3 months later

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3 months later

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 22, 2020 8:50 pm

And the UK with the 2nd highest death rate in the world and kept its borders open for millions to just walk in, now announces you honestly could not make it uo, is this Government real?

14-day quarantine for most UK arrivals

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213752

Patel says new measures are to be introduced at the UK border to guard against a second wave of infections.

Anyone entering the UK, from 8 June, will have to self-isolate for 14 days.

The home secretary says there is a risk that people visiting the UK over the summer or returning from holidays abroad might bring the virus with them.

With the infection rate in the UK falling, imported cases could pose a "larger threat" going forward, she says, and action is needed to manage the risk of transmission this way.

As was speculated earlier, those arriving from the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man will be exempt.

Others excluded are the medical professionals helping to treat the virus and seasonal agricultural workers staying on the farms where they are working.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

3 months later

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 3 months later

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri May 22, 2020 9:08 pm

All those arriving will need to tell officials where they will be staying, whether it is with family, friends or in rented accommodation.

If this does not meet the “necessary requirements”, people will be required to self-isolate in facilities arranged by the government.

So what will be required of people going into self-isolation?

People will be expected to travel by car, where possible, and not use public transport

They should not leave their residence for 14 days

They should not go to work, school or visit public areas

They should not have friends or family to stay or visit, except to provide essential support

They should not go out to shop where they can rely on others.

They will be encouraged to download the NHS Covid-19 app at the border
TopCat CCFC

Re: 3 months later

Postby bluesince62 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:And the UK with the 2nd highest death rate in the world and kept its borders open for millions to just walk in, now announces you honestly could not make it uo, is this Government real?

14-day quarantine for most UK arrivals

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=213752

Patel says new measures are to be introduced at the UK border to guard against a second wave of infections.

Anyone entering the UK, from 8 June, will have to self-isolate for 14 days.

The home secretary says there is a risk that people visiting the UK over the summer or returning from holidays abroad might bring the virus with them.

With the infection rate in the UK falling, imported cases could pose a "larger threat" going forward, she says, and action is needed to manage the risk of transmission this way.

As was speculated earlier, those arriving from the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man will be exempt.

Others excluded are the medical professionals helping to treat the virus and seasonal agricultural workers staying on the farms where they are working.

Annis,you say you still like boris? Imho he has made a hash of this situation, and refusing to listen to the scientists (world leading,were his words)when he told the public all along he's been following scientific advice! ! I said at the outset he has bungled his way through this virus,costing many thousands of elderly their lives,and deserves to be dragged over the coals for it!! I don't buy he's had to deal with the 2 biggest crisis in a long time,he knew what was ahead,before putting his name in the hat so to speak, he chose to apply for the top job,and sometimes you have to face a crisis or two in that position.the first week,I gave him a solid 8,for how he had handled it up to then,but since?? Sorry but it's a 4 from me.a complete shambles of an effort.you ask"are this government real?" Imho not really,they have let the uk down,by their indecision. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Return to General Chat