Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watching The Big Match Revisited

Thu May 21, 2020 7:26 am

Watching this is excruciating,at the moment it’s Millwall vs Portsmouth 2nd Division 1974.
No team can put 2 passes together!
Millwall have Brian Clark at No 9

Re: Watching The Big Match Revisited

Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 am

Ninianman wrote:Watching this is excruciating,at the moment it’s Millwall vs Portsmouth 2nd Division 1974.

Bet the terraces were interesting :shock:

Thu May 21, 2020 9:01 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninianman wrote:Watching this is excruciating,at the moment it’s Millwall vs Portsmouth 2nd Division 1974.

Bet the terraces were interesting :shock:

Yes it was, you could hear the crowd clearly.
There was a certain Paul Went playing for Pompey and a young Gordon Hill for Millwall

Thu May 21, 2020 11:24 am

What channel is that on guys?

Thu May 21, 2020 11:42 am

davids wrote:What channel is that on guys?

Yes I’d like to see that on catch up

Thu May 21, 2020 8:18 pm

BTSports 3,everyday at 08.00 i think.
Brian Moore does a “where are they now”
One player had an illustrious career and they photographed him outside his Croydon scrap meatal business,35 years of age.
Where would you see that now ?
The dugout at the Millwall game had only enough room for 3 people,the camera showed the manager and one sub !!!

Thu May 21, 2020 10:47 pm

Ah.. the legend Brian Moore. I recall watching us v Stoke, the season they went up to the first division, probably about 78...
On the Big Match next day after Stoke scored, it was ‘ you’re gonna get your fuckin heads kicked in’ clear as a bell..

It was crap in them days, but ya know what, it was more fun..

Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 am

rumpo kid wrote:Ah.. the legend Brian Moore. I recall watching us v Stoke, the season they went up to the first division, probably about 78...
On the Big Match next day after Stoke scored, it was ‘ you’re gonna get your fuckin heads kicked in’ clear as a bell..

Yes I heard that too mate. Clear as day.
It was great fun. The yellow and white stripes on the kit, my scarf to match, going early to wait to see if there was a special train from Stoke, the smell of stale pi$$ sweeping across the bob bank, great songs, great characters on and off the field, awful quality of football with a few quality players, the football day for me starting at 10am and finishing around 630pm.
Great great memories but I’m glad to be sitting in our new stadium watching the footy now :old: :bluescarf:

Fri May 22, 2020 2:41 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Ah.. the legend Brian Moore. I recall watching us v Stoke, the season they went up to the first division, probably about 78...

It was great fun. The yellow and white stripes on the kit, my scarf to match, going early to wait to see if there was a special train from Stoke, the smell of stale pi$$ sweeping across the bob bank, great songs, great characters on and off the field, awful quality of football with a few quality players, the football day for me starting at 10am and finishing around 630pm.
Great great memories but I’m glad to be sitting in our new stadium watching the footy now :old: :bluescarf:

I watched some of the Wales v Scotland game from Ninian Park that they showed on BBC Wales last Saturday afternoon - I think it was from 1979?

Could clearly hear a great chant I'd forgotten from those days:-

"Over there, over there.
And do they smell,
Like Fu..ing hell!"

Fri May 22, 2020 4:25 pm

davids wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I watched some of the Wales v Scotland game from Ninian Park that they showed on BBC Wales last Saturday afternoon - I think it was from 1979?

Could clearly hear a great chant I'd forgotten from those days:-

"Over there, over there.
And do they smell,
Like Fu..ing hell!"

Yes I heard that too :laughing6: