' Supermarkets '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Supermarkets '

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Supermarkets in Spain
Attachments
90262853_10157830084080519_7205305546008690688_n.jpg
90262853_10157830084080519_7205305546008690688_n.jpg (72.12 KiB) Viewed 6507 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Supermarkets '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Supermarkets '

Postby RV Casual » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Given the way people bought over the last couple of weeks mate our supermarkets should be empty of customers not in the main but sadly we all know they won't be and people will just go for something to do
RV Casual

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Supermarkets in Spain

According to the news that’s pretty much how it is in the UK now Annis.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Great to hear :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:23 pm

RV Casual wrote:Given the way people bought over the last couple of weeks mate our supermarkets should be empty of customers not in the main but sadly we all know they won't be and people will just go for something to do

Hopefully the idiots have calmed down now :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Chippy82 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I worked my last shift in Morrisons down bay yest I can tell u now that's not case at all worked in petrol station monday was like any other day no social distancing whatsoever someone whilst coughing his lungs up said what's going this is all bull rap didnt put his hand anywhere near his mouth once served a customer who said he was bored told to self isolate he needed to get out lol arseholes in the shop people were no diff apart from mayb 1 or 2 went asda before I started that was just as busy aswell .
Chippy82

Postby Bluebina » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Chippy82 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I worked my last shift in Morrisons down bay yest I can tell u now that's not case at all worked in petrol station monday was like any other day no social distancing whatsoever someone whilst coughing his lungs up said what's going this is all bull rap didnt put his hand anywhere near his mouth once served a customer who said he was bored told to self isolate he needed to get out lol arseholes in the shop people were no diff apart from mayb 1 or 2 went asda before I started that was just as busy aswell .

A lot of thickos about, I think supermarkets have been the main source if it spreading
!!!
Bluebina

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:09 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

A lot of thickos about, I think supermarkets have been the main source if it spreading
!!!

I think you could be right mate .
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:29 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

!!!

I think you could be right mate .

My sister did a shop in lid in ely,and was shocked at the lack of social distancing by customers, and staff alike! When she questioned the cashier,he came back with "oh they are putting tape down,NEXT WEEK!!! They have this on the street in Llandaff, outside the chemist,with 3 chairs placed 2 metres apart, for those who need them,simple steps,but we're being strictly observed by all who were in the queue. :thumbup: what I can't believe is this NHS volunteer call,only happening in England as of yet??? I tried to register this morning to drop off food to NHS staff,only to be told we are cross border,try your local council! Wake up down the bay,I have no doubt if you put the call out,plenty will volunteer :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Chippy82 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:56 am

Well last couple of weeks working my arse off I've seen no social distancing at all down the bay had a idiot of a guy who rummaging round for keys or what ever put his notes and morrisons card in his mouth to free his hands that was grim to say least but plenty other people were doing similar people coming into the shop coughing there lungs up when you speak to people you could see they had cold etc etc shocking reallytesco express grange town were only allowing 1 in one out and that was weird to say least but needed I've been shocked aswell people in past 10 days saying this virus is nothing aswell when it only seems to be getting worse
Chippy82

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:15 pm

I personally think that supermarkets should be closed to everyone who decides to walk in. I think there should be deliveries only from the supermarkets. and only a certain amount of items whether thats food or drinks.

I know its tough but this is about fighting against the virus by any means necessary.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Chippy82 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I personally think that supermarkets should be closed to everyone who decides to walk in. I think there should be deliveries only from the supermarkets. and only a certain amount of items whether thats food or drinks.

I know its tough but this is about fighting against the virus by any means necessary.

And where will people get there food ????????
Chippy82

Postby Chippy82 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I personally think that supermarkets should be closed to everyone who decides to walk in. I think there should be deliveries only from the supermarkets. and only a certain amount of items whether thats food or drinks.

so home deleveries which a lot are doing and how do you assume people who dont have access to computers smart phones vulnerable people still get there shopping then ??
Chippy82

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:55 pm

Chippy82 wrote:

so home deleveries which a lot are doing and how do you assume people who dont have access to computers smart phones vulnerable people still get there shopping then ??

There is also a bigger picture to this - How many delivery drivers are going to be needed to deliver to the nation ?
If just 1 householder went out once a week - then there is less taking the mick ( to be polite !! ) .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Nuclearblue » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:37 pm

They look like that here as well Annis :ayatollah:
Nuclearblue

Postby dogfound » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:36 pm

its not possible mate , just not enough drivers or food. plus at the moment people order stuff , some doesn't arrive through shortage which invariably means they are then putting their next order in earlier..
dogfound

Postby Jock » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:20 am

Chippy82 wrote:Well last couple of weeks working my arse off I've seen no social distancing at all down the bay had a idiot of a guy who rummaging round for keys or what ever put his notes and morrisons card in his mouth to free his hands that was grim to say least but plenty other people were doing similar people coming into the shop coughing there lungs up when you speak to people you could see they had cold etc etc shocking reallytesco express grange town were only allowing 1 in one out and that was weird to say least but needed I've been shocked aswell people in past 10 days saying this virus is nothing aswell when it only seems to be getting worse

Have you been given masks, gloves etc?
Jock

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:28 am

I'm only going on what I have seen from visiting Tesco's once a week but I have found that most people are understanding and doing their best to social distance. There is tape put down on the floor so customers understand the distances required.

Also whilst the selves are rather empty providing your not fussy you will get enough provisions to last 1 week.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:32 am

That would be the best solution and maybe when all of this is over our shopping habits may change and more of us will use home delivery meaning less traffic, pollution and gearing up the system should another pandemic strike.

Unfortunately in this crisis as pointed out by others the logistics would be impossible
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Foghorn65 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:48 am

I'm a delivery driver and can see a marked improvement in the numbers of customers following the advice and staying home.
Foghorn65

Postby Chippy82 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:51 am

Jock wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:Well last couple of weeks working my arse off I've seen no social distancing at all down the bay had a idiot of a guy who rummaging round for keys or what ever put his notes and morrisons card in his mouth to free his hands that was grim to say least but plenty other people were doing similar people coming into the shop coughing there lungs up when you speak to people you could see they had cold etc etc shocking reallytesco express grange town were only allowing 1 in one out and that was weird to say least but needed I've been shocked aswell people in past 10 days saying this virus is nothing aswell when it only seems to be getting worse

Have you been given masks, gloves etc?
ha as if I was given 1 pair of gloves I asked for sanitizer after a customer whilst tryin sort him self out put his money and morrisons card in his mouth I was told bring my own in lol
Chippy82

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:47 am

Record supermarket sales in March 'busier than Christmas'

Sales of groceries in the UK in March beat all previous records as shoppers stocked up for a long period at home, according to consumer analysts Kantar.

The busiest spell was 16-19 March, when 88% of households visited a food store, adding up to 42 million extra trips across four days.

In the last four weeks, year-on-year supermarket sales grew by 20.6%.

Kantar's Fraser McKevitt said the £10.8bn sales in the past four weeks were "even higher than levels seen at Christmas".
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat