Very worrying UK

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Very worrying UK

Postby epping blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 am

7 more deaths in Wales announced taking the total to 11. Very concerning escalation. Taking social isolating seriously a week ago may have reduced that number and the numbers that follow. Adhering now and from now on completely could save thousands in the weeks to come.
epping blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:04 pm

epping blue wrote:7 more deaths in Wales announced taking the total to 11. Very concerning escalation. Taking social isolating seriously a week ago may have reduced that number and the numbers that follow. Adhering now and from now on completely could save thousands in the weeks to come.

The problem is it's still not being taken seriously now. Popular tourist attractions were packed yesterday including Roath Park. I expect some of those people photographed yesterday will not be around next weekend. Unfortunately they may also transmit the virus to innocent friends and relatives who heeded the official advice. Hard to protect people against stupidity.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:17 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
epping blue wrote:7 more deaths in Wales announced taking the total to 11. Very concerning escalation. Taking social isolating seriously a week ago may have reduced that number and the numbers that follow. Adhering now and from now on completely could save thousands in the weeks to come.

The problem is it's still not being taken seriously now. Popular tourist attractions were packed yesterday including Roath Park. I expect some of those people photographed yesterday will not be around next weekend. Unfortunately they may also transmit the virus to innocent friends and relatives who heeded the official advice. Hard to protect people against stupidity.

Agree, Steve...and we mustn't exclude the photographer from all of that! ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:36 pm

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yes Sven. The photographer must have been close by as well. Having seen similar photographs taken up the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia, I think all we have seen in Wales so far is the tip of the iceberg. I wouldn't be surprised if the death toll shoots up every day and can't see how it can be prevented. The government and emergency services are doing what they can but the biggest danger to this country are the people who lack the intelligence to listen to the advice given. I have a feeling it may finally sink in over the next few days but unfortunately it is going to take almost unbelievable statistics before some of these people realise that we have a serious problem.
Steve Zodiak

Postby craig1927 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:50 pm

I work in construction - there’s doesn’t seem to be any news of any sites closing down, Blacks hats have said they will fight it to the bitter end, I just can’t get my head around Why has no one mentioned construction sites? There are thousands of people on building sites in the UK, Gathering in smoking areas, canteens etc. This is a breeding ground for covid-19
Roger That!!
craig1927

Postby Jock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:08 pm

craig1927 wrote:I work in construction - there’s doesn’t seem to be any news of any sites closing down, Blacks hats have said they will fight it to the bitter end, I just can’t get my head around Why has no one mentioned construction sites? There are thousands of people on building sites in the UK, Gathering in smoking areas, canteens etc. This is a breeding ground for covid-19

My boys a spark still doing 40hrs on a job in Ponty. Are builders merchants still open?
Jock

Postby craig1927 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Jock wrote:
craig1927 wrote:I work in construction - there’s doesn’t seem to be any news of any sites closing down, Blacks hats have said they will fight it to the bitter end, I just can’t get my head around Why has no one mentioned construction sites? There are thousands of people on building sites in the UK, Gathering in smoking areas, canteens etc. This is a breeding ground for covid-19

My boys a spark still doing 40hrs on a job in Ponty. Are builders merchants still open?

Hi mate, I don’t actually know! I was doing house bashing a few weeks back and they was open, obviously a hell of a lot has changed, I’m on site in cathays at the moment, still having deliveries coming in, but as for shops face to face I couldn’t tell you I’m afraid!
Roger That!!
craig1927

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:57 pm

Shocking once again today the Great British Public :evil:
Attachments
F77B34EA-83F7-4F82-94D8-89C581119CA5.jpeg
F77B34EA-83F7-4F82-94D8-89C581119CA5.jpeg (303.1 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:16 pm

craig1927 wrote:
Jock wrote:

Hi mate, I don’t actually know! I was doing house bashing a few weeks back and they was open, obviously a hell of a lot has changed, I’m on site in cathays at the moment, still having deliveries coming in, but as for shops face to face I couldn’t tell you I’m afraid!

Time all sites were mothballed till this shite is over.
Jock

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:35 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yes Sven. The photographer must have been close by as well. Having seen similar photographs taken up the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia, I think all we have seen in Wales so far is the tip of the iceberg. I wouldn't be surprised if the death toll shoots up every day and can't see how it can be prevented. The government and emergency services are doing what they can but the biggest danger to this country are the people who lack the intelligence to listen to the advice given. I have a feeling it may finally sink in over the next few days but unfortunately it is going to take almost unbelievable statistics before some of these people realise that we have a serious problem.

Get a grip. It's the 1st decent day we've had in months. People are probably no closer than they are in our supermarkets. As long as they're 2m apart, then let people have a break from this relentless doom and gloom.
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby Igovernor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:40 pm

Get a grip ffs that is the type of attitude that is going to cost more lives, two meters apart, you have got to be joking it seem like no one is taking any notice of this very good advice, some do but it looks like the majority of people are ignoring it. What a lot of stupid arrogant people out there. Still thousands out there who think that they are immune to this virus, absolutely thick!
Igovernor

Postby epping blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:48 pm

I see in Scotland some pubs and bars ignored the instruction to close. They have to pass legislation this week to force them to. Unbelievable.
epping blue

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:53 pm

This is complete madness :evil: :evil:
Attachments
48FB166E-AE45-435C-928E-E247B1ADA38B.jpeg
48FB166E-AE45-435C-928E-E247B1ADA38B.jpeg (269.08 KiB) Viewed 3328 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Igovernor wrote:Get a grip ffs that is the type of attitude that is going to cost more lives, two meters apart, you have got to be joking it seem like no one is taking any notice of this very good advice, some do but it looks like the majority of people are ignoring it. What a lot of stupid arrogant people out there. Still thousands out there who think that they are immune to this virus, absolutely thick!

You seriously expect people to stay indoors for the rest of the year ? There will be more suicides than death from this virus. People ranting at everything and everybody isn't going to improve things one bit.
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby Jock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:02 pm

epping blue wrote:I see in Scotland some pubs and bars ignored the instruction to close. They have to pass legislation this week to force them to. Unbelievable.

Guy in Greenock complained to a bunch of retards stood drinking on the pavement outside a pub and got filled in, scumbags.
The thing Ans posted about flights still coming in is batshit crazy.
Jock

Postby Igovernor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Get a grip ffs that is the type of attitude that is going to cost more lives, two meters apart, you have got to be joking it seem like no one is taking any notice of this very good advice, some do but it looks like the majority of people are ignoring it. What a lot of stupid arrogant people out there. Still thousands out there who think that they are immune to this virus, absolutely thick!

You seriously expect people to stay indoors for the rest of the year ? There will be more suicides than death from this virus.
People ranting at everything and everybody isn't going to improve things one bit.

No one is asking them to stay indoors but to keep away from other people and groups,when they go out, but they are not doing it!
Igovernor

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

You seriously expect people to stay indoors for the rest of the year ? There will be more suicides than death from this virus. People ranting at everything and everybody isn't going to improve things one bit.

Yes if it takes that.

You seriously are one of the mindless idiots.

People are dying all over the world and the UK will be next.

I can’t believe what a fool you are .

By mixing and meeting people lives are being put at risk.

My family have now stayed in our house for 8 days and we have at least 21days more.

I miss my 19yr old daughter like mad , but if we all live and it helps others then so be it.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Igovernor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

My family have now stayed in our house for 8 days and we have at least 21days more.

I miss my 19yr old daughter like mad , but if we all live and it helps others then so be it.

Definitely Annis :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Jock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

They’ve witnessed what’s happened in other countries, there’s even simple graphs explaining the pattern it will follow but bollox to that I’m not staying in for a couple of weeks.
Jock

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

Roger, Common sense :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:13 pm

Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

They’ve witnessed what’s happened in other countries, there’s even simple graphs explaining the pattern it will follow but bollox to that I’m not staying in for a couple of weeks.

The last 2 day’s watching Italy and their hospitals brought tears to my eyes.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:19 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

I guess we all need to listen to you then and ignore the doctors. scientists and politicians. You obviously know best.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Jock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

Terrible mate started watching a vid of an I ICU in Italy, gruesome it’s like a dystopian nightmare, couldn’t finish it. Haven’t seen my kids or grandchildren for a week, my daughter had pregnancy induced heart failure and they had to whip the twins out ten weeks early. Terrified for them
Jock

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

Terrible mate started watching a vid of an I ICU in Italy, gruesome it’s like a dystopian nightmare, couldn’t finish it. Haven’t seen my kids or grandchildren for a week, my daughter had pregnancy induced heart failure and they had to whip the twins out ten weeks early. Terrified for them

So Sorry to hear my friend , my heart goes out to you and your family and I hope everything improves for you all :cry:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:35 pm

Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

Hope all turns out well for your family Jock.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Jock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

So Sorry to hear my friend , my heart goes out to you and your family and I hope everything improves for you all :cry:

They’re 2o months now and toddling but still a bit behind where they should be my daughters heart is much stronger but still leaking a little, I just feel they’re so vulnerable to this. I’m no different from anyone else we’ve all got people close to us inthe high risk group but yet still retards want to carry on the party. It’s not a fekkin bank holiday weekend.
Jock

Postby Thewifestheboss » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:23 pm

Some pubs in Scotland have stayed open even though they were told to close. Nicolas Sturgeon stated that they would introduce compulsory close within a few days. FFS bring it in immediately. Of pubs won't close send in the police to jail the landlord. Take his licence off him and destroy all of his stock at his costand not allow him to ever have a licence again. Don't the thick Bastards realise this is f"""""" serious.
Thewifestheboss

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:16 pm

Thewifestheboss wrote:Some pubs in Scotland have stayed open even though they were told to close. Nicolas Sturgeon stated that they would introduce compulsory close within a few days. FFS bring it in immediately. Of pubs won't close send in the police to jail the landlord. Take his licence off him and destroy all of his stock at his costand not allow him to ever have a licence again. Don't the thick Bastards realise this is f"""""" serious.

Spot On :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

Yes if it takes that.

Roger, Common sense :thumbright:

Trouble is Annis we have a younger generation who don't seem to have any sense at all,let alone common sense! It won't hit home to them,until someone close to them die of it,then the cheeky f@cks will have a moan that it should Ave been enforced earlier! On a lighter note it was great to see customers stop shopping in a tesco,to applaud the NHS staff who were doing their shop,lots of good stories of people helping others,it seems inevitable that a lock down will be enforced,people were given the advice,and some of us are doing as asked,and socially isolate,we sat out my mum's garden today,and we're well separated, and there were only 4 of us,but as mum is at the high risk level,but at least we managed to aleviate some of the boredom,and got some fresh air,only going out to get the necessities,and video calling relatives and friends.I watched the video of a ward in an Italian hospital too Annis, very moving,and scary at the same time! About time to ban all new arrivals of passengers fromthe 3 heavily infected countries,and 14 day isolation for those who return home,to be on the safe side,I cannot believe the post which says get a grip :roll: this is the aim ffs,to get a grip,but to say people need to be allowed to mix (with friends,and strangers) is one of the daftest posts of all,yeah,let them do as they please,risk not only themselves,but everyone around them,and worst of all possibly their own loved ones,utter stupidity in my opinion,and totally selfish behaviour by what we hope are the minority.stay safe fellow bluebirds,the rides about to get bumpy. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:52 am

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Here’s how we compare :

CHINA

1 Day: 11th Jan 1 Dead
2 Weeks: 25th Jan 56 Dead
1 Month: 25th Feb 2,595 Dead

ITALY

1 Day: Feb 22nd 2 Dead
2 weeks: March 7th 35 Dead
1 Month: March 19th 3,404 Dead

UK.

1 Day: March 5th 1 Dead
2 weeks: March 19th 144 Dead
1 month: ?????

The difference?
China complete lock down on DAY 12.
Italy lockdown on DAY 16.
U.K.?

the dates are wrong...the first corona virus case confirmed in the UK was 31st of January which was prior to Italy or Spain .and if your going to compare I think it fair you use the same dates...eg
February 15th

UK ...9 CASES
ITALY….3 CASES
SPAIN...2 CASES..

TODAY.

ITALY.....4092 DEATHS
SPAIN.....1092 DEATHS
UK....177 DEATHS.

its gonna get worse ..but there is zero evidence the lockdowns in Europe are working.

True, and we have to remember our rates should rise quicker because we have had people coming back from China, Italy and Spain, where this started and accelerated before we had it.

Also agree it's going to get a lot worse, we need to stop people gathering in large groups maybe use roadblocks or something for places like Pen y fan and Snowden, and around Roath Park, failing that total lockdown will be inevitable.
Bluebina

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat