Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Very worrying UK

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:53 am

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Today Road block now Police stopping everyone leaving Santa Ponsa without work papers

My next door neighbours had a party last night.Including people who had come home from Spain.There was a sickly child in the house.They are f*cking morons.
More cases were took in the royal gwent last night and I know of an ambulance driver who has got the virus.
I live in the cwmbran area

Pathetic by them last night having a party.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:10 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Today Road block now Police stopping everyone leaving Santa Ponsa without work papers

My next door neighbours had a party last night.Including people who had come home from Spain.There was a sickly child in the house.They are f*cking morons.
More cases were took in the royal gwent last night and I know of an ambulance driver who has got the virus.

Some people are absolute idiots. We have to shut down if only to stop the youths from congregating in groups. They need to be forced into isolation. Brought my son back from Uni yesterday and put him straight into isolation but we have my 85 year old living with us who had a stroke last year.

There was an expert on yesterday saying that a study from an albeit small sample showed that whilst younger affected people were showing less symptoms they were passing on a higher viral load. Apparently they think the viral load is related to the severity of the infection. Italy with a great tradition of family has a higher proportion of multi generation households currently exacerbated by very high youth unemployment. Housing costs and shortages are not helping here on that front though.

Its bleak though for the world. This is ravaging the developed world, it could kill 10's of millions in Africa and the Indian sub continent.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:17 pm

An ex military who is a friend told me on Thursday that the army have been prepared to go to major cities in UK and create road blocks in and out of those cities. Not sure if, or when, it will happen but they have been prepared for carrying it out

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:20 pm

Certain areas of the World are reporting that pollution etc is slowly clearing up and improving?

Makes you wonder if “Mother Nature” has had enough and sent the World a message, clean it up or suffer the consequences!

Keep safe everyone, look after your families and neighbours.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:27 pm

Where I live

246 in Baleares now, 4 deaths

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:56 pm

89 new cases announced in Wales. Worrying increases.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:05 pm

More testing needs to be done but at the same time you can understand why the government aren't and are using those resources elsewhere.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:18 pm

This country is screwed its complete and utter chaos no one knows what the future holds my worry is this is only the start

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The fact is that people are dying and in my opinion for what it’s worth, we should folllow the guidance and stay away from others and their should be a lockdown ASAP in the UK.

We all have the responsibility to keep our children and families safe

A lot of frightening information in this thread. But the best words are those highlighted above as we can all or do our part by following the guidance.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Chippy82 wrote:This country is screwed its complete and utter chaos no one knows what the future holds my worry is this is only the start

If that is the case then the plan is to mitigate the screwedness and chaos by following the guidance. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
The fact is that people are dying and in my opinion for what it’s worth, we should folllow the guidance and stay away from others and their should be a lockdown ASAP in the UK.

We all have the responsibility to keep our children and families safe

A lot of frightening information in this thread. But the best words are those highlighted above as we can all or do our part by following the guidance.

Tony, :thumbright:

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:More testing needs to be done but at the same time you can understand why the government aren't and are using those resources elsewhere.

you can test someone right now who is free of the virus who then picks it up half an hour later... so yes a total waste of resources...what our government are doing in tsting key workers who are already self isolating in the hope some have had something other than corvid 19 and therefore can return to work is spot on...

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:10 pm

stickywicket wrote:

WTF is wrong with them, just when you think people can’t get any stupider.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:46 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:More testing needs to be done but at the same time you can understand why the government aren't and are using those resources elsewhere.

you can test someone right now who is free of the virus who then picks it up half an hour later... so yes a total waste of resources...what our government are doing in tsting key workers who are already self isolating in the hope some have had something other than corvid 19 and therefore can return to work is spot on...

Totally agree and like they said even if they test someone and they have it then the advice would still he the same, go home and your family isolate which you should be doing with or without the test.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Is this true?

Unbelievable I'm reading Barry island is packed porthcawl is packed people still panic buying like theres no tomorw lockdown is coming if people just keep ignoring the government advice unbelievable :cry:

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Is this true?

Unbelievable I'm reading Barry island is packed porthcawl is packed people still panic buying like theres no tomorw lockdown is coming if people just keep ignoring the government advice unbelievable :cry:

Hi Annis, sorry to say it’s the new generation of people who do as they please when they please.

It’s me me me me and bugger the consequences like the ones who travel abroad and then complain the Govt won’t help them!

They will be the ones you’ll see on the tv crying about losing a loved one and milking the limelight.

I’m not sure what the answer is? I’m on the vulnerable list so is my 82 yr old mother and a lot of my family. This lot don’t care as they know the NHS will bail them out.

Keep safe out there.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm

I despair, people just refuse to believe how serious this is.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Jock wrote:

I despair, people just refuse to believe how serious this is.

I just can’t believe them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:19 pm

I walked over to Barry Island earlier to get fresh air and although I wouldn't say packed it was certainly quite busy.

A lot more than I expected, ended up turning back.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:22 pm

The British people should take responsibility themselves and see what’s happening in Italy , France and Spain

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The British people should take responsibility themselves and see what’s happening in Italy , France and Spain

Annis,it's the younger generation in the main,they see themselves as the untouchables,both in law,and it seems even in a crisis as bad as this!! My poor mother has been self isolating for 3 weeks now,she is in the high risk category, and decided for herself it was best for her,she is bored shit less, but knows this is the way to try to limit her risks,unfortunately the younger generation look as if they will have to have it enforced on them,if they keep flouting the requests of government, then round them up,and force them into a 14 day isolation period,then when that's done,send them home with the warning of being locked up,if caught outside not doing as requested,for some this is the only way they will start to see the seriousness of the situation :banghead: my wife and I have been social distancing for a week already,it's the right thing to do,as far as we are concerned,we have done some shopping today for our neighbour who is self isolating and lives alone,she was so grateful it almost brought me to tears :sad7: .the government needs to enforce a lock down,even just to keep these selfish c@nts off the streets.Will say I went to tesco on western avenue,stocks were low,but they had toilet rolls (don't know what some hoarders are expecting!) And some hygiene products,and we're enforcing the 3 item rule quite stringently,but some were still attempting to bulk buy,saw a bloke with about 18 or more steaks in his trolley,arguing with a staff member about he only had 3 of each cut,so weren't the same item!! What a complete bellend :? I also noticed quite a few older generation (70+) shopping too! A few admittedly seemed to be alone,obviously no family or neighbours helping them :sad7: stay safe all bluebirds,and look out for your neighbours,and most importantly family. :old: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:21 pm

There is a graph on twitter showing that South Korea, Japan , Hong Kong and Singapore who all wore masks and obeyed their governments policy on social interaction are on a significant lower trajectory than the UK, within weeks we are likely to have the same number of cases as Italy.
It seems no one is taking this seriously and until a member of family or a friend catch the virus , onlty then will it sink in , what a desperate situation this is.
Can well see the army involved sooner rather than later in enforcing only essential travel

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The British people should take responsibility themselves and see what’s happening in Italy , France and Spain

Most are Annis, Cardiff is like a ghost town, even when I had to pop into town Wednesday am no one was around. No one was going to most bars anyway so might aswell close them. My mate lives in northern Italy, he said the reason it’s so bad there as when they shut the schools all the kids went to stay with there grandparents, some even going on holiday to resort areas, infecting them all and as many are very old in a Italy it’s taken a massive toll, hence the average age of the deceased being 81. They also co habit a lot with many generations living together. We won’t have that issue here so badly I think.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Annis - You are spot on people are using today and may be tomorrow as a BANK HOLIDAY !!!

Sadly or Lovely for some next week we are going to have Good Weather and the figs of infected is going to raise more .

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:16 pm

goats wrote:

Most are Annis, Cardiff is like a ghost town, even when I had to pop into town Wednesday am no one was around. No one was going to most bars anyway so might aswell close them. My mate lives in northern Italy, he said the reason it’s so bad there as when they shut the schools all the kids went to stay with there grandparents, some even going on holiday to resort areas, infecting them all and as many are very old in a Italy it’s taken a massive toll, hence the average age of the deceased being 81. They also co habit a lot with many generations living together. We won’t have that issue here so badly I think.

Barry Island, Porthcawl, Weston Supermare etc were packed today

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Annis - You are spot on people are using today and may be tomorrow as a BANK HOLIDAY !!!

Sadly or Lovely for some next week we are going to have Good Weather and the figs of infected is going to raise more .

Sadly Tony, watch the result of all this a week today :cry:

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 pm

I Said to my better half last week on Sunday when we were on 1,431 that this time tomorrow we would be on 4,000 .

We have hit that figure already today - If people don't listen this is going to go as you said way over what we have seen anywhere .

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:14 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Hi Annis, sorry to say it’s the new generation of people who do as they please when they please.

It’s me me me me and bugger the consequences like the ones who travel abroad and then complain the Govt won’t help them!

They will be the ones you’ll see on the tv crying about losing a loved one and milking the limelight.

I’m not sure what the answer is? I’m on the vulnerable list so is my 82 yr old mother and a lot of my family. This lot don’t care as they know the NHS will bail them out.

Keep safe out there.

Karl, I think your right about some of them,no morals and no caring for others .

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
goats wrote:

Barry Island, Porthcawl, Weston Supermare etc were packed today

I heard this....ridiculous stuff.....

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:57 am

BBC NEWS

Senior French journo briefed that Macron phoned PM on Friday and said that if UK did not impose serious shutdown measures, French would have no choice but to close border to travellers from UK, & were ready to do so Friday. Says Elysee refers to UK policy as “benign neglect”