Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Should they wear them? “

Thu May 14, 2020 11:09 am

In Spain / Italy / France / New Zealand etc it’s the law and massive fines of 600euros who you do not wear face masks on public transport trains, busses , tax’s , planes etc

The Govt hand them out free as you go to the tubes etf

In the UK Boris asks you politely to wear them if you want.

I just saw hundreds of people coming of packed trains & buses in London with NO social distances .

Who is in the right?

To the ones who have said from day one Boris was right not having a proper lockdown etc is he right on this?

Don’t forget Boris was late on care homes , late on partial lockdown etc is he leaving this to late on the masks?

Welsh Govt have ordered one million face masks a day to be made in Cardiff.

Honest opinions ?

Re: “ Should they wear them? “

Thu May 14, 2020 1:41 pm

In short No

Thu May 14, 2020 3:14 pm

I hope not. I've got a face mask but I have no idea how to put it on :evil:

Thu May 14, 2020 5:13 pm

Wear a mask and deprive yourself of oxygen. No thanks from myself

Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 am

Britain's first face-mask vending machine launched in Essex

The first vending machines to sell face-masks have emerged on the streets of Britain, reports Miranda Levy.

Visitors to the Mace Convenience store on Brook Parade in Chigwell, Essex, can now purchase fashion-forward face coverings from a "Vendamask" during their trips out to buy bread and milk.

Adam Freeman, 42, who runs a finance company in nearby Debden, has created maskey.co.uk in lockdown which sells customised designs, and has adapted ordinary vending machines by stripping out their refrigerating units.

Countries such as Singapore and Germany have been selling masks from such machines, but only, it appears, in surgical blue.

Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Wear a mask and deprive yourself of oxygen. No thanks from myself

What are you on about now?

Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Wear a mask and deprive yourself of oxygen. No thanks from myself

It's obvious what I said and mean. Cant you work it out ?

Fri May 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

i asked because the statement itself makes no sense.

Do you have this nugget of information on good authority by any chance?

Fri May 15, 2020 4:14 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

I've watched videos of doctors, professors and scientists and they say dont wear a mask as it blocks the amount of oxygen going into your body.
I'd rather listen to these people than the half arsed government :thumbup:

Fri May 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

I've watched videos of doctors, professors and scientists and they say dont wear a mask as it blocks the amount of oxygen going into your body.

But if that was the case then surely doctors & nurses in operating rooms around the world would be dropping dead on a daily basis. Maybe your hatred of your government or just government in general is clouding your judgement, I don't know, but if it's good enough for the people on the front line every day as it has been for years then it's good enough for me.

We all have opinions and on this we will have to agree to disagree.

Fri May 15, 2020 4:31 pm

I'm not saying frontline staff shouldnt wear masks and the title of the thread is about wearing masks on buses, trains etc.

Personally I wont wear a mask but then again I dont travel on public transport that much and I would rather trust myself than a clueless government advising me what to do.

Sun May 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Ignore my earlier reply if I’m told to then I got just the face mask that won’t upset anyone lol
7F32D053-3682-42DE-988A-8DC0421F785E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm

It is upsetting me to see my ex Mrs

Sun May 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

But if that was the case then surely doctors & nurses in operating rooms around the world would be dropping dead on a daily basis. Maybe your hatred of your government or just government in general is clouding your judgement, I don't know, but if it's good enough for the people on the front line every day as it has been for years then it's good enough for me.

all our governments have said during this outbreak that the evidence is public use of masks being of benefit is inconclusive..
re operating theatres im sure they are worn to protect the patient ?
and not re used .

Sun May 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Thought unless you were face fitted for the seal, it didn’t do a lot.. although it may reduce the viral load etc.. not sure.

Sun May 17, 2020 11:05 pm

skidemin wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

all our governments have said during this outbreak that the evidence is public use of masks being of benefit is inconclusive..
re operating theatres im sure they are worn to protect the patient ?
and not re used .

And what does any of what you said have to do with the amount of oxygen which is what we were discussing? I know perfectly well why masks are worn in operating theaters etc.

Tue May 19, 2020 8:10 am

There’s about 21% oxygen in atmosphere.. below 19% becomes dangerous for function. Masks would not be on the market if they caused oxygen deprivation. If a surgeon started sprinting around the theatre, you may have a point.

Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 am

Spain:

Face masks will be compulsory in public places indoors and some areas outside where 2metres can not be done

Remember Boris & Adam Hancock said there was no problem in shaking hands.

If anyone goes on any planes, you all have to wear face masks.

Tue May 19, 2020 6:11 pm

If masks are being handed out at metro stations and buses, then fair enough. A lot of conflicting advice about, though. Besides, we should not really be coughing and sneezing all over each other at the best of times, never mind now.

Tue May 19, 2020 10:01 pm

The thing is that we are on the downward trend with the virus and there simply wont be needed in the UK.

Wed May 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Spain toughens decree on mask-wearing

Wearing masks is being made compulsory in public spaces in Spain, both indoors and out, if social distancing is not possible.

Only children under six and people with health issues are exempt from the law, which comes into force on Thursday.

Many European countries have now made wearing masks a requirement on public transport but the Spanish decree goes further.

Spain has seen one of the worst Covid-19 outbreaks in Europe - with almost 28,000 deaths - but is now easing the lockdown gradually.

Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Tube passengers 'could be banned' without face covering

Passengers could be stopped from travelling on Tube trains and buses in the capital without a face covering, London Mayor Sadiq Khan has announced.

He said he had the option to make it mandatory in London only, which he said he would be considering next week.

Existing guidance from Transport for London only goes as far as advising passengers to wear face coverings, which is in line with nationwide policy.

Mr Khan told the London Assembly he would lobby the government to try to "reach a sensible compromise", noting some train services in London were not under his control.

Thu May 21, 2020 4:57 pm

It’s not a gimp mask mate, you can still breathe in a bog standard face mask :lol:

Fri May 22, 2020 7:43 am

Charles preferences for masks are a personal thing jock... it’s no laughing matter.

Fri May 22, 2020 10:21 am

Yet more new research (Edinburgh University I think)

Do not stand alongside or behind a person with a mask on.
If they sneeze, cough etc then spray of droplets will come out the side or behind them and land on you.
So people in masks could actually be endangering other people.

Other experts views
The particles from masks material, dust, own expelled droplets could also be inhaled back into your lungs causing damage to your own lungs.

There are too many so called experts giving conflicting advice, some just for attention.

Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 pm

That’s right, they have to be face fitted.

Fri May 22, 2020 12:35 pm

Should also say, how do you do you face fit and socially distance.

Fri May 22, 2020 12:50 pm

It’s working for us all theses strict lockdowns :thumbright:

Mallorca/Ibiza/ Minorca SPANISH GOVT SAYS FROM MONDAY Confirmed Phase2 Restaurants/ Bars people allowed inside / people allowed on beaches etc https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/loca ... =redaccion

Fri May 22, 2020 1:14 pm

rumpo kid wrote:That’s right, they have to be face fitted.

most of the masks ive seen for sale haven't got the CE certification mark, so basically you could be buying a product that is not fit for purpose.. I do hope that if our country make wearing masks mandatory in certain situations its been deemed absolutely necessary and therefore will come with rules regarding proper masks of a certain standard.. not just the pointless as long as it looks a bit like a mask its ok, which seems to be what im seeing atm...

Fri May 22, 2020 2:54 pm

Think FP3 is ok from what I’ve read.. not sure about P2.