738 Die In One Day In Spain

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Dobbin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 am

So sad and according to reports here it will not get any better until first week of April.

Tragic - I am worried for friends and family back in UK that it does not mirror what has happened in Spain and Italy.

I hope the ones ignoring the government seriously take notice of what is happening here and in other countries.

Stay home - Stay safe
Dobbin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 738 Die In One Day In Spain

Postby Dobbin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:06 pm

738 die in Spain in a single day from coronavirus; number of dead in Spain surpassing China

On Wednesday, Spanish health officials reported that 738 people died in the past 24 hours from coronavirus, meaning 3,434 have succumbed to the virus in Spain, surpassing China in the number of COVID-19 fatalities.

It is the deadliest toll in a single day with Spain now the second country in the world with the highest number of deaths from COVID-19 behind Italy.

Spain’s Ministry of Health says the overall number of cases in Spain increased by 20 percent to 47,610 from 39,673 on Tuesday.

At the weekend, Spanish Premier, Pedro Sanchez, warned the worst was yet to come. At a press conference, the Spanish Health Ministry confirmed that 39,673 people have now tested positive for coronavirus in Spain. Madrid continues to be the most affected region, having recorded an additional 1,777 new cases in the last 24 hours. The Spanish capital now records 12,352 positive cases.
Dobbin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:12 pm

A friend in Capdella sent me this. Please pass on . Xxxx

A pharmacist in Capdella said that this coming weekend will be the critical two days for us in Mallorca. The virus should peak over the weekend, and IF WE RESPECT THE NEW RESTRICTIONS AND STAY INDOORS AT HOME it should start slowly to diminish. If not it will continue to multiply and we may end up like Italy. She asked me to tell everyone this message from doctors and the medical profession;
DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE NEXT WEEKEND. NOT EVEN TO BUY A LOAF OF BREAD..... DO NOT SET FOOT OUTSIDE FROM FRIDAY TO MONDAY. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
If we all observe this Spain and Mallorca will turn the corner.....
This comes from a trained pharmacist. Please take note.....
Thankyou
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:13 pm

Spain’s death toll from the coronavirus has surpassed the official figure from China, becoming the second highest in the world.

The number of deaths rose by 738 in 24 hours - a daily record - to 3,434, higher than the 683 announced in Italy.

By comparison, China has officially reported 3,285 deaths, while Italy – the worst affected country – has 6,820.

Spain's rate of infection has increased by a fifth and almost 27,000 people are being treated in hospital.

Madrid is the country's worst affected region but Catalonia in the north-east has seen a rapid increase in cases.

Spain's Deputy Prime Minister Carmen Calvo has tested positive for the virus, the government says. She was admitted to hospital on Sunday with respiratory symptoms.

MPs are to vote on extending the country’s state of emergency for another two weeks until 11 April. Under the rules, people are banned from leaving home except for buying essential supplies and medicines, or for work.
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat