What’s the point

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What’s the point

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:21 am

I have been working in London and yesterday four of us turned up for work expecting site to be closed
The manager had us all standing around in a group for a hour whilst he was making phone calls then came out of his office and announced carry on as normal and laughing making jokes about the virus such as no cuddling today etc
Surely apart from essential sites such as gas and oil production all other non essential sites should be forced to close
Myself and one of my mates walked of site the rest returned to work I’ve returned home in lockdown
And for those interested the site was the refurbishment of a cinema complex hardly critical work :banghead: :banghead:
Pembroke bluebird

What’s the point

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What’s the point

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:I have been working in London and yesterday four of us turned up for work expecting site to be closed
The manager had us all standing around in a group for a hour whilst he was making phone calls then came out of his office and announced carry on as normal and laughing making jokes about the virus such as no cuddling today etc
Surely apart from essential sites such as gas and oil production all other non essential sites should be forced to close
Myself and one of my mates walked of site the rest returned to work I’ve returned home in lockdown
And for those interested the site was the refurbishment of a cinema complex hardly critical work :banghead: :banghead:

You’re in a safer place than those still working mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:26 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:I have been working in London and yesterday four of us turned up for work expecting site to be closed

Unfortunately I’m not my wife is a nurse on the front line working extra shifts due to sick colleagues so by coming home I’ve probably put myself at greater risk but it does give me satisfaction I won’t be responsible for spreading this terrible disease
Pembroke bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Unfortunately I’m not my wife is a nurse on the front line working extra shifts due to sick colleagues so by coming home I’ve probably put myself at greater risk but it does give me satisfaction I won’t be responsible for spreading this terrible disease

Your wife is a hero.
Apparently the chancellor is sorting something re your predicament right now.
Stay safe mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Your wife is a hero.
Apparently the chancellor is sorting something re your predicament right now.
Stay safe mate.

Thank you mate and stay safe yourself
Pembroke bluebird

Return to General Chat