Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ THE VIRUS DROPS FOR 2 OF THE WORST HIT COUNTRIES “

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:08 pm

Italy for the 4th day in a row deaths and catching the virus have dropped :thumbright:
But it’s still horrendous :cry:

Spain is also actually falling :thumbright: But again it is horrendous :cry:

BUT THIS HAS ONLY COME DOWN BY TOTAL LOCKDOWNS & ZERO TOLERANCE BY THE AUTHORITIES :thumbright: :thumbright:
Not continually playing happy families and friends going for walks and having their ice creams :evil: Sadly some of you will regret this big time . :cry:

Re: “ THE VIRUS DROPS FOR 2 OF THE WORST HIT COUNTRIES “

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:45 pm

But this is what it’s become

And feels but are not facts

:cry: Italy's president in tears...half of their doctors and nurses are now dead (bearing in mind their NHS is more advanced then ours!) they are telling people they will have to just die at home. kids are now getting sick or been left at home alone with there dead parents but people in the UK dont give a f**k !!! we are less then two weeks behind Italy ...STAY AT HOME HOW MUCH MORE CLEARER DOES THIS HAVE TO BE MADE SERIOUSLY!!

Copied from another post. WOW :cry:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Annis - I support your posts emphasising that we should isolate and treat COVID 19 seriously but your last post is copied from a misinformed source and could terrify people

There is no way that half the doctors and nurses in Italy have died. These are current facts:

1.COVID deaths in Italy to date = 7,503
2. Numbers of doctors = 336,000
3. Numbers of nurses = around 600,00 depending on how they are defined

Half the nurses and doctors in Italy are not dead

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:10 pm

RadnorRoad wrote:Annis - I support your posts emphasising that we should isolate and treat COVID 19 seriously but your last post is copied from a misinformed source and could terrify people

There is no way that half the doctors and nurses in Italy have died. These are current facts:

1.COVID deaths in Italy to date = 7,503
2. Numbers of doctors = 336,000
3. Numbers of nurses = around 600,00 depending on how they are defined

Half the nurses and doctors in Italy are not dead

My topic post came direct from The BBC tv news at 1pm, I wrote exactly what the reporters said .

As to the one about Italy , Doctors , that’s not facts , it’s how the people are sadly feeling.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:13 pm

This is how Cardiff City Centre looks today :thumbright:

Good but that’s mainly because most places are closed , places like Marshfield, St Mellons etc etc they are still on the streets and they will regret it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:14 pm

Ah ok, I understand

My son lives in northern Italy and is just about coping considering that he's been in lockdown for three weeks

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:18 pm

RadnorRoad wrote:Ah ok, I understand

My son lives in northern Italy and is just about coping considering that he's been in lockdown for three weeks

Sorry if it wasn’t stated better.

I feel for you and your Son big time as it must be scary for you and him, you wondering how he is every day :cry:

I am worried for 19yr old daughter still stuck in Cardiff and now not allowed to join us.

Yes we are in our 12th day lockdown and it’s very boring, but worth it for my family.

This is why I go on so much , the UK Govt and citizens should learn from our mistakes .

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Jim Philips:

Being a key worker I’ve Just finished a 24 hour shift and I’m sad to say that you wouldn’t know penarth and Cardiff are on lockdown . FOR EVERYBODY’S sake stay f*cking in folks it’s not just your life ya messing with it’s everyone’s WISE UP PEOPLE THIS SHIT IS REAL . Your on lockdown not vacation

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I feel for you and your Son big time as it must be scary for you and him, you wondering how he is every day :cry:

I am worried for 19yr old daughter still stuck in Cardiff and now not allowed to join us.

Yes we are in our 12th day lockdown and it’s very boring, but worth it for my family.

This is why I go on so much , the UK Govt and citizens should learn from our mistakes .

Keep going on mate :thumbup:

You might just save some dopes life :thumbup:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:42 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Keep going on mate :thumbup:

You might just save some dopes life :thumbup:

Cheers, I really hope I do :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Italy for the 4th day in a row deaths and catching the virus have dropped :thumbright:

BUT THIS HAS ONLY COME DOWN BY TOTAL LOCKDOWNS & ZERO TOLERANCE BY THE AUTHORITIES :thumbright: :thumbright:
Not continually playing happy families and friends going for walks and having their ice creams :evil: Sadly some of you will regret this big time . :cry:

I was chatting to a Nurse, she is very calm normally but pretty worried about the next three weeks, they have been deep in discussion on ethics, and who will be given the ventilator!

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:28 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Italy for the 4th day in a row deaths and catching the virus have dropped :thumbright:

I was chatting to a Nurse, she is very calm normally but pretty worried about the next three weeks, they have been deep in discussion on ethics, and who will be given the ventilator!

Don’t forget Annis the stats are out by 24-48hrs on the testing side as a test takes 24hrs to get the results...

Bluebinna I was talking to a critical care nurse last week and she said they already been told in her department the young (under 40) get the ventilators before the old. Not the nicest thing to decide and I wouldn’t like to be in their shoes either.

Certain areas of Newport are still treating it like an extended party weekend and they wonder why they’re the hotspot capital for Wales.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Don’t forget Annis the stats are out by 24-48hrs on the testing side as a test takes 24hrs to get the results...

Bluebinna I was talking to a critical care nurse last week and she said they already been told in her department the young (under 40) get the ventilators before the old. Not the nicest thing to decide and I wouldn’t like to be in their shoes either.

Certain areas of Newport are still treating it like an extended party weekend and they wonder why they’re the hotspot capital for Wales.

She said the same, but a 34 year old with preconditions may not get one over a fit 50-year-old with no problems, because the fifty year old would have better survival odds, it's going to be hard for them in three weeks!

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

She said the same, but a 34 year old with preconditions may not get one over a fit 50-year-old with no problems, because the fifty year old would have better survival odds, it's going to be hard for them in three weeks!

It’s going to come down to a case by case basis/ next in line decision at the time unfortunately

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:41 pm

Keep ramming home the message Annis, I misread your post

I can't say too much but I am at the centre of all of this in terms of work although I am exiled in England. Isolation is fundamental as the USA is sadly showing and, to a lesser extent, London here

Someone is going to lose a relative and they'll be saying "why didn't anyone tell me"

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:46 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Mate I’m not sure a nurse should have made that info public in a discussion with you.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 pm

RadnorRoad wrote:Keep ramming home the message Annis, I misread your post

I can't say too much but I am at the centre of all of this in terms of work although I am exiled in England. Isolation is fundamental as the USA is sadly showing and, to a lesser extent, London here

Someone is going to lose a relative and they'll be saying "why didn't anyone tell me"

Cheers, but I sadly fear Uk( London) will be worse than Italy if they dont shut down like us.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Mate I’m not sure a nurse should have made that info public in a discussion with you.

Not trying to be an arse mate just thinking if I was 35 with health problems - which I’m not - it would be upsetting to hear this info...,particularly if they’ve been following all government safety advice.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Not trying to be an arse mate just thinking if I was 35 with health problems - which I’m not - it would be upsetting to hear this info...,particularly if they’ve been following all government safety advice.

Doctors are trained to save as many lives as possible and have to way up the greatest use of life-saving equipment, although age is important it's not the only factor they have to take into account. Fingers crossed they never have to make these terrible decisions and we will have enough ventilators for everyone that needs one :thumbup:

We can help by all staying in most of the time and if we do go out for exercise acting responsibly and following government guidelines.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Bluebina wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Doctors are trained to save as many lives as possible and have to way up the greatest use of life-saving equipment, although age is important it's not the only factor they have to take into account. Fingers crossed they never have to make these terrible decisions and we will have enough ventilators for everyone that needs one :thumbup:

We can help by all staying in most of the time and if we do go out for exercise acting responsibly and following government guidelines.

I do agree and understand all that you say there :thumbup:

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Triage has been used in a medical capacity for many years and is often associated with the battlefield.

Our Doctors and nurses will be more than aware of how it works as it’s a critical aspect of their job, but the scary thing is the potential scale of triage involved and the fear of the unknown.

What we need is a smaller and more manageable number of casualties (below the NHS operating threshold) over a longer term to save lives as kit and equipment is limited, as opposed to a high and untreatable number of casualties in a short time frame, which will result in a high number of deaths.

Just stay indoors unless it’s absolutely necessary and help reduce the spread of cross contamination.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Triage has been used in a medical capacity for many years and is often associated with the battlefield.

Our Doctors and nurses will be more than aware of how it works as it’s a critical aspect of their job, but the scary thing is the potential scale of triage involved and the fear of the unknown.

What we need is a smaller and more manageable number of casualties (below the NHS operating threshold) over a longer term to save lives as kit and equipment is limited, as opposed to a high and untreatable number of casualties in a short time frame, which will result in a high number of deaths.

Just stay indoors unless it’s absolutely necessary and help reduce the spread of cross contamination.

Mate I totally understand that it goes on, as I’m sure most others do. Just thought that giving potential details of who could be given respirators before wasn’t really appropriate at this difficult time for everyone.
As has been said though, if EVERYONE adheres to the rules we can all cross our fingers that as few people lose their lives as possible.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:55 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

isn't this what doctors/ paramedics have always done in these circumstances

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

They certainly do and I’m positive that some difficult decisions may well be made during this awful time.
I was just making the point that the talk of nurses discussing the potential decisions to be made (saving a fit 50 year old as opposed to a 35 year old with medical problems) shouldn’t be discussed / mentioned on this forum as it could be potentially upsetting or worrying to its users.
My opinion, that’s all

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

They certainly do and I’m positive that some difficult decisions may well be made during this awful time.
I was just making the point that the talk of nurses discussing the potential decisions to be made (saving a fit 50 year old as opposed to a 35 year old with medical problems) shouldn’t be discussed / mentioned on this forum as it could be potentially upsetting or worrying to its users.
My opinion, that’s all

yes...what seems to be passing everyone by is the fact that corona virus itself is being prioritised over pretty much all other illnesses and procedures... our hospitals are empty of people that should be in hospital in preparation for the epidemic.. and people are 100% going to die because what illness they have is being trumped...
as an example of volume there are 165,000 cancer deaths every year in the UK, that's 450 a day..yet 50% of those diagnosed with cancer survive through treatment so an equal number who would once have died no longer do....god only knows how many possible diagnosis, treatments, procedures will be missed/not happen...
keeping this virus manageable and keeping things like above in place is one hell of a balancing act..

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:34 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

My opinion, that’s all

yes...what seems to be passing everyone by is the fact that corona virus itself is being prioritised over pretty much all other illnesses and procedures... our hospitals are empty of people that should be in hospital in preparation for the epidemic.. and people are 100% going to die because what illness they have is being trumped...
as an example of volume there are 165,000 cancer deaths every year in the UK, that's 450 a day..yet 50% of those diagnosed with cancer survive through treatment so an equal number who would once have died no longer do....god only knows how many possible diagnosis, treatments, procedures will be missed/not happen...
keeping this virus manageable and keeping things like above in place is one hell of a balancing act..

It certainly is.
Very sobering thoughts there.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:47 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

My opinion, that’s all

It certainly is.

yes, and its not even the biggest killer, heart disease is..

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:17 pm

Some positive news here with regards to ventilators: https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-03- ... -patients/

Worth a read.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:55 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

My opinion, that’s all

It certainly is.

I never gave death.. well certainly the stats of who dies for what reason and how many die every year any real thought before this. but incredibly over half a million of us die every year. shocked me

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 am

dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

My opinion, that’s all

It certainly is.

I never gave death.. well certainly the stats of who dies for what reason and how many die every year any real thought before this. but incredibly over half a million of us die every year. shocked me

Bloody hell!
Good job I’m reading this in the morning and not last night!! Lol
I’m a glass half full person so I’ll be looking at the World’s population right away..,