Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If a Covid19 vaccine became available would you take it ?

You may select 1 option

View results

If a Covid vaccine became available ? Poll

Tue May 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Let’s see the feelings on this subject on how many have no concerns to those that do.

Re: If a Covid vaccine became available ? Poll

Wed May 20, 2020 12:05 am

UNSURE..... if it was a straight yes or no my answer would defo be NO.

but have this feeling that having an immunity passport which has been talked about will make life easier.
so if blackmailed into one YES..

Wed May 20, 2020 12:27 am

A polite no for me,the current vaccine being tested on some,does not prevent infection, according to scientists at Oxford. I believe the word mandatory will come in regards having the vaccine,which to me is worrying regards the "immunity passport" bribe.nobody should be forced into something they do not feel comfortable with. After all,seasonal flu kills between 350/750,000 annually worldwide, but having a flu jab has not been made mandatory, and in the years gone by flu has killed millions upon millions of people,whereas at present,even if you belive the figures being touted around, covid hasn't yet reached a million deaths, at present around 360/380,000? Anyway I digress, no thank you. :old: :bluebird:

Wed May 20, 2020 6:28 am

Of course I would?

It won’t be licensed unless it’s effective!

Wed May 20, 2020 10:23 am

bluesince62 wrote:A polite no for me,the current vaccine being tested on some,does not prevent infection, according to scientists at Oxford. I believe the word mandatory will come in regards having the vaccine,which to me is worrying regards the "immunity passport" bribe.nobody should be forced into something they do not feel comfortable with. After all,seasonal flu kills between 350/750,000 annually worldwide, but having a flu jab has not been made mandatory, and in the years gone by flu has killed millions upon millions of people,whereas at present,even if you belive the figures being touted around, covid hasn't yet reached a million deaths, at present around 360/380,000? Anyway I digress, no thank you. :old: :bluebird:

But how many people survive the flu though? You seem obsessed with the death rate don’t forget way more survive it maybe you should add those numbers as well to your post.

Wed May 20, 2020 2:07 pm

bluesince62 wrote:A polite no for me,the current vaccine being tested on some,does not prevent infection, according to scientists at Oxford. I believe the word mandatory will come in regards having the vaccine,which to me is worrying regards the "immunity passport" bribe.nobody should be forced into something they do not feel comfortable with. After all,seasonal flu kills between 350/750,000 annually worldwide, but having a flu jab has not been made mandatory, and in the years gone by flu has killed millions upon millions of people,whereas at present,even if you belive the figures being touted around, covid hasn't yet reached a million deaths, at present around 360/380,000? Anyway I digress, no thank you. :old: :bluebird:

Nobody said it was the current vaccine being tested so stop making up your own question. If you wouldn't have a vaccine then fine just say so without making shit up when there's no need, nobody mentioned forcing anyone either. Simple question so give a simple answer without all of your made up crap.

Wed May 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Mandatory is ethically wrong. No one should be forced to inject anything into their bodies. We are not experimental lab rats.
For me it’s a no I will not have it. But for me I have no firm evidence to say it’s not good it’s just like the flu jab I won’t have that. Just something strongly inside me says don’t do it. And I trust my instinct. My wife has the flu jab and she says I should to but I say no chance. She said well i ain’t had the Flu since having it. I said neither have I :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe it’s my distrust of the pharmaceutical industry that I think like this.

Wed May 20, 2020 4:57 pm

I'm a 65 year old fat b*stard with an underlying health issue so for me it's shall I bend over to feel the little prick or what :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously we are living in a world without a vaccine to this virus and over 300,000 people are dead. If a vaccine becomes available why not have one.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed May 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:

But how many people survive the flu though? You seem obsessed with the death rate don’t forget way more survive it maybe you should add those numbers as well to your post.

