Heathrow and the virus

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Heathrow and the virus

Postby 50yearfan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:25 pm

How come passengers are arriving by the thousand into Heathrow from Italy, Beijing, and Iran
They are all squeezed into immigration queues coughing and sneezing. Then they are allowed in no questions asked, while I am in lockdown.
Am I missing something?

50yearfan

Heathrow and the virus

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Heathrow and the virus

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:15 pm

There are still another 300,000 at least who are based here to come back - who this Gov have asked to get back here .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:46 pm

It is utterly ridiculous. On the one hand no one is travelling if they can avoid it but on the other hand people away want to get home. Numbers travelling are massively down and airlines on the brink and it really shouldnt be difficult in a complex the size of Heathrow to space people out. What happens when they leave the airport is an altogether different question.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Still asking for stranded people to come home .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluebina » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:54 pm

50yearfan wrote:How come passengers are arriving by the thousand into Heathrow from Italy, Beijing, and Iran
They are all squeezed into immigration queues coughing and sneezing. Then they are allowed in no questions asked, while I am in lockdown.
Am I missing something?

Shut the airports, no foreigners in for the time being, Brits abroad in dodgy countries stay where they are until it all dies down!
Bluebina

Postby dogfound » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Bluebina wrote:
50yearfan wrote:How come passengers are arriving by the thousand into Heathrow from Italy, Beijing, and Iran
Am I missing something?

Shut the airports, no foreigners in for the time being, Brits abroad in dodgy countries stay where they are until it all dies down!

its mostly British citizens returning, which they are entitled to.. I do think they should be returning to some form of quarantine.
dogfound

Postby epping blue » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Am I missing something?

its mostly British citizens returning, which they are entitled to.. I do think they should be returning to some form of quarantine.

Most countries have told their citizens to return if possible although I did notice last week the Romanian government told their 5 million citizens who were abroad to stay where they were.
epping blue

Postby dogfound » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 pm

epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Am I missing something?

Most countries have told their citizens to return if possible although I did notice last week the Romanian government told their 5 million citizens who were abroad to stay where they were.

think it more a warning that if they do not return now ,they will not be able to due to borders closing and flights drying up. than pleading for infected people to come home. people are told similar when wars break out or countries become unstable or dangerous ..
dogfound

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:46 am

Anybody not in their home country already has been as deluded as all those in London on full tube trains.

We had an 18 year old son overseas and we got him home ten days ago.

Its been weeks now since flights were cancelled in massive numbers and it is amazing how much activity there still is at Heathrow.

Postby fred keenor » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Incredible to think flights are still going to NY and back each and every day.
I have no idea why this has not stopped, putting pilots and cabin crew under increasing likliehood of spreading the virus.
fred keenor

Postby Bluebina » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:48 pm

fred keenor wrote:Incredible to think flights are still going to NY and back each and every day.
I have no idea why this has not stopped, putting pilots and cabin crew under increasing likliehood of spreading the virus.

Close the border down to Brits returning only then stick them in a quarantine hostel self-isolating for two to three weeks, don't let them spread it!!!!
Bluebina

Postby dogfound » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:51 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Anybody not in their home country already has been as deluded as all those in London on full tube trains.

Its been weeks now since flights were cancelled in massive numbers and it is amazing how much activity there still is at Heathrow.

its a mixture of things at Heathrow.
some people have been trying to get home for weeks mate and its nowhere near as easy as it sounds...they were talking today on the news to a woman that had booked 5 flights home from Australia only for each to be cancelled.. on top of that price on many of the flights still operating is prohibitive for many ..
then there is cargo.. Heathrow say their cargo traffic is up 200% since the outbreak.
and on top of that there is this 80/20 rule regarding slots...

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 81006.html
dogfound

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:16 pm

dogfound wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Anybody not in their home country already has been as deluded as all those in London on full tube trains.

some people have been trying to get home for weeks mate and its nowhere near as easy as it sounds...they were talking today on the news to a woman that had booked 5 flights home from Australia only for each to be cancelled.. on top of that price on many of the flights still operating is prohibitive for many ..
then there is cargo.. Heathrow say their cargo traffic is up 200% since the outbreak.

The 80/20 rule was suspended weeks ago for European flights. Passenger flights still landing daily from all over Europe and Asia. Its insane. And passengers free to walk out of terminal and get on tube. It makes no sense and it shouldn't be happening when majority are thankfully abiding by lockdown.

Postby dogfound » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The 80/20 rule was suspended weeks ago for European flights. Passenger flights still landing daily from all over Europe and Asia. Its insane. And passengers free to walk out of terminal and get on tube. It makes no sense and it shouldn't be happening when majority are thankfully abiding by lockdown.

not argueing just explaining the air traffic still at heathrow…
people are not coming here on a jolly , there is nowhere to go. ?
dogfound

Return to General Chat