Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Spain v UK ‘

Tue May 05, 2020 3:33 pm

The latest figures on European housing reveal that two out of three Spaniards live in a flat, while in countries such as Britain, Croatia and Norway, more than 80 percent of people live in houses. Spanish people live in over populated areas in the City’s and they are far more condensed than any other European countries which is mainly the reason why Covid-19 spread so fiercely in the first few weeks. Italy was also in a similar position with many areas of Italy over populated with the population living in flats.

Tue May 05, 2020 3:35 pm

its also the reason London and Birmingham are the 2 worst UK areas.

Wed May 06, 2020 1:25 pm

Spain's death toll rose by 244 in the last 24 hours, the first time since Saturday the number has risen above 200.

In total there have been 25,857 confirmed deaths from the virus, and the country has confirmed 220,325 cases - a rise of 996 compared to Tuesday.

Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez is asking parliament to extend the state of emergency for a few more weeks, telling lawmakers on Wednesday that "the goal is near" but "we are not there yet".

Wed May 06, 2020 4:08 pm

UK death toll passes 30,000

There have been a further 649 coronavirus deaths recorded, taking the UK's total to 30,076, Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick said at the Downing Street briefing.

Wed May 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Seems the brits are not alone in the "moron" stakes, have been reading that residents in fuengerola and alicante have been voicing concerns of large public gatherings in their areas,joggers in groups,cyclists the same,no social distancing taking place,people stopping to chat to people they hadn't seen since lockdown (as soon as there were no police visible,was one residents complaint, another was about large groups of non family walking together,putting residents in fear again,as one has said"we could well have a 2ndifferent spike at this rate,and face another complete lockdown!! Seems that you give some people an inch and they take a mile,with a lengthy lockdown being relaxed,people still disobey the rulesclearly set out!! Be sad to see Spain suffer a 2nd wave,but it surely can happen,if the behaviour continues,especially as there was a small rise in deaths today? :old: :bluebird:

Thu May 07, 2020 12:08 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Spain's death toll rose by 244 in the last 24 hours, the first time since Saturday the number has risen above 200.

In total there have been 25,857 confirmed deaths from the virus, and the country has confirmed 220,325 cases - a rise of 996 compared to Tuesday.

Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez is asking parliament to extend the state of emergency for a few more weeks, telling lawmakers on Wednesday that "the goal is near" but "we are not there yet".

So is that of covid,or with it,as there is massive difference imho. :old: :bluebird:

Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 am

bluesince62 wrote:Seems the brits are not alone in the "moron" stakes, have been reading that residents in fuengerola and alicante have been voicing concerns of large public gatherings in their areas,joggers in groups,cyclists the same,no social distancing taking place,people stopping to chat to people they hadn't seen since lockdown (as soon as there were no police visible,was one residents complaint, another was about large groups of non family walking together,putting residents in fear again,as one has said"we could well have a 2ndifferent spike at this rate,and face another complete lockdown!! Seems that you give some people an inch and they take a mile,with a lengthy lockdown being relaxed,people still disobey the rulesclearly set out!! Be sad to see Spain suffer a 2nd wave,but it surely can happen,if the behaviour continues,especially as there was a small rise in deaths today? :old: :bluebird:

The majority of fines etc over in the Baleric Islands has been the Brits & Germans.

Thu May 07, 2020 9:00 am

Daily deaths
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 07, 2020 11:37 am

SPAIN:

Official figures from the Health Ministry released on Thursday showed that there were 213 coronavirus-related fatalities in the last 24 hours, a slight fall from the 244 recorded on Wednesday.

But the number of total Covid-19 deaths in Spain has now passed another grim milestone, with 26,070 recorded victims, according to today’s official figures which includes care homes and private homes .

The number of infections since the epidemic began, as measured by the more reliable PCR testing, stands at 221,447, a daily rise of 754.

In the past 24 hours, 2,509 coronavirus patients have recovered from the disease, bringing the total number of discharged patients to 128,511. This represents a 2% rise of the total.

Speaking at the government’s daily press conference on Thursday, Fernando Simón, the director of the Health Ministry’s Coordination Center for Health Alerts and Emergencies, said the figures were in line with the falling trend seen over the past few weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Italy and Spain have more elderly than any other countries in Europe.

SPAIN:

WOW

It’s the older people of Spain that have been hit so bad. :cry: :cry:

The number of confirmed and probable deaths at care homes counted using regional figures was 17,585.

The national overall death tally of 25,857 on Wednesday – which includes these care home figures .

Thu May 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Seems the brits are not alone in the "moron" stakes, have been reading that residents in fuengerola and alicante have been voicing concerns of large public gatherings in their areas,joggers in groups,cyclists the same,no social distancing taking place,people stopping to chat to people they hadn't seen since lockdown (as soon as there were no police visible,was one residents complaint, another was about large groups of non family walking together,putting residents in fear again,as one has said"we could well have a 2ndifferent spike at this rate,and face another complete lockdown!! Seems that you give some people an inch and they take a mile,with a lengthy lockdown being relaxed,people still disobey the rulesclearly set out!! Be sad to see Spain suffer a 2nd wave,but it surely can happen,if the behaviour continues,especially as there was a small rise in deaths today? :old: :bluebird:

The majority of fines etc over in the Baleric Islands has been the Brits & Germans.

I've not mentioned fines Annis? So don't get the relevance of the Balearic Islands and mainland spain? I'm talking about 2 days in,Spaniards were reported by residents as completely ignoring social distancing law there,or are you saying these people were brits and Germans too?humans are the same everywhere,but the minority will act as if it's all ok,and as it seems on mainland spain,it started so early into their 1st relaxing of the lockdown,sadly some show no regard for their fellow human beings,and that's the world we live in today. :old: :bluebird:

Fri May 08, 2020 4:12 pm

Latest figures: 626 more die as total rises to 31,241

Environment Secretary George Eustice revealed that 11,788 people are currently in hospital with the coronavirus. He said:

"Sadly of those who have tested positive 31,241 have now died. An increase of 626 fatalities across all settings not just in hospitals."

Sat May 09, 2020 2:50 pm

UK coronavirus death toll passes 35,000

The number of deaths involving Covid-19 that have been registered across the UK now stands at 33,021.

This figure includes 29,710 deaths that occurred in England and Wales up to April 24 (and which had been registered up to May 2), according to the Office for National Statistics.

Today's figures from NHS England show that a further 3,610 hospital patients who had tested positive for Covid-19 died between April 25 and May 8 - which, together with the total figure of 33,021 registered deaths, suggests the overall death toll for the UK has now passed 36,500.

Sat May 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Italy and Spain have more elderly than any other countries in Europe.

SPAIN:

WOW

The number of confirmed and probable deaths at care homes counted using regional figures was 17,585.

The national overall death tally of 25,857 on Wednesday – which includes these care home figures .

The truth is Annis,this is the story in the majority of deaths everywhere, it is hitting the old and infirm the hardest.I can't get my head around the "probable " deaths being counted,it should only be if covid has been the direct cause of death,not age,fragility,underlying serious illness/s.My dad had 3 major underlying conditions at the time of death,and any one of them could have killed him,but only cancer was put on death certificate, when we as a family believe wholeheartedly it was his dementia that killed him,as we nursed him as a family at home,and watched his functions dissappear one by one.the only way we could have known was through post mortem,which my mum didn't want,it's not right to put covid on certificate,if the patient had serious life threatening conditions,it paints a very fuzzy picture,unless that's the reason? :old: :bluebird:

Sun May 10, 2020 10:28 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Italy and Spain have more elderly than any other countries in Europe.

SPAIN:

WOW

The truth is Annis,this is the story in the majority of deaths everywhere, it is hitting the old and infirm the hardest.I can't get my head around the "probable " deaths being counted,it should only be if covid has been the direct cause of death,not age,fragility,underlying serious illness/s.My dad had 3 major underlying conditions at the time of death,and any one of them could have killed him,but only cancer was put on death certificate, when we as a family believe wholeheartedly it was his dementia that killed him,as we nursed him as a family at home,and watched his functions dissappear one by one.the only way we could have known was through post mortem,which my mum didn't want,it's not right to put covid on certificate,if the patient had serious life threatening conditions,it paints a very fuzzy picture,unless that's the reason? :old: :bluebird:

Paul,

Very true and sad .

So Sorry to hear about your Dad :cry: God bless him and all your family .

FAO BLUBIRDSINCE62 / PAUL

So what are your replies to ALL of this??

Spain & Italy do have the oldest populations in Europe and there for are way more vunerable.

Italy has 12% of its people over 75 yrs old.

Also Spain has the largest amount of people in Europe living in flats in fact 2/3 live in flats and this does not help.

Where as Uk are not. London & Birmingham areas have large areas of flats and are there for more vulnerable.

I have said this and and many more facts in topic after topic, so no need anymore to repeat, your just now trying to did dig and find faults with Spain, just to prove a point, very very sad.

Spain made mistakes and were caught badly for it, they immediately did along with Italy the strictest lockdowns in Europe, which was right, whilst the Uk continued their picnics and BBQ, even though they were warned and advised weeks before.

A fact last to do everything the UK and now suffering badly for it and much more could of been prevented, UK Govt a shambles on it .

Paul, just looked back over my posts at least 20 over the weeks avoided by you when i prove things, so dont bother to engage anymore with me as you only do it, when you think you can sadly win a point over me, ver very sad indeed,

Sun May 10, 2020 10:29 am

INCLUDING ANTIBODY TESTS
========================
10h May
Balearics
---------

Total Cases 2055 (+13)
Total Deaths 209 (+2)
Total Recovered 1401 (+6)
Total Active Cases 455 (+5)

Spain Overall
------------

Total 264663 (+ 1880)
Deaths 26621 (+ 143)

EXCLUDING ANTIBODY TESTS
=======================

10th May
Balearics
---------

Total Cases 1950 (+6)
Total Deaths 209 (+2)
Total Recovered 1401 (+6)
Total Active Cases 340 (-2)

Spain Overall
------------

Total 224390 (+ 621)
Deaths 26621 (+ 143)

Sun May 10, 2020 10:44 am

Ages

All of Spain

Sun May 10, 2020 10:45 am

All of Spain

Number of cases too distributed by age

Sun May 10, 2020 12:59 pm

All over the country the Police are saying they are losing the battle.