And you seem obsessed with me!! That's my view,if you don't like what I say,block me,you are following me around like a stalker and it's still a no from me. And yes the death rate is all I am concerned with when deciding if I should panic or not.not when the bbc tells me to :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Wed May 20, 2020 6:45 pm

skidemin wrote:UNSURE..... if it was a straight yes or no my answer would defo be NO.

but have this feeling that having an immunity passport which has been talked about will make life easier.

So that's an unsure, a no and a yes.....talk about covering all the bases :lol:

Wed May 20, 2020 7:07 pm

I definitely will, unless I'm told not to or I can

Wed May 20, 2020 9:23 pm

moonboots wrote:
skidemin wrote:UNSURE..... if it was a straight yes or no my answer would defo be NO.

So that's an unsure, a no and a yes.....talk about covering all the bases :lol:

pretty sure that's what unsure means.
maybe im wrong and some nasty Englishman will arrive shouting im not good enough. have to take my chances.

Wed May 20, 2020 10:31 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:

Nobody said it was the current vaccine being tested so stop making up your own question. If you wouldn't have a vaccine then fine just say so without making shit up when there's no need, nobody mentioned forcing anyone either. Simple question so give a simple answer without all of your made up crap.

And the made up shit as you call it Is where exactly? Who the F@ck are you to be telling people what they can post,and what they can't? ? And on topic,the op asked for people's feelings on the matter,I gave mine,just because you may think differently oesnt give you the right to curse someone,but then again you are living in the land of make believe,so why am I so surprised :roll: some posters don't agree o something! Stop the press :laughing5: and I mentioned the current vaccine being tested,as that's all we have at present. And the figures I've quoted for flu deaths are correct,but we have never had to lockdown for that,or did I miss that? I don't have to give "a simple"answer, let's see people's feelings we were asked,well they are mine,nothing in my post is "made up" why don't you try answering the question asked? If the op had stated straight yes or no, I'd have give a "simple" answer,idiot! :old: :bluebird:

Wed May 20, 2020 10:44 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

And the made up shit as you call it Is where exactly? Who the F@ck are you to be telling people what they can post,and what they can't? ? And on topic,the op asked for people's feelings on the matter,I gave mine,just because you may think differently oesnt give you the right to curse someone,but then again you are living in the land of make believe,so why am I so surprised :roll: some posters don't agree o something! Stop the press :laughing5: and I mentioned the current vaccine being tested,as that's all we have at present. And the figures I've quoted for flu deaths are correct,but we have never had to lockdown for that,or did I miss that? I don't have to give "a simple"answer, let's see people's feelings we were asked,well they are mine,nothing in my post is "made up" why don't you try answering the question asked? If the op had stated straight yes or no, I'd have give a "simple" answer,idiot! :old: :bluebird:

Wow just wow.

And there a vaccine now? I missed that.

Wed May 20, 2020 11:09 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Wow just wow.

Keep up at the back,they have been testing one on patients for a number of weeks now! Why the wow bollocks, I didn't realise I was replying to you, no go away,and bother someone else please, I'm bored of you now. :sleepy2: :old: :bluebird:

Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Wow just wow.

Keep up at the back,they have been testing one on patients for a number of weeks now! Why the wow bollocks, I didn't realise I was replying to you, no go away,and bother someone else please, I'm bored of you now. :sleepy2: :old: :bluebird:

Wow because you called someone an idiot because they opinion differs from yours.

They trying to develop a vaccine there is no vaccine as of yet. Pretty sure it be big news when they discover one. Or let me guess the bbc are hiding it from us. Lmao.

Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 am

I think the immunity passport makes sense, why would these countries want a resurgence of the disease because someone didnt want to protect themselves or the others around them.

Additionally it's a completely selfish thought process as it essentially saying that you feeling uncomfortable for 10 mins isnt worth it to stop potentially spreading the disease to children, the elderly or those with a weak immune system.

With regards to the Flu vs Corona virus comparison. One has operated without the whole globe shutting down, one hasnt. Additionally a big fear comes with the virility of the spread and the lack of treatment. At this point in time their is no treatment for COVID. Finally COVID has a higher death rate and death rate than the Flu.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronav ... h-flu.html

Apart from that you are spot on.

