Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I've just been told

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:25 am

By my daughter whose a districtnurse
NHS is in chaos. She's a health visitor.
No protective gear.
Staff going off sick because they aren't being tested for covid. So they are going into isolation when maybe they have the flu.

Re: I've just been told

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:29 am

stickywicket wrote:By my daughter whose a districtnurse
No protective gear.
Staff going off sick because they aren't being tested for covid. So they are going into isolation when maybe they have the flu.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 am

No protective gear.

I thought the Welsh Government had said that testing will soon be available for Wales, and the last I heard was days rather than weeks. While I have never been a fan of those down the bay, they appear to be doing their best so far. I guess they can only work with the tools available, and it looks as if testing kits are in short supply throughout the world. I have heard similar concerns coming from America.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:50 am

No protective gear.

My whole family work in the NHS and it’s always in chaos!!

I’m a bit biased but our NHS workers are the best in the world who make daily sacrifices to help keep the country going

In fairness I am hearing that protective equipment and testing kits are at last arriving in bigger numbers

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:56 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
No protective gear.

I’m a bit biased but our NHS workers are the best in the world who make daily sacrifices to help keep the country going

In fairness I am hearing that protective equipment and testing kits are at last arriving in bigger numbers

Much more Testing equipment is def on its way :thumbright: :thumbright:

But after living here in Mallorca for over 4yrs and all my family use the NHS here, I have to say UK is like a 3rd rate country. The service over here is unbelievable fantastic and is as good as private in UK.

Germany, Italy, France and Spain how thousands more beds and equipment than the UK.

The staff that do work in the NHS in UK are amazing :thumbright: :thumbright: , but just not enough of them and not given the best equipment and everything they need. Under funded for last 30 years. :cry: :cry:

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm

No protective gear.

Better to be safe than sorry,imagine staying in work if you've got it.A recipe for disaster-under funded NHS for 10yrs falls over when it really needs to step up shocker.Not testing means more blind guessing that affects lives.Our health workers need proper protection yesterday.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
No protective gear.

But after living here in Mallorca for over 4yrs and all my family use the NHS here, I have to say UK is like a 3rd rate country. The service over here is unbelievable fantastic and is as good as private in UK.

Germany, Italy, France and Spain how thousands more beds and equipment than the UK.

The staff that do work in the NHS in UK are amazing :thumbright: :thumbright: , but just not enough of them and not given the best equipment and everything they need. Under funded for last 30 years. :cry: :cry:

Totally agree Annis, chronic underfunding for years, only the sacrifices of the overworked staff kept it in a “reasonable” condition
As well as underfunding my family are also very critical of “internal systems” which are frustrating, money wasting and time consuming
Missed appointments and unnecessary a&e visits cost the NHS hundreds of millions a year but nobody has ever really got to grips
with it or does anything about it.
Recently I had 2 sets of blood tests 3 days apart..same venue, same nurse, she told me that they could and should have been done on the same day, no need of a time delay?? How often do things like that happen and how much does it cost??

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Problem with Wales is - The decision makers are the welsh assembly and are all buffoons

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:51 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Problem with Wales is - The decision makers are the welsh assembly and are all buffoons

Watched Politics Wales on the BBC yesterday and they had Mark Drakeford the first minister for Wales answering questions.

The man did-not fill me with confidence and his one answer to a complicated question about help for the self employed was to "go to the Citizens Advice"

Best of luck with that as how many CAB's are operating when a large part of their volunteer force are retired people who by definition fall into the vulnerable category? Even their call centre must operate on lower capacity due to social distancing.

Instead of passing the problem onto someone else maybe Mr. Drakeford would think about getting off his fat arse and solving these problems himself?

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:57 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Totally agree Annis, chronic underfunding for years, only the sacrifices of the overworked staff kept it in a “reasonable” condition
As well as underfunding my family are also very critical of “internal systems” which are frustrating, money wasting and time consuming
Missed appointments and unnecessary a&e visits cost the NHS hundreds of millions a year but nobody has ever really got to grips
Recently I had 2 sets of blood tests 3 days apart..same venue, same nurse, she told me that they could and should have been done on the same day, no need of a time delay?? How often do things like that happen and how much does it cost??

There is definitely a problem within the NHS when it comes to internal wastage and efficiency.

However, even if the NHS could run at maximum efficiency and cut wastage to nothing I agree that this would make next to no difference because of the way the NHS has been starved of funding for the past 10 years. Cameron and Osbourne were complete and utter bastards for doing that.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:01 am

Get what you pay for Tony..
No protective gear.

Unlikely that the NHS would be running normally in the middle of pandemic. These arent normal times.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:18 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
No protective gear.

Totally agree Annis, chronic underfunding for years, only the sacrifices of the overworked staff kept it in a “reasonable” condition

Sadly totally agree with you and all the previous Govts have been the same, not funded the NHS properly.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:23 pm

You say Spanish nhs is better than UK, that might be correct but even they are struggling - no nhs can cope with this , the bes5 thing we can all do is stay out of the way for a few weeks , nhs , government are doing their very best , it’s a shame a lot of the British public aren’t .

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:Problem with Wales is - The decision makers are the welsh assembly and are all buffoons

Watched Politics Wales on the BBC yesterday and they had Mark Drakeford the first minister for Wales answering questions.

The man did-not fill me with confidence and his one answer to a complicated question about help for the self employed was to "go to the Citizens Advice"

Best of luck with that as how many CAB's are operating when a large part of their volunteer force are retired people who by definition fall into the vulnerable category? Even their call centre must operate on lower capacity due to social distancing.

Instead of passing the problem onto someone else maybe Mr. Drakeford would think about getting off his fat arse and solving these problems himself?

He's a clown, I wouldn't trust him to put my bins out!

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:17 pm

No no... that’s just the sort of job Drakeford would be good at..as long as he didn’t say anything.