Rick Wright's firesale

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rick Wright's firesale

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 21, 2020 10:11 am

Rick Wright's firesale

It is widely acknowledged that Cardiff City's Division Three-winning squad of 1993 could easily have gone on to conquer the division above.

The quality coursing through that side would have struck fear into many teams in the old Division Two. But, for former chairman Rick Wright, that was not the objected.

Wright was transparent when he took over the club, he wanted to get promoted, make money and sell up. And he stuck to his word.

The magic of that 1992/93 dream under Eddie May slowly ebbed away with the sales of many key players, such as Kevin Ratcliffe, Chris Pike, Paul Ramsey, Gavin Ward and, of course, our very own Nathan Blake.

It was a huge source of disappointment for not only fans but the players, many of whom believe the club could have gone on a wondrous journey with that squad, but it wasn't to be.
Attachments
1Rick-Wright.jpg
1Rick-Wright.jpg (52.15 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Rick Wright's firesale

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Rick Wright's firesale

Postby Foghorn65 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Smug looking twot
Foghorn65

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:46 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Smug looking twot

TBF though mate, he took us over when we were on our knees (2-3K crowds) and made us into a club with the potential to have crowds around 5 times as big.
He said all along that he was only in it for the ££ and that he had no interest in football whatsoever. He was hoping that someone would buy the club from him and sadly they didn't. Hence the fire sale. One of my fave times of watching the club to :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby skidemin » Thu May 21, 2020 6:55 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

TBF though mate, he took us over when we were on our knees (2-3K crowds) and made us into a club with the potential to have crowds around 5 times as big.
He said all along that he was only in it for the ££ and that he had no interest in football whatsoever. He was hoping that someone would buy the club from him and sadly they didn't. Hence the fire sale. One of my fave times of watching the club to :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

yep.. says in the OP that he was transparent about his intensions , which he was... personally im grateful he came along have some very good memories.
skidemin

Postby BLUECHUGGY » Fri May 22, 2020 7:44 am

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

yep.. says in the OP that he was transparent about his intensions , which he was... personally im grateful he came along have some very good memories.

Cant agree more he did what it says on the tin
another real great time to be watching the city
BLUECHUGGY

Postby Caztheturkk » Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 am

To be honest before he came in was going to about 6 home games and about 6 aways ,he put interest back in the club and we loved him while it lasted.
Caztheturkk

Postby Foghorn65 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 pm

I really enjoyed the football during his tenure, just saying he almost always had that look on his face. Met him a few times, trying to find a pic with me and some mates with him to see the look :)
Foghorn65

Postby maccydee » Fri May 22, 2020 9:30 pm

He gave people an idea of our potential which later resulted in Sam buying us.

Rick Wright could have been a hero.
maccydee

Postby bluesince62 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:42 am

maccydee wrote:He gave people an idea of our potential which later resulted in Sam buying us.

Rick Wright could have been a hero.

Spot on,heven did what he said he would,but certainly could have been a hero here,if only he stayed around a little longer. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby fred keenor » Sat May 23, 2020 6:51 am

I remember his brother winning a million pound bet on the 4 league winners,i wonder if that was part of his plan?
fred keenor

Postby Jasonccfc » Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Excellent owner who didn't lie and bullshit.
Jasonccfc

Return to General Chat