickets they are not the normal paper ones we are used to but electronic ones that will be available on an app on your phone.. To enter stadiums you will have to produce the app and the ticket inside the app.. It must then match your passport... Or you cannot enter stafium

Some will accept driving licence as proof of identity but be wary of the tickets in the meanwhile because there is quite a lot of information still not clear about how all this will work
City1983

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:22 am

City1983 wrote:

Pete? I got a Spare for both Swiss and Turkey game. Can you message me..I'm not certain how this can be done as I've not nominated anyone to receive the 2nd Ticket, at the booking stage.

I've emailed UEFA as I won tickets for matches in Bucharest, which I no longer need. Apparently they will open a portal where you can sell your tickets in the coming months, but they couldn't give a specific date.

What is the deal on Visa's for Azerbijan?
Ill be travelling to Tripoli and getting a night train I believe, arriving in Baku on the 11th.
JasonFowler1991

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:47 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
City1983 wrote:

I've emailed UEFA as I won tickets for matches in Bucharest, which I no longer need. Apparently they will open a portal where you can sell your tickets in the coming months, but they couldn't give a specific date.

Ill be travelling to Tripoli and getting a night train I believe, arriving in Baku on the 11th.

Tbilsi, not Tripoli haha.
JasonFowler1991

Postby bluecityblue » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:04 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
City1983 wrote:

Tbilsi, not Tripoli haha.

That’d be some train ride from Tripoli!
I’m doing the overnight from Tbilisi also
bluecityblue

Postby City1983 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:18 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
City1983 wrote:

Pete you can get an evisa from the Azerbaijan Embassy website. Ours cost £20 last November for the qualifiers. I'll sell the spare tickets back to UEFA when the Buyback portal opens then.
City1983

Postby RV Casual » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:11 pm

I am sitting this one out now unfortunately, I did almost have a look at going over to Rome but it's not going to happen for me.

Looking forward to everyone's story's from their trips, I am sure there are going to be many to be told given the logistics etc and what people have planned.

Most importantly, everyone who goes, stay safe and have a fantastic time :thumbup: :occasion5:
RV Casual

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:19 am

Hold on regarding visas for Azerbaijan for time being. UEFA did mention they were gonna sort some fast track versions for ticket holders.
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby londontaffy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:22 am

Tickets for our games in Baku still on sale All cats

https://euro2020-sales.tickets.uefa.com ... BAKU2020#/
londontaffy

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:34 am

Estimated numbers of Welsh fans travelling at the moment are 5000 for each game in Baku and 10000 for Rome.
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Official ticket resale platform

We are happy you have purchased tickets for UEFA EURO2020 and we hope you are looking forward to being part of the biggest EURO ever!

Nevertheless, we understand that sometimes plans change. If you are unable to use your tickets, you can list your tickets now on the UEFA official resale platform.

You can list your tickets until 25 February 2020.

LIST MY TICKETS

Tickets listed for re-sale will be available for purchase on 26 February at 14:00 CET.

Please note, only certain tickets are eligible for resale and you cannot select who your tickets are resold to. To find out more, click here.

If your tickets are sold, you will be notified by e-mail and you will be refunded in full within 30 days of the sale.

If your tickets are not purchased by other fans, the tickets will remain yours.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:58 am

Could be in doubt with the Corona virus outbreak now entrenched in Italy. Six nations in doubt plus talks of Japan considering cancelling the Olympics.
Ospreys and Ulster not travelling to Italy this weekend
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Bluedodo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:13 am

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Could be in doubt with the Corona virus outbreak now entrenched in Italy. Six nations in doubt plus talks of Japan considering cancelling the Olympics.

Not a chance.
Bluedodo

Postby epping blue » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:22 am

Bluedodo wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Could be in doubt with the Corona virus outbreak now entrenched in Italy. Six nations in doubt plus talks of Japan considering cancelling the Olympics.

Not a chance.

I think that cancellation of the Euro's is almost inevitable. Its going to get worse before it gets better and they cant wait in the hope that things improve. I hope I'm wrong but if it continues to spread across Europe, the tournament will be called within the next couple of weeks.
epping blue

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 pm

epping blue wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Not a chance.

I think that cancellation of the Euro's is almost inevitable. Its going to get worse before it gets better and they cant wait in the hope that things improve. I hope I'm wrong but if it continues to spread across Europe, the tournament will be called within the next couple of weeks.

Bluedodo I think your being very naive if you think there is no chance whatsoever of it being called off. The Oympics are the second biggest sporting event on the planet ( after football World Cup) if that is cancelled there is not a hope in hell the Euros will go ahead.
Not many Governments in the World would want thousands and thousands of foreigners travelling ( with a high risk of investing their own people) to their Countries.
The North of Italy is currently resembling a Ghost Country as we speak ( and this has been in only last 4 days)
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Bluedodo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:37 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Not a chance.

Bluedodo I think your being very naive if you think there is no chance whatsoever of it being called off. The Oympics are the second biggest sporting event on the planet ( after football World Cup) if that is cancelled there is not a hope in hell the Euros will go ahead.
Not many Governments in the World would want thousands and thousands of foreigners travelling ( with a high risk of investing their own people) to their Countries.
The North of Italy is currently resembling a Ghost Country as we speak ( and this has been in only last 4 days)

From the IOC:

""As far as we all know you're going to be in Tokyo," Pound said. "All indications are at this stage that it will be business as usual. So keep focused on your sport and be sure that the IOC is not going to send you into a pandemic situation."

People are scaremongering about something that is months off. Does the above sound like the Olympics are going to be cancelled at this point?
Bluedodo

Postby Bluedodo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:41 pm

epping blue wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Not a chance.

The Olympics in Tokyo is still on and any decision will if needed be made in May.

Why do you believe the Euros spread over a number of different countries on mainland Europe will be cancelled within next few weeks?

Only today UEFA said its not clear what if any impact coronavirus will have on the Euros so do you know sonething UEFA don't?
Bluedodo

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Bluedodo wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Not a chance.

The Olympics in Tokyo is still on and any decision will if needed be made in May.

Why do you believe the Euros spread over a number of different countries on mainland Europe will be cancelled within next few weeks?

Only today UEFA said its not clear what if any impact coronavirus will have on the Euros so do you know sonething UEFA don't?

UEFA know what he knows and I know.... its getting worse and a cancellation has probably been discussed and alternative plans drawn up.. are they going to announce a cancellation at this stage no..
but you only have to watch/ listen to the news to figure out its getting worse the only question is how bad worse will be...
dogfound

Postby bluecityblue » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:13 pm

Has anyone had any joy booking the overnight train from Tbilisi to Baku? I’ve sent a reservation request to Geotrend.com but no reply yet.
bluecityblue

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 pm

epping blue wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Not a chance.

really depends on the spread ,but its not looking good. if it was right now ,the Italy games would probably be off already looking at the cancellations of all sorts of things and towns in quarantine at the moment over there..
cross fingers and hope things don't get to much worse ..
dogfound

Postby barry boy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:30 pm

bluecityblue wrote:Has anyone had any joy booking the overnight train from Tbilisi to Baku? I’ve sent a reservation request to Geotrend.com but no reply yet.

I think you can only book 10 days before ?

see https://www.seat61.com/Caucasus.htm#Tbilisi_to_Baku

Train 38 leaves Baku every day at 20:40 arriving Tbilisi at 08:55.
Buy a ticket online...
You can buy a ticket from Baku to Tbilisi - You can book a maximum of 10 days in advance.

or You can buy at the station, but passport will be required. If there are no sleepers left, buy a seats ticket and you may be able to upgrade on the train.
barry boy

Postby epping blue » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:56 am

Bluedodo wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:

Not a chance.

From the IOC:

""As far as we all know you're going to be in Tokyo," Pound said. "All indications are at this stage that it will be business as usual. So keep focused on your sport and be sure that the IOC is not going to send you into a pandemic situation."

People are scaremongering about something that is months off. Does the above sound like the Olympics are going to be cancelled at this point?

No intention to scare monger but they don't have months to decide on this. They cant leave this until half way through May to pull the plug. They'll probably need to make the decision on what happens in the next couple of weeks and if China appears to have controlled it by shutting everything down then that's what we can expect here. That could be 2 weeks or 2 months, nobody knows, which is where the difficulty lies.

Pissed off that a lot of money and planning could go down the drain but realistic that chances to watch Wales in tournament football don't come along that often. If I'm scared, its at 58 I realise I may not get the chance again.
epping blue

Next

Return to General Chat