Re: Primary schools back june 1st

Postby moonboots » Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 pm

castleblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:What's happening with schools in Wales?

Bethan Lewis

BBC Wales Family & Education Correspondent

On Thursday, Education Minister Kirsty Williams said schools wouldn’t reopen on 1 June
However the Welsh Government hasn't ruled out anything after the 'beginning of June', including later that month
The Welsh Government has promised at least three weeks' notice before a ‘phased’ return
A document on schools is due this week but there's no mention so far of it including any sort of timescale for reopening

It's looking like English schools only on June 1st which Boris did not mention in the broadcast.
Will Wales really defy Westminster ? Even with the 3 weeks they can still go back first week in June in Wales. Its likely that will happen as well

It's not a case of defying Westminster. Health and education, among other things, are devolved issues so we are perfectly entitled to make our own decisions. :thumbright:

They are doing it to justify there existance. Nothing to do with it being the correct call (which it may well be) it's all to do with forcing a wedge between the union which is why they did it Friday and Scotland are doing the same. It's pathetic and dangerous. If it was to do with making a decision they would have done it today after the announcement not friday.
They should all be working together as a country not sepersting us making it all harder for everybody

Welsh Labour and the DUP are Unionist parties so definitely not trying to force a wedge between the Union.
Johnson is a buffoon. Shallow and out of his depth. A coward who didn't have the balls to face Andrew Neil before the December election and now he's stopped his Ministers from facing Piers Morgan. If they can't answer tough questions from interviewers they shouldn't be in the job.
Personally I feel happy the the rest of the UK is taking a more cautious and sensible approach.

Are you sure that Welsh Labour is a Unionist party mate?
Personally, I think Boris is right re Piers Morgan as he just shouted over the people he was interviewing and constantly interrupted them or twisted what they were actually saying. Very rude and poor interviewing techniques.

Welsh Labour under Drakeford are about as Unionist as the SNP. Drakeford is a lifelong Republican and I can remember him saying on a TV interview that he he felt he could have "A Working Relationship with the Royal Family", not the Queen but the Royal Family and there in lies his true colours.

Ever since Drakeford helped Rhodri Morgan with his "Clear Red Water" vision for Wales he has been waiting for an opportunity to control ALL aspects of Welsh Society but, in my opinion, he has failed to understand that citizens rights are embedded in the UK Constitution and that he cannot introduce Law which takes away basic citizens right to Liberty, Privacy, Freedom of Conscience and Expression and to freedom of Association and Assembly.

Since Boris Johnson imposed the lockdown on the British Public he knows full well that we have consented to the temporary removal of our rights because of this unprecedented crisis, he even thanked us ALL during his TV speech Sunday evening. There has been no such acceptance from Drakeford and his cronies and if his "Vision" gets tested in the Supreme Court in London I believe he will get his arse kicked.

In my opinion this crisis has highlighted everything that is wrong with devolution and Drakeford is becoming the Poster Boy for the advert to reverse the devolution vote.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Drakeford and Welsh Labour are definitely Unionists. He says so on their own government website. Some people like to believe certain things are true and then spread incorrect information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Written Statement: The future of the United Kingdom
Mark Drakeford AM, First Minister

First published:28 August 2019
Last updated:28 August 2019
Share this page
Twitter
Facebook
Email
I strongly believe that Wales’ future is best served by being a part of the United Kingdom. The Welsh Government has consistently argued for changes to the settlement over the last two decades to both strengthen our parliament and government but also to strengthen the union.
moonboots

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:36 pm

moonboots wrote:
castleblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Bethan Lewis

On Thursday, Education Minister Kirsty Williams said schools wouldn’t reopen on 1 June
However the Welsh Government hasn't ruled out anything after the 'beginning of June', including later that month
The Welsh Government has promised at least three weeks' notice before a ‘phased’ return
A document on schools is due this week but there's no mention so far of it including any sort of timescale for reopening

It's looking like English schools only on June 1st which Boris did not mention in the broadcast.
Will Wales really defy Westminster ? Even with the 3 weeks they can still go back first week in June in Wales. Its likely that will happen as well

It's not a case of defying Westminster. Health and education, among other things, are devolved issues so we are perfectly entitled to make our own decisions. :thumbright:

They are doing it to justify there existance. Nothing to do with it being the correct call (which it may well be) it's all to do with forcing a wedge between the union which is why they did it Friday and Scotland are doing the same. It's pathetic and dangerous. If it was to do with making a decision they would have done it today after the announcement not friday.
They should all be working together as a country not sepersting us making it all harder for everybody

Welsh Labour and the DUP are Unionist parties so definitely not trying to force a wedge between the Union.
Johnson is a buffoon. Shallow and out of his depth. A coward who didn't have the balls to face Andrew Neil before the December election and now he's stopped his Ministers from facing Piers Morgan. If they can't answer tough questions from interviewers they shouldn't be in the job.
Personally I feel happy the the rest of the UK is taking a more cautious and sensible approach.

Personally, I think Boris is right re Piers Morgan as he just shouted over the people he was interviewing and constantly interrupted them or twisted what they were actually saying. Very rude and poor interviewing techniques.

Welsh Labour under Drakeford are about as Unionist as the SNP. Drakeford is a lifelong Republican and I can remember him saying on a TV interview that he he felt he could have "A Working Relationship with the Royal Family", not the Queen but the Royal Family and there in lies his true colours.

Ever since Drakeford helped Rhodri Morgan with his "Clear Red Water" vision for Wales he has been waiting for an opportunity to control ALL aspects of Welsh Society but, in my opinion, he has failed to understand that citizens rights are embedded in the UK Constitution and that he cannot introduce Law which takes away basic citizens right to Liberty, Privacy, Freedom of Conscience and Expression and to freedom of Association and Assembly.

Since Boris Johnson imposed the lockdown on the British Public he knows full well that we have consented to the temporary removal of our rights because of this unprecedented crisis, he even thanked us ALL during his TV speech Sunday evening. There has been no such acceptance from Drakeford and his cronies and if his "Vision" gets tested in the Supreme Court in London I believe he will get his arse kicked.

In my opinion this crisis has highlighted everything that is wrong with devolution and Drakeford is becoming the Poster Boy for the advert to reverse the devolution vote.

Drakeford and Welsh Labour are definitely Unionists. He says so on their own government website. Some people like to believe certain things are true and then spread incorrect information.

Share this page
Twitter
Facebook
Email
I strongly believe that Wales’ future is best served by being a part of the United Kingdom. The Welsh Government has consistently argued for changes to the settlement over the last two decades to both strengthen our parliament and government but also to strengthen the union.

So because it's written on the website it makes them Unionist? Come on mate! :roll:
Saying it is one thing, putting it into practice is another entirely.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby moonboots » Fri May 15, 2020 3:51 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
castleblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Bethan Lewis

Share this page
Twitter
Facebook
Email

So because it's written on the website it makes them Unionist? Come on mate! :roll:

I've heard him say it loads of times. He commits it in writing on a government website and you still dont believe!!! He's a f*cking Unionist ffs !!!
moonboots

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:55 pm

moonboots wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
castleblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Bethan Lewis

Share this page
Twitter
Facebook
Email

I've heard him say it loads of times. He commits it in writing on a government website and you still dont believe!!! He's a f*cking Unionist ffs !!!

Saying it is one thing, putting it into practice is another entirely.[/quote]
bluebirdoct1962

Re: Poll: Primary schools back june 1st

Postby moonboots » Fri May 15, 2020 4:21 pm

So.....bluebirdoct62, are you saying that he actually wants an independent Wales??

If he did, he and his Welsh Labour mates, would be in Plaid, fighting the case for independence.

He cares for Wales, and will fight Wales's corner, as indeed he should, as our First Minister, but he believes that Wales is better off inside the Union.

Mind you, if Johnson and the rest of his "rule Britannia " brigade keep on the way they are I can see him swallowing his pride and joining the cause. The UK government is clearly showing a total disrespect for the devolved nations, not consulting them on vital matters which are, after all, devolved and as well as that they are deliberately trying to confuse the message for Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish people. Johnson is out of his depth and his bluster, Latin quotes and jokey style will show him for the empty vessel he is. He will soon unravel.
moonboots

Postby skidemin » Fri May 15, 2020 9:25 pm

moonboots wrote:So.....bluebirdoct62, are you saying that he actually wants an independent Wales??

If he did, he and his Welsh Labour mates, would be in Plaid, fighting the case for independence.

He cares for Wales, and will fight Wales's corner, as indeed he should, as our First Minister, but he believes that Wales is better off inside the Union.

Mind you, if Johnson and the rest of his "rule Britannia " brigade keep on the way they are I can see him swallowing his pride and joining the cause. The UK government is clearly showing a total disrespect for the devolved nations, not consulting them on vital matters which are, after all, devolved and as well as that they are deliberately trying to confuse the message for Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish people. Johnson is out of his depth and his bluster, Latin quotes and jokey style will show him for the empty vessel he is. He will soon unravel.

the deliberate act was the devolved leaders jumping in early knowing BJ was announcing on Sunday..
skidemin

Postby castleblue » Sat May 16, 2020 10:01 am

moonboots wrote:
castleblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Bethan Lewis

Share this page
Twitter
Facebook
Email

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2018-11- ... manifesto/

Here is the interview where Drakeford "States" he is a Republican and does NOT support the Royal Family. In the UK any Act Of Parliament requires "Royal Ascent" before becoming law. Drakeford wants to change that so the "Supreme" power is with our elected representatives AKA him. You can be both Pro Union and a republican but Drakeford is most certainly not and you will understand that if you read "Clear Red Water".

Drakeford will only be happy once he is Mr President of Wales, the Supreme Power, our biggest problem is he already believes he is.

castleblue

Postby rumpo kid » Sun May 17, 2020 9:49 am

I still find it odd Drakeford is anywhere near Govt.. I can only assume that Labour picked the thickest and most pliable idiot they had, put him up as a puppet, and somewhere behind the scenes is a brain.

I hope thats true, because if its not...well, it doesnt bare contemplation..
rumpo kid

Postby moonboots » Sun May 17, 2020 7:00 pm

castleblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
castleblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Bethan Lewis

Share this page
Twitter
Facebook
Email

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2018-11- ... manifesto/

Here is the interview where Drakeford "States" he is a Republican and does NOT support the Royal Family. In the UK any Act Of Parliament requires "Royal Ascent" before becoming law. Drakeford wants to change that so the "Supreme" power is with our elected representatives AKA him. You can be both Pro Union and a republican but Drakeford is most certainly not and you will understand that if you read "Clear Red Water".

Drakeford will only be happy once he is Mr President of Wales, the Supreme Power, our biggest problem is he already believes he is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08d900h

This is from about 2 days ago. Listen from 14 to 16 minutes. He clearly rejects nationalism in favour of being a part of the Union. His own very recent words on a national radio interview. He's a Unionist. NDAT.
moonboots

Postby BlueGog » Mon May 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Schools in Wales won't open until September, just like public schools in England...
Attachments
99427926_2498654426900874_1858485761192493056_n.jpg
99427926_2498654426900874_1858485761192493056_n.jpg (49.57 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
BlueGog

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Bethan Lewis

That's what I thought mate :bluescarf:

Agreed he is a tool, the quicker we abolish devolution in Wales the better!
Bluebina

Postby skidemin » Mon May 18, 2020 3:55 pm

BlueGog wrote:Schools in Wales won't open until September, just like public schools in England...

so 1 in 1266 Belgians dying is a lower rate than 1 in 1973 in the UK... its not ...honest..
skidemin

Postby snoopystorm » Mon May 18, 2020 6:02 pm

My kids won’t be going back, my youngest has asthma and every cold she gets goes to her chest and my 13yo also has asthma but has it in cycles (same as me) and as such she won’t be going back either until I’m confident they will be safe, can’t risk them getting this evil disease.
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby goats » Mon May 18, 2020 8:30 pm

BlueGog wrote:Schools in Wales won't open until September, just like public schools in England...

Can you imagine the support kids in public schools will be getting? Video lessons and personal zoom calls everyday probably.....none of that here as welsh kids fall further behind. Quite enjoying teaching mine at home.
goats

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 18, 2020 9:21 pm

After the incident in france be lucky to open next summer... :old:
pembroke allan

Postby castleblue » Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 am

moonboots wrote:
castleblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
castleblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Bethan Lewis