Welsh Govt just announced

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 08, 2020 11:41 am

You can now exercise as much as you like away from your home and garden centres can re-open.

They believe the public will be sensible and dont go to far from your home.

May as well be No lockdown at all.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213752 :cry:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Welsh Govt just announced

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 08, 2020 11:53 am

Garden centres to reopen in Wales as exercise rules relaxed
People in Wales will be able to exercise outside more than once a day, the Welsh Government has announced.

Some libraries, tips and garden centres will also be allowed to re-open from Monday, First Minister Mark Drakeford said.

But other existing lockdown measures are set to continue.

It comes 48 hours before Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces possible changes to the rules in England.
TopCat CCFC

Postby thomasblue » Fri May 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Nothing really has changed other than giving people another reason to leave the house and break the rules. Pathetic decision which can only be put down to pressure from big companies like Wyvale and Trago plus the flower industry who are losing a fortune.
thomasblue

Postby davids » Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 pm

Can exercise outside more than once but still not allowed to travel anywhere to exercise except in certain circumstances which hasn't changed. Still have to exercise only in your own locality for vast majority

Still not allowed to sit in the park or have a picnic or meet relatives or non essential travel allowed so really not much change in the stay at home restrictions as they were before today although many will argue that those restrictions are not stringent enough anyway.
davids

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 08, 2020 12:19 pm

thomasblue wrote:Nothing really has changed other than giving people another reason to leave the house and break the rules. Pathetic decision which can only be put down to pressure from big companies like Wyvale and Trago plus the flower industry who are losing a fortune.

Thomas your right madness , may as well open everything and get the country back to work instead of hanging around the streets

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 08, 2020 12:22 pm

davids wrote:Can exercise outside more than once but still not allowed to travel anywhere to exercise except in certain circumstances which hasn't changed. Still have to exercise only in your own locality for vast majority

Still not allowed to sit in the park or have a picnic or meet relatives or non essential travel allowed so really not much change in the stay at home restrictions as they were before today although many will argue that those restrictions are not stringent enough anyway.

David,

Your putting more people on the streets and it’s just been announced on BBC 1 that the GOVT on Sunday are raking away the slogan stay at home.

BBC

You can go out as much as you want, so everyone will mix more and more.

My strong opinion pathetic while the deaths are still high.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 pm

These were the last set of rules in Wales which i posted before on here - EXERCISE Once A day

Why are new regulations being brought in?
The Welsh Government says: "The fundamental principle is that people should stay home as much as possible".

What do the new rules on exercise say?
That it should be taken "as close as possible to the home".

You should not drive away from home to exercise, with no journeys "of any significant distance".

How often can you exercise?
Once a day. The time limit is not spelled out, but the rules say four or five hours is out of the question. You should stay two metres apart from other people.

Does this apply to everyone?
Some people with health or mobility issues may not be able to exercise directly outside their homes. They may drive to the nearest convenient spot.

Those with conditions or disabilities, such as autism or dementia, can exercise more than once a day.

Can you exercise with other people?
It should be alone, or with people from your household, or with carers if necessary.

Where can you exercise?
It advises places known to be potentially busy should be avoided.

What exercise is allowed?
It should usually be only walking, running and cycling. Risky exercise is ruled out.

Are you allowed to have a picnic?
Picnics are banned, as is sitting for a "prolonged period" on benches.

Can you do anything else when out exercising?
You can, for instance, walk the dog or buy food. These are considered acceptable reasons to be out.

How far are you allowed to cycle?
A "reasonable walking distance from home". This is not spelled out exactly, but the guidance says an accident a long way from home could put more pressure on the NHS.
TopCat CCFC

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri May 08, 2020 2:17 pm

I think some on here are letting party opinions cloud their judgement.

I really hope the UK Government deal with the next phase correctly, because we all need the Government to succeed - whatever our party loyalty.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 08, 2020 2:24 pm

A mate from Liverpool sent me this today

Todays Liverpool Echo headline

'Festival' scenes as big crowds flock to Liverpool parks and abandon social distancing

ake Busby spoke about Stanley Park, explaining: "It is literally a gathering of youths on bikes smoking and spitting. Omg it is a festival."

Jonathan Payne added: "Picnics, sunbathing, people putting zero effort into keeping distance from others."

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 08, 2020 2:30 pm

'A row back from stories of major lockdown relaxation'

Vaughan Roderick

BBC Welsh affairs editor

What this was was an attempt to row back from the sort of news stories – and these haven’t come from Wales, they’ve come from Westminster – that there was going to be a major relaxation of the lockdown rules.

Yes there are some changes, like being allowed to exercise outside more than once a day, but the new message we heard there was as well as stay at home, stay safe and stay local.

