BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN MORE OR LESS LOCK

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN LOCKDOWN "

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:01 pm

If you’re delivering food/pills etc, or other essentials, then yes..if you deliver cakes, probably not. If you deliver exhaust pipes, maybe. Bit of a minefield..
rumpo kid

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:03 pm

Sven wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Anyone know what essential means in this case? Is it the work itself, or the travel involved. Doesn’t seem clear to me..

See https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=213697 :thumbright:

Cheers Sven..
rumpo kid

Re: BREAKING NEWS " BORIS JOHNSON PLACES UK IN MORE OR LESS

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:12 pm

2 people allowed out and you can all go for an exercise , parks stay open he is a bafoon

People can walk the streets for exercise want an idiot Boris

So building sites still open for 70 odd guys sharing a Porta cabin ?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Foghorn65 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Said nowt to allay fears,issues and concerns
Foghorn65

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:2 people allowed out and you can all go for an exercise , parks stay open he is a bafoon

Can still go shopping for the needed goods ... Still don't see how this is a lockdown ??

To me a Lockdown is when your not allowed to leave your home/house or must be in by a certain time ??
TopCat CCFC

Postby stickywicket » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:28 pm

Sven wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Anyone know what essential means in this case? Is it the work itself, or the travel involved. Doesn’t seem clear to me..

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213697 :thumbright:

key workers police NHS supermarkets food banks water gas electricity. plumbers electritians.emergerency repairs ie leaking roofs carers social workers
good speech I could have made it.
Cuts in the NHS staff and social care coming home to roost.
stickywicket

Postby nubbsy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:2 people allowed out and you can all go for an exercise , parks stay open he is a bafoon

Theres still one open in Croydon. 500+ personnel
nubbsy

Postby stickywicket » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:31 pm

He's f*cking dangerous
Newport council have closed all the parks.
stickywicket

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:38 pm

stickywicket wrote:

He's f*cking dangerous

I have lost my respect for him

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

He's f*cking dangerous

Funny how its turns out.Some of us saw through this guy and didn't have respect for him in the first place.

Even Corbins got a better idea than this Clown.Ah well.you get what you vote for.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:00 pm

He didnt say the word Lockdown - because it isn´t one when you can go shopping once a day and cycle and excercise in parks.

In our Lockdown here in Spain I´ve been outside my door twice in 9 days - chemist and food shop once. The wife has been out once in that time - a different food shop.

We are not allowed out to excercise at all and the highlight of our day is taking the rubbish to the communal bin on the street about 50 metres from our front door.

I think he should have gone further - and will probably have to soon

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:06 pm

He’s advised by the epidemiologists/virologists.. basically he’s the messenger. Corbyn or Boris, the advice would likely be the same..
rumpo kid

Postby philrogers » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 pm

Labour, conservatives, SNP.

Wales, England and Scotland.

The same message from all 3.

Not a political or personal issue. This is what the experts have said is needed. Disagree with the experts by all means but dont shoot the messengers.
philrogers

Postby Elwood Blues » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:He didnt say the word Lockdown - because it isn´t one when you can go shopping once a day and cycle and excercise in parks.

In our Lockdown here in Spain I´ve been outside my door twice in 9 days - chemist and food shop once. The wife has been out once in that time - a different food shop.

We are not allowed out to excercise at all and the highlight of our day is taking the rubbish to the communal bin on the street about 50 metres from our front door.

He didn't say shop.once a day.

He said

Shop for basic necessities as infrequently as possible.

Big difference
Elwood Blues

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:22 pm

philrogers wrote:Labour, conservatives, SNP.

Wales, England and Scotland.

The same message from all 3.

Not a political or personal issue. This is what the experts have said is needed. Disagree with the experts by all means but dont shoot the messengers.

He tried to give us a chance and treat us like adults. Unfortunately the idiots at the tourist spots at the weekend have made it impossible to treat all of us as anything other than morons. Hard to believe how idiotic people can behave, but having read a poster's comments on this forum at the weekend it becomes obvious why these measures have to be taken, and even then not certain everybody will abide by the new regulations.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:23 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

He's f*cking dangerous

Funny how its turns out.Some of us saw through this guy and didn't have respect for him in the first place.

Even Corbins got a better idea than this Clown.Ah well.you get what you vote for.

ever considered our experts might be correct....or even the experts in the majority of Europe are correct...and the 3 countries who have locked down the hardest just might have got it wrong ?
its early days... but at the moment those three countries are amounting for 4 times the deaths of the rest of Europe combined { most of which is not on total lockdown } ...it might turn around for them , might , and its possible in the long run they've got it right
but looking at the figures right now ..highest death tolls on our continent ITALY, SPAIN.FRANCE. and more than 90% of deaths in those countries coming after lockdown how can you be so confident that whats happening here is wrong , and what they've done is correct.?
dogfound

Postby brickyblue » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:27 pm

I agree with a lockdown but as a self employed builder If I get universal credit id get £94 a week for a family of 5 while everyone else gets 80% of there salary.
Been let down it is what it is but it just isnt right .

I'll do what ever they say but I'm worried for safety and the financial strain and the long term effects on my business
brickyblue

Postby dogfound » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:30 pm

brickyblue wrote:I agree with a lockdown but as a self employed builder If I get universal credit id get £94 a week for a family of 5 while everyone else gets 80% of there salary.

I'll do what ever they say but I'm worried for safety and the financial strain and the long term effects on my business

financially im in the same spot as you 94 quid. I hope that will be revised..
dogfound

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby LeonSDC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Sven wrote:
LeonSDC wrote:"Could be like living during the war"

I know for alot of people this would be obvious and was always coming, but a fair few on here took the P*** at me for saying that.

I wasn't wrong though. This is certainly going to get alot worse before it gets better.

I'm relieved though that this lockdown is happening, because finally we will start seeing improvements naturally with people staying inside. The "beat this in 12 weeks" campaign was always an ambitious one, and although I can see it taking a hell of alot longer than that, I personally see this lock-down being the beginning of the end of this virus, weather that's 12 weeks or 12 months, atleast it starts now.

It's been so demoralizing waiting and waiting to start ticking days off knowing full well we couldn't start counting down yet as people were not listening to the government. Now they have to. And the wait begins. We'll get through this IF the lockdown is as strict as I'm hoping... God I hope they sort this Self employed support out, that's the only way this lock down will be fully effective, otherwise you'll have people working still (Because they'll have to in order to maintain their house, bills, food, etc)

They took the p**s because you were guesstimating without any more knowledge than any other 'bloke on the street'

I note your absence for a few days since and now you're back to say 'you told us so!'

I don't think so, fella and most of us (me included) have abided by the rules in place to date! ;)

Now, for those in the real world, lets see what Boris has to say, shall we and then comment...? :thumbright:

You’ve been picking at things I’ve said for every single post I reply on. I have been sharing obvious information. I haven’t said “a bloke on the street told me”. I have openly said I’ve done my own research, with official information and REAL doctors and REAL scientists opinions.

When I made a post about how young some people have died, I was just chucking whatever articles I could find just to let you all see the reports, in that I included an article from the sun that I never would have shared had I realised who it was, although what they were saying is along the same lines as the real information, so that can’t be an arguement to say my posts are “guess work”. At the end of the day everything I said 2 weeks ago before even our Cardiff game was cancelled has so far proven true, so if I am “guesstimating” Then so be it. Everyone including Scientists and Doctors are GUESSTIMATING. Nobody knows anything for certain, other than stats and figures (which even they are questionable). So stop with this attack on my opinions and my accurate guess work. Everything I said has been obvious to me then, and obvious to everyone now. I could have been wrong, and I definetely wish I was. But I’m not pretending I’m a wizard who can see into the future. I was just obsessed and worried about the virus since late Janurary so I’ve taken an interest in it. Stop with the constant belittlement and either take what I say or leave it, you don’t need to
Keep telling me I’m guesstimating. I KNOW I AM.
LeonSDC

Postby Elwood Blues » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:44 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

He's f*cking dangerous

Good Grief!!
Elwood Blues

Postby brickyblue » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:50 pm

dogfound wrote:
brickyblue wrote:I agree with a lockdown but as a self employed builder If I get universal credit id get £94 a week for a family of 5 while everyone else gets 80% of there salary.

financially im in the same spot as you 94 quid. I hope that will be revised..[/quote

We are not alone it's a joke I hope it changes but I wouldnt be surprised if it dont .
I've taken almost 14 years to build my business could all be gine soon unless they change things ]
brickyblue

Postby dogfound » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:58 pm

brickyblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

financially im in the same spot as you 94 quid. I hope that will be revised..[/quote

We are not alone it's a joke I hope it changes but I wouldnt be surprised if it dont .
I've taken almost 14 years to build my business could all be gine soon unless they change things ]

have you thought about doing something to tied you over ?
im sure chemists will be looking for drivers as demand grows and the elderly guys doing it at the moment self isolate ?
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:58 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

He's f*cking dangerous

Good Grief!!

I thought we voted Labour in Wales which is why earlier this evening Mr Drakeford explained what was happening here in the same way Nicola Sturgeon explained how Scotland would deal with things. Can't understand this political point scoring when no party has ever had any previous experience of dealing with anything remotely close to this before. I think they are all doing their best and we will know just how good their policies are when this is finally beaten. Even politicians I would never normally give the time of day to have impressed me, and none more so than Chris Bryant or Andy Burnham.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:

He's f*cking dangerous

Good Grief!!

I thought we voted Labour in Wales which is why earlier this evening Mr Drakeford explained what was happening here in the same way Nicola Sturgeon explained how Scotland would deal with things. Can't understand this political point scoring when no party has ever had any previous experience of dealing with anything remotely close to this before. I think they are all doing their best and we will know just how good their policies are when this is finally beaten. Even politicians I would never normally give the time of day to have impressed me, and none more so than Chris Bryant or Andy Burnham.

well I don't understand this obsession with people wanting us to follow and be like Italy.. now if people were complaining we wernt doing what Germany has been doing...id get it...
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:46 am

Elwood Blues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:He didnt say the word Lockdown - because it isn´t one when you can go shopping once a day and cycle and excercise in parks.

He didn't say shop.once a day.

He said

Shop for basic necessities as infrequently as possible.

Big difference

He said what I have said above which is not a proper lockdown, people can and will take the mick.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: UPDATED " Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8.30pm

Postby Fergy1927 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:40 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:What has to happen after all this is that China needs to told to sort it's self made mess out and close down the wet markets. Same goes for any South East Asian country.

The elephant in the room. I'm amazed that the world media isn't more outraged about these markets. I remember seeing all the live chickens, turtles etc tied up in tight bags in Hong Kong in the 90s. I couldn't believe it. It was cruel, disgusting and surely a disease waiting to happen. I'm no expert though. It just seemed gross.

Saying that, here in Oz we cram loads of sheep and cattle in confined spaces and ship them live to Asia so I guess we could start something like this to but again, I'm no expert. It just seems dodgy just to save of refrigeration costs.
Fergy1927

Postby Jock » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:41 am

Barry has an open market on Holton rd today.
Jock

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:09 pm

Updated figs from the Gov : 422 have died and 8,077 have tested positive .

There are more out there who have not been tested with these figs - now almost doubled from last Saturday's figs .
TopCat CCFC

Previous

Return to General Chat