Sun May 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Spain reports lowest daily death toll in two months

Spain has reported its lowest daily death toll in two months, as it emerges from strict lockdown restrictions.

The health ministry says 143 people died over a 24-hour period, taking Spain's total number of deaths to 26,621.

It is the lowest daily figure since 18 March, two days into the lockdown. The peak was reached on 2 April, with 950 deaths.

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said on Saturday that large parts of country, covering 51% of the population, would begin "phase one" of a four-step lockdown transition on Monday.

Restaurants and bars will be able to serve customers outside and shops selling non-essential items can open. Private gatherings of 10 people or fewer can also be held.

Madrid, Barcelona and the other badly-affected regions do not currently meet the criteria for similar measures, so will have to wait at least another week to move to "phase one".

Sun May 10, 2020 1:12 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Spain reports lowest daily death toll in two months

Spain has reported its lowest daily death toll in two months, as it emerges from strict lockdown restrictions.

The health ministry says 143 people died over a 24-hour period, taking Spain's total number of deaths to 26,621.

It is the lowest daily figure since 18 March, two days into the lockdown. The peak was reached on 2 April, with 950 deaths.

Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said on Saturday that large parts of country, covering 51% of the population, would begin "phase one" of a four-step lockdown transition on Monday.

Restaurants and bars will be able to serve customers outside and shops selling non-essential items can open. Private gatherings of 10 people or fewer can also be held.

Madrid, Barcelona and the other badly-affected regions do not currently meet the criteria for similar measures, so will have to wait at least another week to move to "phase one".

Tony,

I have to say it’s been very very tough, but worth it to save life’s :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun May 10, 2020 1:24 pm

This really really hurts seeing the Country I was born in and some of my family there and many good friends

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213752 :cry: :cry:

Sun May 10, 2020 1:35 pm

Tony,

Don’t get me wrong sadly I think it will come back in some sort of way in every country.
But at least surely it’s best to try to contain it not spread it.

Sun May 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tony,

Don’t get me wrong sadly I think it will come back in some sort of way in every country.

Well it's back in South Korea and Wuhan have had their 1st case for more than a month reported today .

Sun May 10, 2020 1:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tony,

Well it's back in South Korea and Wuhan have had their 1st case for more than a month reported today .

Very worrying Tony.

Sun May 10, 2020 2:28 pm

Hopes rise ahead of Boris's big speech as Britain announces 205 more coronavirus deaths - the lowest daily tally in more than six weeks - taking the country's total fatalities to 31,792

The official death toll for the UK is now 31,792 and is the second highest globally

NHS England confirmed 178 more deaths in hospitals in England

Scotland announced a further 10 fatalities, and 12 more people died in Wales along with five in Northern Ireland. These include community deaths

Scientists today warned the lives of 100,000 Britons could be lost to the virus

A separate study estimates 700,000 deaths in Britain due to the pandemic

Sun May 10, 2020 4:02 pm

Police 'fighting losing battle' over lockdown as 'hundreds' gather for picnics in east London sunshine

BY STEPHANIE COCKROFT

The Evening Standard

Sunday 10th May 2020

Police say they are "fighting a losing battle" over enforcing the lockdown after "hundreds" turned out in parks across east London to enjoy picnics in the sunshine.

Officers in Hackney said groups were gathering in the borough's parks to have "pizzas, beers, wines", despite social distancing rules and calls from the Government for people to stay at home this weekend .

It comes after the Coastguard said that Friday had been its busiest day since lockdown began , with 97 call-outs, compared to the average for April of 63.

Boris Johnson is due to outline potential changes to the lockdown rules on Sunday, but has insisted any alterations will be "limited".

Sun May 10, 2020 4:03 pm

ONLY 15% OF A SKY NEWS POLL WANT BORIS TO LIFT ANY RESTRICTIONS TONIGHT & RIGHTLY SO :thumbright:

Sun May 10, 2020 6:25 pm

Johnson announces ‘unlimited exercise’ in England

Boris Johnson says the next step from Wednesday will be to “encourage people to take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise” in England.

He says: “You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household.”

But he warns people “must obey the rules on social distancing” and to enforce them, the fines police can give out will be increased.

Johnson says, “with ever increasing data” and being able to track progress, “if we as a nation begin to fulfil the conditions I have set out, then in the next few weeks and months we may be able to go further.”

Sun May 10, 2020 6:27 pm

Time for people to wake up and smell the coffee !!!

This as i said 2 days ago this is NO UNITED KINGDOM - WALES : SCOTLAND : N.IRELAND ( Same Plan ) .