Mark Drakeford denied this was an attempt to put pressure on Boris Johnson, but he knows perfectly well, and Nicola Sturgeon knows perfectly well, that this does put pressure on Boris Johnson.

Because these are governments saying: 'If you relax too far thousands of people will die' - in England that equates to tens of thousands of people.
TopCat CCFC

Postby goats » Fri May 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Welsh Govt just announced

You can now exercise as much as you like away from your home and garden centres can re-open.

Just same really as most people don’t exercise anyway. I go out once or maybe twice a day anyway so no different.
Another three weeks it is.....least the kids enjoy cycling on the quiet roads
goats

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 08, 2020 4:18 pm

UPDATED FRIDAY 8TH MAY 2020

31,241 Total deaths :cry:

626 Daily deaths :cry:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 08, 2020 4:19 pm

goats wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Welsh Govt just announced

Just same really as most people don’t exercise anyway. I go out once or maybe twice a day anyway so no different.
Another three weeks it is.....least the kids enjoy cycling on the quiet roads

I agree the average person does not, but thus let’s the morons go out more and more

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 08, 2020 5:04 pm

'Modest' changes to the guidelines

As he announced earlier on Friday, Mr Drakeford said he was making "small, modest" adjustments to the current guidelines.

These are:

People will be able to exercise outside more than once a day, but only locally and not a significant distance from home

Garden centres will be able to open to the public provided they maintain 2m social-distancing

Local authorities have been told to prepare plans to reopen municipal buildings such as libraries and leisure centres

This easing of restrictions does not apply to the 120,000 people told to shield by the Welsh government, he adds.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Restrictions to stay for at least three weeks

Mr Drakeford reiterated that stay-at-home restrictions will remain in place until the next review date in three weeks' time.

"We must not lose the progress we have made," he said.

In particular, he said it was important to remember the following key advice:

People must continue to work from home whenever they can
Travel only when "absolutely necessary"
People should continue to observe the 2m social-distancing rules
Washing hands often should continue to be a priority
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat May 09, 2020 2:30 pm

Councils' 'common approach' to reopen recycling centres

Councils in Wales will need to have confidence in adequate staffing levels, health and safety compliance, and consultation with unions, before considering reopening recycling centres, says Cardiff Council.

It comes after the Welsh Government announced changes to the regulations on lockdown from Monday which enable councils to begin to work on their plans to re-open household waste centres and libraries.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon May 11, 2020 10:58 am

No dates for restrictions ending in Wales

The man charged with Wales' recovery from the coronavirus pandemic has refused to set out a timeframe on when lockdown will be lifted.

Counsel General Jeremy Miles said while it was "important to give people a sense of the direction of travel”, he would not commit the Welsh Government to producing a roadmap outlining phased changes to the lockdown restrictions.

The Welsh Government has already set out a so-called "traffic light" framework to ending lockdown, which is based on a serious of questions which must be answered before restrictions can be gradually eased.

Speaking on BBC Radio Wales Breakfast with Claire Summers, Mr Miles said: “When the lockdown is lifted it will not be immediate, it will be gradual, and in the initial stages, it may not feel very different from the restrictions that we are living under now.

“But it's very important that that is the way that it happens so that we can continue to monitor and keep the spread of the virus under control, which is everyone's top priority.”

Mr Miles said work was “under way” to reintroduce some non-Covid-19 NHS procedures and getting more people to travel on public transport.

He also said Education Minister Kirsty Williams will publish a document “in the coming days” explaining the next steps for the phased return to schools.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon May 11, 2020 11:50 am

Travelling to Wales is breaking the law, says FM

People coming into Wales to exercise will be breaking the law, First Minister Mark Drakeford has said.

He said police chiefs were worried that traffic into Wales could continue to increase from across the boarder, after Prime Minister Boris Johnson said travel to exercise will be allowed in England.

But Mr Drakeford said travelling to Wales to exercise was not exercising locally, as allowed under Welsh rules.

"I want to be clear – in Wales, it is Welsh law which applies", he said.

"We will use whatever means are available to convey this message, including signs on the major roads and motorways, and articles in local newspapers along our borders".

Mr Drakeford said the Welsh Government would continue to make decisions "which are right for Wales" and would use information and expert advice about how coronavirus is circulating here "to keep us all safe".
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue May 12, 2020 12:33 pm

Golf clubs in Wales expected to reopen for local members
The Welsh Government says it expects that some golf clubs could reopen in Wales for "local members".

Under the easing of lockdown measures in England golf courses will be reopened from tomorrow, prompting questions about clubs which straddle the border, such as Llanymynech near Oswestry.

Golf clubs in Wales have been shut during lockdown but the government has offered legal clarification that could see golfers returning to the fairways.

Jason Thomas, director of the Welsh Government’s culture, sport and tourism department, told a Senedd committee he expects that clubs could soon reopen.

“Legal clarification is that golf courses are not included on the list of businesses or establishments that must remain closed - they have never been on that list,” said Mr Thomas.

“It's been other measures in force that has restricted the ability of the clubs to open - travel measures etc, so we have clarified this.

"Legally they don’t have to be closed. We have clarified that we do want to encourage people to exercise but exercise locally, so we are expecting a statement from Wales Golf imminently on the back of our clarification, because they may be minded to suggest to clubs that they can open so they can ensure that local members can play.”
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue May 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Golf clubs in Wales able to reopen from Monday

Golf clubs in Wales will be allowed to reopen from Monday, 18 May.

Golf has been a key topic today with the Welsh Government saying it expects some golf clubs could re-open in Wales for "local members".

Wales Golf have now clarified their position in a statement, saying reopening is at the discretion of each golf club.

"Following recent Welsh Government announcements and the revision of certain Covid-19 related restrictions golf clubs are permitted to open if they so wish," they said.

"It is entirely at each golf club’s discretion as to whether they choose to open and if so when they choose to do so.

"We would advise that clubs that do wish to re-open do not do so immediately so as to ensure they have sufficient protocols in place to adhere to these guidelines, which we will be on hand to assist with.

"This would allow for a managed and co-ordinated reintroduction of golf across Wales from next Monday 18 May at the earliest."
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu May 14, 2020 2:28 pm

Virus impact on Rhondda Cynon Taf 'awful'

The impact of Covid-19 on people living in Rhondda Cynon Taf is "awful", Pontypridd MP Alex Davies-Jones has said.

The county has the highest death rate of Wales' 22 counties - 83 per 100,000.

The five local authorities with the highest coronavirus mortality rates are also among the most deprived in Wales, analysis of the latest figures has shown.

Rhondda Cynon Taff - 83.7 per 100,000 population
Blaenau Gwent - 80.3
Newport - 78.2
Merthyr Tydfil - 78
Cardiff - 72
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 pm

Lockdown fines in Wales to increase to £1,920

The maximum fine for repeated breaches of coronavirus lockdown regulations in Wales will increase from £120 to £1,920, the Welsh Government has confirmed.

Under the new rules , initial fixed penalty notices will remain at £60 but double for each time someone is fined, to a maximum of £1,920.

First Minister Mark Drakeford confirmed that the increased fines would come into force on Friday, ahead of the bank holiday weekend. He said:

"Fines are a last resort in the enforcement of the regulations which keep us all safe,"

"The evidence from the chief constables and Police and Crime Commissioners shows we need a stronger fines structure to deter that small minority of people who persistently fail to keep to the rules."
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluebina » Wed May 20, 2020 9:58 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Lockdown fines in Wales to increase to £1,920

The maximum fine for repeated breaches of coronavirus lockdown regulations in Wales will increase from £120 to £1,920, the Welsh Government has confirmed.

Under the new rules , initial fixed penalty notices will remain at £60 but double for each time someone is fined, to a maximum of £1,920.

First Minister Mark Drakeford confirmed that the increased fines would come into force on Friday, ahead of the bank holiday weekend. He said:

"Fines are a last resort in the enforcement of the regulations which keep us all safe,"

"The evidence from the chief constables and Police and Crime Commissioners shows we need a stronger fines structure to deter that small minority of people who persistently fail to keep to the rules."

Just a headline to get some attention, they won't use it...........
Bluebina

Postby skidemin » Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Europe is slowly but surely coming away from lockdowns. and the bay is going the other way..
skidemin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:03 am

skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Europe is slowly but surely coming away from lockdowns. and the bay is going the other way..

Just PMd you mate :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby goats » Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm

thomasblue wrote:Nothing really has changed other than giving people another reason to leave the house and break the rules. Pathetic decision which can only be put down to pressure from big companies like Wyvale and Trago plus the flower industry who are losing a fortune.

Yep still the same...I go out more than once to exercise anyway..... :banghead:
goats

Postby goats » Fri May 22, 2020 12:23 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Ridiculous I know, barely any deaths and empty hospitals. My yearn to leave wales is growing by the day
goats

Postby skidemin » Fri May 22, 2020 12:52 pm

goats wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Ridiculous I know, barely any deaths and empty hospitals. My yearn to leave wales is growing by the day

imagine Drakeford had said nothing but Boris had said here are the new rules for England but Wales stay locked down ?
there would be riots mate... our AMs would ALL be up in arms and queueing up to give TV interviews slagging BJ off , and gog and his mates would be out in Cilmeri marching against English oppression..
skidemin

Return to General Chat