Thu May 21, 2020 11:40 am

I would take it YES. I’m quite unwell and so side effects of a vaccine would more times than not be a lot better than me getting the virus. An example was I had the flu last year and I’m not going over the top but I could have died because of the pressure it put on my body and condition. I recovered from the flu but it took me months. Unfortunately my family members caught it off me mum dad and sister. Mum and sister were quite unwell but bounced back quickly. My dad was very unwell for over a week, hardly ate Or got out of bed and it took him to recover - weeks too. However they were a lot better than me and they think god had the vaccine in advance. It was very clear that if they hadn’t been vaccinated they would have been much worse and I dread to think for my dad it could have been game over!

Don’t get me wrong I will be a little apprehensive about having a vaccine because I tend to react to many drugs but if I get Covid And it was the severe version I doubt I’d survive anyway.

Thu May 21, 2020 1:26 pm

LaBamba wrote:

I think the immunity passport makes sense, why would these countries want a resurgence of the disease because someone didnt want to protect themselves or the others around them.

Additionally it's a completely selfish thought process as it essentially saying that you feeling uncomfortable for 10 mins isnt worth it to stop potentially spreading the disease to children, the elderly or those with a weak immune system.

With regards to the Flu vs Corona virus comparison. One has operated without the whole globe shutting down, one hasnt. Additionally a big fear comes with the virility of the spread and the lack of treatment. At this point in time their is no treatment for COVID. Finally COVID has a higher death rate and death rate than the Flu.

I agree :thumbup:

Interestingly though, there was some expert on bbc, he was brilliant and makes perfect sense, one thing he did say that surprised me was that 40 kids die a year of flu, which he said is a higher level than covid-19. He also said only a tiny percentage pass on covid -19

Listening to him, I feel even more that we should be opening the schools to some children asap, he said the benefits clearly outweigh the negatives.

Thu May 21, 2020 10:42 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:

Wow just wow.

Wow because you called someone an idiot because they opinion differs from yours.

They trying to develop a vaccine there is no vaccine as of yet. Pretty sure it be big news when they discover one. Or let me guess the bbc are hiding it from us. Lmao.

Get it right! I called him an idiot,as the op had asked for people's feelings on the matter, perhaps you and he should re read his opening post?? (The op) as I have already pointed out,it wasn't a simple question of yes or no :roll: :old: :bluebird:

Thu May 21, 2020 11:05 pm

LaBamba wrote:

You have misread my uncomfortable quote,I choose not to have it because I like some others have objections to having something forced upon us, and what the after/side effects may turn out to be :? As for you calling it a selfish act,that is your opinion, of which I respect, but certainly do not agree with,as I have followed the advice given,stayed home (when not delivering medications to elderly/ isolated patients ) have not given my 80 yr old mother any wriggle room,and she has been in lockdown since February, when she developed symtoms,which thankfully rurned out to be flu,she has never had the jab for that,and she is still with us.my refusal is my personal choice,I don't have the flu jab either,nor a steroid injection for my chronic bursitis in my shoulder, again because I'm not" comfortable " with having them,not as you think,that the having a needle would make me feel temporarily uncomfortableie pain? I do wonder then,why aren't people who don't have the flu jab classed as selfish? As we could be spreading that around too? And yes this covid has a higher death rate than flu,but what if it has dissappeared in a year or so? (Not that I'm saying it will) and deaths top out at say 750,000 to 1m? It could be then classed as equal to a bad year of flu? And at present flu has a slightly higher death rate in kids under say,10,which I read earlier ,and in all honesty was a little surprised! Sorry if you misunderstood what I meant by uncomfortable :thumbup: and if you knew me at all,you would certainly not class me as a selfish person at all,probably the opposite in fact. :old: :bluebird:

Fri May 22, 2020 7:05 pm

Not a chance I will have it, and why would I need it as I'm not old or live in a care home.